TF2 Scoring?

SAW

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive logged nearly 80hrs as a Heavy.....

Yet...

I STILL cant figure out this scoring system in the game.

I'll shoot a guy dead. I get a "Kill"

I shoot a guy and someone else helps to kill him...I get a point?

Then I shoot a guy dead with help, my name shows up first....then other times, my name shows up last.

At the end of the game, I honestly dont know....Did I do good cause of the kills or was it the points? I dont freakin know???

So, how does the scoring system actually work in TF2?

Ive logged nearly 80hrs as a Heavy.....

Yet...

I STILL cant figure out this scoring system in the game.

I'll shoot a guy dead. I get a "Kill"

I shoot a guy and someone else helps to kill him...I get a point?

Then I shoot a guy dead with help, my name shows up first....then other times, my name shows up last.

At the end of the game, I honestly dont know....Did I do good cause of the kills or was it the points? I dont freakin know???

So, how does the scoring system actually work in TF2?

You work with your team to achieve objectives. Each time you achieve an objective, your team gets a point.

These are the only points that matter in TF2. :p

kill = 1 point (name in the front)
assist = .5 point (name in the back)
destruction = 1 point
capture/defend = 1 point
domination/revenge = 1 point
headshot = 2 points
backstab = 2 points
teleport = .5 point
uber = ??? I don't play medic

I think its something like that (not sure on all). But you can pretty much see all your stats (such as K/D ratio) when you check the score.

Edit: Heh, guess there are a lot of errors in my scoring scale, since it didn't work for me looking at one of my screens.

cp_dustbowl0002.jpg

*yes...I just wanted to show off. :D

kill = 1 point (name in the front)
assist = .5 point (name in the back)
destruction = 1 point
capture/defend = 1 point
domination/revenge = 1 point
headshot = 2 points
backstab = 2 points
teleport = .5 point
uber = ??? I don't play medic

I think its something like that (not sure on all). But you can pretty much see all your stats (such as K/D ratio) when you check the score.

Edit: Heh, guess there are a lot of errors in my scoring scale, since it didn't work for me looking at one of my screens.

cp_dustbowl0002.jpg

*yes...I just wanted to show off. :D

Was just about to say that, hahah. I'm not good with the pyro at all

Your math is fine. 97 + (31 * .5) + 16 + 4 = 132.5

Popping an über = 1 point
600 healpoints as engy or medic = 1 point

pryos are the funnest. set a bunch of people on fire than hack at them with an axe
budda budda!

i have a pyro tip

*your flame is longer while running backwards..it condenses while running forwards*

how to use that as your advantage...is a little more difficult

You work with your team to achieve objectives. Each time you achieve an objective, your team gets a point.

These are the only points that matter in TF2. :p

Indeed the truth.

Though, it is rather gratifying to score up towards the top.
An example of high individual scores that don't do jack for the team: Snipers on 2fort on an instant re-spawn server. They are spawning faster than you can kill them. A sniper can have twice the points of anyone on the opposing team, and his team still lose the match. And then complain loudly about it over voice. Well, head shots are not captures.

Sometimes when I play, im not really in a "team work" type of mood.....rather, im wanting to do the best I CAN DO against the other team, i.e. I like to see how many kills I can get vs. how many deaths.

To me, If I have 10 kills, but also have 10 deaths, I havent done very well. On the other hand, If I get 10 kills and only 5 deaths then Im getting 2 kills for every death I take. But while doing this, at the end of a match, I'll look at the score and am left wondering...."WTF?" I could have sworn I killed more than what the score shows....So, thought Id ask the [H] :)

Thanks for the replies :)

Edit: And then, sometimes, I'll find a good server with competent people playing and communicating and the game takes on a whole new aspect and the "kill/death" ratio goes out the window and its ALL ABOUT THE TEAM. I really like those moments, rare they may be.

yeah my kill to death usually sucks. i like to run in and waste a bunch of people, but demos and turrets and surprise rockets stop that a lot.

Back