Thank you EPoX!

onetrueday

[H]ard|Gawd
I was originally running a winchester 3k on a MSI mobo, but it simply wouldn't oc past 219. So, I dumped it and purchased a GIGABYTE GA-K8NF-9. Considering the cost, I was very impressed and was able to run the winchester at 257 100% stable on a stock hsf.

Then I picked up a x2 3800 the first week they came out. The gigabyte required a bios update, which went like a breeze.

However, I couldn't oc the x2 past 227. I also had issues with usb failing for no reason and my onboard networking was problematic. It seemed like it was working fine, but I'd often have errors in multi-rar downloads when I would repack them.

So, I picked up a EPoX EP-9NPA+Ultra.

What a DREAM motherboard!! The bios already supported the x2. The bootup screen shows all known voltages and temps. It was one of the easiest upgrades I've ever done.

Now, i'm running the x2 3800 at 253fsb/2.52 without any issues at all.

i love the post screen on my EP-9NDA3J, shows so much great info, i also love that if it doesn't boot within 5 seconds when you are overclocking it sets itself to default levels so you can fix whatever you broke... and since i did a bios update, mine supports dual core as well, i'm thinking of saving my money for a while, because dual core is actually something that would benefit me, considering what i do on a day to day basis(some pretty cpu intensive audio editing, etc)... and this motherboard is a killer overclocking, running on 305 mhz HTT right now, 3x multiplier, processor at 2745... i'm loving this board, i might have to stick with epox in the future

Elysian said:
i love the post screen on my EP-9NDA3J, shows so much great info, i also love that if it doesn't boot within 5 seconds when you are overclocking it sets itself to default levels so you can fix whatever you broke... and since i did a bios update, mine supports dual core as well, i'm thinking of saving my money for a while, because dual core is actually something that would benefit me, considering what i do on a day to day basis(some pretty cpu intensive audio editing, etc)... and this motherboard is a killer overclocking, running on 305 mhz HTT right now, 3x multiplier, processor at 2745... i'm loving this board, i might have to stick with epox in the future

cool, I didn't know about the 5 second deal.

thanks

Back