Thanks Seasonic and [H]!!!

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
So the other day I get a message from Kyle, "gimme yo shipping address dawg" or something along those lines. Little did I know a life changing event was about to transpire. Only days later a fleet of UPS trucks pulled into our drive-way and delivered 850 watts of semi-modular goodness. It only took one truck to bring the PSU, the others were most likely diversions. After I bid the UPS drivers adieu with traditional Swiss yodelling I hastily opened the package with an ice axe (learned that from Tomb Raider... EVERY box is now a "Frustration-Free Package") to get to the soft Seasonic entrails.

There it was in all its glory, the M12II Bronze Power supply. It is the mack daddy of power supplies. When I folded up the stylishly orange and black hewed box lid, I was dazzled by watt after watt of potential powery goodness. I just so happened to have an AweGeiger Counter which measures the radiated awesomeness of any electronic device and it clicked away as a solid 8.3 agc's. You can be assured that its an accurate reading because my Seasonic x-750 registered a 9.5 and my older Seasonic based PC Power and Cooling Quad 750 registered a feisty 7.2 agc's. I haven't dared to take a reading on the Seasonic Platinum line, not sure my tester could handle that kind of load.

One of the biggest surprises was also the smallest. As in how small the unit actually is. With the potential to push 70 screaming amps through a single 12v rail, I assumed this thing would be about the size of a microwave oven. Its actually no bigger than my x750, which although I haven't 'professionally' measured it is probably only a couple inches deep. I'm pretty sure some kind of alien technology is involved to make it this tiny. Just like my x750 it comes with a nice pouch to carry the modular cables, however this one isn't soft and velvety, its actually a bit crinkly and tough. Although its very strong I doubt it would stop anything bigger than small weapons fire though, larger calibers will go right through it. It's rough surface could chafe if used inappropriately. Its probably best to just use it for holding the excess cables.

There is no need to scrounge through your desk to find a power cord for this baby, this is no 'eco-friendly' namby pamby ferret cage unit. This comes fully equipped and ready to push some video cards to their limits. The fine black mesh sleaving is probably made from asbestos and the finely textured paint that covers the sleek exterior must be filled with lead chips, its the only way I know they could have created a paint job this intricate. Its almost like you can read tiny hieroglyphics when you stick you're face right against it.

And although for the moment I haven't installed it in my system ( I mostly just gently hold it in my hands and caress the hexagonal patterned fan grill), this is one of the few PSU's I would use for running upcoming nVidia gtx 980s in SLI or HD 9990s in Xfire. Not 9 of them of course, but 2 or 3. Anyway, I had better finish up the highly technical and professional-ish review... Thanks again Seasonic and Kyle!

TLDR: Thanks for the awesome PSU!!!

P.S. I named her Mafalda.

Last edited:
Nice review, and congrats on the score. Glad to see someone actually post about their winnings here.

Awesome writeup!

awesomeBlast.gif

Back