*** The 100% Complete 3DMark05 Forceware Comparison ***

And to make it faster, I dont think you would need to do another full round up, maybe just the WHQL's and the highest performance ones and 2-3 random ones.

Ex: 61.21, 61.36, 61.76, 61.77, 65.73, 66.29, 66.51, 66.70, 66.72, 66.80

those 10 are the WHQL's, most recent and high performers.

chrisf6969 said:
And to make it faster, I dont think you would need to do another full round up, maybe just the WHQL's and the highest performance ones and 2-3 random ones.

Ex: 61.21, 61.36, 61.76, 61.77, 65.73, 66.29, 66.51, 66.70, 66.72, 66.80

those 10 are the WHQL's, most recent and high performers.

Thank you for all your suggestions as of late bro, and the WHQL testing will/would speed things up quite a bit, and then I wouldn't be addressing BETA drivers that most ppl wouldn't wanna touch anyways.

I'll definitely be giving you some credit when this is all said and done....cus that'll speed things up considerably.

Got me a BFG 6800 OC and had a successful RivaTuner softmod, wanted to see what she could do. So I downloaded 3DMark05 and ran it. Best score was 2485. :mad: But I was using the drivers that came with the card, 61.21s. Cornelious couldn't even get them to run the bench. It ran for me, but phew!

So then I downloaded the 66.72s after looking over the charts (I would have gone for the 66.70s but I wanted the installer). Did the whole [H]-endorsed DriverCleaner driver upgrade method (also courtesy of Cornelious, hmmm, a trend here?).

:eek: HOLY CRAP!!! :eek:

My new high score? 3925! From a single driver upgrade I jump 1440 points!

Now I have to push my CPU, GPU, and GDDR a little and see if I can claw my way into those mid-4000s...

Current specs:
ABIT NF7-S Rev. 1.1(!)
AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ at 2300Mhz (11.5x200)
2x512MB Generic pc3200 at 200mhz
Antec TruPower 430W PSU
BFG 6800 OC @350/700

All that to say, Cornelious, you made one of my most puzzling decisions--which driver was right for me--much easier, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

It's good to hear that I've actually been able to help out a few ppl with my findings.....and starting on Saturday (my day off) I'm going to be starting up my next round of testing.

Exactly what will included is.....all existing WHQL series60 Forceware drivers will be tested using 3DMark2001, 3DMark03, 3DMark05, Aquamark3, Unreal2k4 (if i can get the benchmarking in it working) and Doom3. By doing this I will try to find the most suited certifed driver available for certain games.....and I will be sure to record any graphical issues or glitches that I encounter along the way.

I would have been started on the testing already, but I just finished moving my computer into an old case and gutting my Lian-Li to get ready for some cuts I have to do to it, and the autobody paint job I'm getting done this month.....along with the arrival of my water cooling gear I've been kinda tied up. ;)

Dont' worry though, "THE WHQL Forceware Comparison" (that'll be the thread title) will be posted up on Saturday, and I'll hopefully have a first set of results that day.

Sorry guys, but I'm in the middle of a couple upgrade/mod processes with my computer right now so I can't really get going on the new thread as of yet. I'll let you know though.

Back