Testing qx6700

eno-on

[H]ard|Gawd
Got anything you want me to benchmark or test?
Running at 10x300 right now.

eno-on said:
Got anything you want me to benchmark or test?
Running at 10x300 right now.

Please run Prime95, Orthos or SP2004 on all 4 cores for at least 4 hours and post your
10X300 overclock right here.

You will have the distinction of being the first QX6700 overclock result to be put in our Conroe
database. Go for it!

In other news...
I like your signature. Other words that I think you should include are "too" and "it's".

I've never figured out how to run multiple instances of prime95. How do I do it?

Thanks on the sig, can't add more without breaking sig rules though, I think.

eno-on said:
I've never figured out how to run multiple instances of prime95. How do I do it?

I don't have a multiple core processor so I don't know. Try Othros. I think that program makes
it easy to test all cores at once inside one window.

oc680i-3622mhz.gif

See the two boxes where the tests are listed? Each box is one core. Either Orthos automatically
tests all your cores, or you tell it how many cores you have.

eno-on said:

Thanks on the sig, can't add more without breaking sig rules though, I think.
You would create 4 directories all containing the prime95 files. Run one .exe from each dir. There is an option to set the affinity of each prime95 instance; arrange them so that each core will have one instance associated with them. Start all instances, wait. :)

and yes, your sig is good ;)

I'm running two instances of orthos now, instead, first one is set to cpu's 0 and 1, second to 2 and 3.

Orthos can only test 0 and 1 cores... 2 and 3 are not tested.. If can be done how?, seperate folders and such

It can be done by running another instance with a a different executable name just fine, have to set affinity to cpus 2 and 3.

As a matter of fact, I do.
I have written this thingie a while ago:
http://scali.eu.org/~bohemiq/FireNew.rar

And I've been looking for people with more than 2 cores/CPUs to test it, to see how it scales beyond dualcore.

I'd like you to test it. It requires Windows with DirectX 9 and the VC++ redist installed (for the OpenMP multithreading library support):
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=65127&clcid=0x409
(x64 version linked at the bottom).

My E6600 gets about 260 fps with 1 thread and about 450 fps with 2 threads.
With more than 2 threads, performance slowly drops.
On a Kentsfield, 4 threads should be optimal, and I hope it will reach at least 600 fps, if I wrote my algo properly :)

Thanks in advance.

Mentok:
I have to keep using the computer (it's here at my shop), so I haven't gotten 4 hours of orthos yet. Soon though.

Back