The 15 Most Hated Companies in America

NEVER buy a Dell printer.
If they give you one for free, sell it to someone you don't like. Dell doesn't build thier printers, they just have someone else make them with modified ink cartidges, so you are stuck paying Dell for overpriced replacements, and no generic either. By HP, Epson, Canon, or even Brother printers.

Epson and Brother cartidges have long lifes for refilling, I think I had one Epson cartridge last for 4 re-fills, heard similar stories with Brother.

This list makes my scratch my head...
Read the article. It's not ranked just on customer opinion, and that seems to be a small part of the ranking. The weighting seems to be pretty unusual too.

Click bait works!

Citi Group can eat one. They offer no customer protection - I had to eat $1000 because of them. Needless to say I'll never own anything with their name on it.

Lucky you only had to pay it in dollars. Citi creditcard in Canada now moves to CIBC (Canadian IMPERIAL bank of commerce)

Now I doubt Queen Elizabeth II will come over personally to lob the heads off 1.3 million Canadians for owing $200, but I'm not so sure about King Charles III. Imperial banking - is not exactly the same as you people in the US with democratized banking (where you can print up an extra $600B every year to cover debts)

I fear Charles a *little bit* less than the other Imperials, and Kim Jong il. But not much.

If they give you one for free, sell it to someone you don't like. Dell doesn't build thier printers, they just have someone else make them with modified ink cartidges
That would be Lexmark and not all models use modified cartridges. It's actually not that hard to find generics made for Dell either.

I'm partial to Samsung laser printers and Canon inkjets, but I also like Epson inkjets.

Spend some time trying to administrate their products in the enterprise and having to deal with their support departments on regular basis and soon you too will be bashing your head on the concrete repeatedly just to make the pain stop.

I'm the systems admin at a software company and haven't any major problems with MS. In 4 years, I've only talked to thier support once, and they just confirmed what I already had figured out.

I occasional run into a bug, but that's normal with software, so I tend to wait until the 1st service pack is out before upgrading. The 2 times I didn't and ran into problems was with Vista and Exchange 2010. However, Windows 7 has been great, even though SP1 isn't out yet.

This is the one thing I have bought from Dell, and it has worked out great.

I got a 3100CN network group color laser about 4 years ago for $349 on sale.

I think the engine is a Fuji IIRC. I looked it up once.

It has an option in the bios to suppress messages concerning non-Dell supplies.

However, there is one problem that is coming eventually, though it may be years for me before it does.

The Drum has to be replaced at 10,000 imprints. Note that is "imprints", not pages.

Since this is a 4-pass printer, every pass is an imprint. So if I print a lot of color, the drum counts down to eol 4 times faster.

Apparently it shuts down the printer at 10,000 imprints whether it's still working or not. You can either buy a new $275 drum, or I've seen "bypass kits" sold on the net for around $10 to get around the counter.

If they give you one for free, sell it to someone you don't like. Dell doesn't build thier printers, they just have someone else make them with modified ink cartidges, so you are stuck paying Dell for overpriced replacements, and no generic either. By HP, Epson, Canon, or even Brother printers.

Epson and Brother cartidges have long lifes for refilling, I think I had one Epson cartridge last for 4 re-fills, heard similar stories with Brother.

Never bothered with refilling, since I can buy generics so cheap when I buy 2-4 sets at a time.

I have an Epson (for photos, and DVD printing) that I've paid as little s $1.49 for generic cartidges, and a Brother all-in-one, that I've been paying around $2 per cartidge.
I then turn in the empties at Staples for $2 credit, that I use to buy paper when it's on sale
So ink & paper are basically free :)

How the fuck did Comcast escape that list. I don't know a single person that likes Comcast.

Monsanto is probably the most evil corporation in the world, yet did not even make the list. Go figure.

Here's the original article that explains some of the selection criteria and why at least a couple of companies didn't make the list:
http://247wallst.com/2011/01/04/the-fifteen-most-hated-american-companies-of-2010/

Despite what some people have said here, shareholder value is a pretty important indicator. Stock prices go down when people sell, yeah? That's financial hate.

