texting and no monthly fee

HarkovAdm

Limp Gawd
Is this possible? I don't know much about phones or phone plans but what I do during an average month is:

-talk very few minutes, very short conversations mostly of the 'I'm here, open the door' sort
-send maybe 50 texts
-would like a plan that lets me use a decent phone that can do the instant messenger thing

What is the cheapest way to do this? I don't care about coverage because I stay in pretty urban areas. Thanks :)

Any plan will consider IM's at text messages (unless you get a data package) so I'm not sure if you'll be able to pull that off...

Virgin Mobile has a 200 min, $20/mo prepaid plan. 200 texts/mo is $5 more. So $25/mo. Minutes roll over each month. I think that's about the cheapest plan you can find.

I've heard of something called the "peek" or something like that. I don't think there is a monthly fee for that. Or at least I think you can get a sub that doesn't use a monthly fee. For any kind of access like that there is likely to be some kind of fee. The only way around it would be to get a phone that has wifi and just use that when it's available and not use anything at all when it isn't. You can get just texting plans though if you go for a prepaid phone. So for example Virgin mobile, you can pay 20 dollars a month for unlimited texting (which would include IM). I think T-mobile has a texting plan too, but I am not sure. I just use their contract service. With Virgin you would pay 20 cents per minute, but if you only make a few calls it isn't so much. You'd still probably be at about 25 bucks but it'd be mostly the unlimited texting.

metro pcs just came up here and they have a plan that 5 unlimited everything. "jersey"

id go with prepaid + text/im combo if possible.. i know over here they do a $10/1000 texts, or $15 for voicemail, callerid, msn/aim, and texts.

Back