TFGHT is missing

xdivenx

[H]ard|Gawd
Today I rebooted my computer and i keep getting the message "TFGHT is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" on boot. Googling has not turned up much. Keep in mind this windows install is not new either.

I think I have an idea as to what the problem is. My Bootmgr is located on my 320GB seagate drive which used to be my OS drive. The actual system drive is a WD Raptor. So in bios I have it set to boot from the 320GB Seagate and then i hit enter to boot from Windows 7. Is my problem something related to this or compression of bootmgr since it is not located on the system drive? How can i solve this?

Do you have a Windows 7 install disc? You can use the repair functionality to fix the bootloader.

I am looking for it right now. How hard would it be to do via a Linux live disc?

Thanks so much. I can now boot and i will be fixing the MBR so that it is on the proper drive now!

I appreciate your help.

*It looks like the recovery CD messed up my install now. it says i am using Build 7600 RTM and that it is not genuine. This isn't true, I am using a legit install. Could this be because the other entry in the MBR was this and it restored incorrectly?

Edit: So I used MSConfig and deleted the old bootmgr entry. So now i am just left with the problem of my copy turning non-genuine :( i guess this is where I call microsoft and speak with a rep?

Last edited:
You wouldn't be getting that error if it was genuine.

Thats not necessarily true. This message also appears when it's time to activate and you haven't done it. Try reactivating windows. If it's all legit it should reactivate easily and the message will go away.

Back