The 100 Top Brands

HardOCP News

[H] News
Although the list of Top 100 Brands is chock full of big name retail brands like Coca-Cola (#1) and Kentucky Fried Chicken (#64), the tech sector didn't do too bad either. Companies such as Microsoft (#3), Intel (#7), Google (#10), HP (#12) and Cisco Systems (#17) literally dominated the top 20 spots.

When ranking the value of the Best Global Brands, Interbrand evaluates brand value in the same way any other corporate asset is valued -- on the basis of how much it is likely to earn for the company in the future. Interbrand uses a combination of analysts’ projections, company financial documents, and its own qualitative and quantitative analysis to arrive at a net present value of those earnings. The brand values are based on data collected during the 12 months prior to June 30, 2008.

Microsoft #3, Google #10. Big ouch for Google.

Say, where's Yahoo?

Wow, ibm and microsoft are almost tied there in value, only 24 million apart.

i thought VW was the parent company of Porsche, i guess its only Audi, but i swear i thought it was Porsche as well... :)

Okay, I might be dumb but - is there any way to look at the entire list without having to scroll through the slideshow?

Kinda surprised at some of the items on the list. How do they compile this list?

Kinda surprised at some of the items on the list. How do they compile this list?

When ranking the value of the Best Global Brands, Interbrand evaluates brand value in the same way any other corporate asset is valued -- on the basis of how much it is likely to earn for the company in the future. Interbrand uses a combination of analysts’ projections, company financial documents, and its own qualitative and quantitative analysis to arrive at a net present value of those earnings. The brand values are based on data collected during the 12 months prior to June 30, 2008.

Interesting list overall, though I thought I would see some other companies that I did not, but I may have missed them.

Back