My only question is, when the hell was THIS image taken?

105846_400_bp.jpg

Using gas prices in canada if I change from litre to gallons it would be $4.63 a gallon.

Never bothered with refilling, since I can buy generics so cheap when I buy 2-4 sets at a time.

I have an Epson (for photos, and DVD printing) that I've paid as little s $1.49 for generic cartidges, and a Brother all-in-one, that I've been paying around $2 per cartidge.
I then turn in the empties at Staples for $2 credit, that I use to buy paper when it's on sale
So ink & paper are basically free :)

OH MY FRIGGIN GOD where do you buy those, tell me now, because my wife is basically making me go broke with all the ink she buys and she gets refills on the generics!

That would be Lexmark and not all models use modified cartridges. It's actually not that hard to find generics made for Dell either.

I'm partial to Samsung laser printers and Canon inkjets, but I also like Epson inkjets.

Totally click bait (here at work adds are blocked so i feel vindicated)

Oh and wasn't the McNuggets forced to not place "chicken" in the name because it contained less then 1% real chicken?

Well, now you know someone who likes Comcast or is at least indifferent pgwalsh. Those who hate comcast have likely never experienced the far far worse service providers out there like the one I am currently stuck with (Charter, oh look charter was the absolute worst on the list, and Dish network). So in comparison Comcast since i had them for three years without a single issue were honestly great. Now this was before their shitty download cap which I agree is complete garbage.

That all said, this list in general does not surprise me. That my cable company who i have ranted about for years got called out as the absolute worst company is no shocker.

I've been a customer of DISH Network for years before I started working for them and I have never had a problem at all. I myself switched from DirecTV to DISH because they had a better lineup for lower costs - and now I'll just sit back and enjoy my G4 in HD :)

OH MY FRIGGIN GOD where do you buy those, tell me now, because my wife is basically making me go broke with all the ink she buys and she gets refills on the generics!

I have a bother multifunction unit that I've had for nearly 3 years and I buy generic ink for it on Amazon for like $8, including all three colors and black.

I'm paying $12 for generic for my 2 year old brother at a local store here, I was just wondering how this guy got his for $2!?!?

Don't even get me started on CitiGroup and Toyota...

What has Toyota done to you? In my opinion they were hounded by the media whilst similar recalls affecting other manufacturers went unnoticed.

Where is microsoft on that list, I have two rrod xboxes that they won't honor their warranty with.

Since I seem to not be able edit the previous post. Here is some context:

Never heard of them.

They started off with Agent Orange and progressed to rBST and all the other shit that is poisoning us.

They have done nothing positive. Ever.

Wow - the description about Direct TV is the exact problem I had when I got rid of them. I got a new HD receiver from them Dec 2008 (NO word about renewing my contract for 24 months at this time, and I pay a monthly fee for the receiver). Come May 2009 when I move, I have to pay $400 for leaving the contract 19 months early? Wtf? I had no idea it was ever renewed to begin with.

I bit the bullet and paid, but filed a complaint with the BBB. Good to see more people have complaints on that policy.

To be honest, I'm not surprised some tech companies made the list. Nokia phones lack quality and style, BestBuy gives horrible customer service and sells nearly everything overpriced, and Dell (although their customer service is still decent) sells some of the cheapest laptop cases I've ever come across these days. And then AT&T... well, no one needs to explain why AT&T is on this list.

My god but the FUD is flying hard and fast around here... My apologies, this is going to be huge.

you are so fooled by big corporations... or else you work in their marketing dept.

before I show what makes a mcnuggets - montsanto is the fucking devil and has caused more harm to worldwide farmers than any number of blights. keep hiding your head in the sand.

now on to mcnuggets.. it's quite easy to find out what is really in them with a simple google search (stand by for a wall of text explaining the evils of mcnuggets):

This is all FUD. All of it. The person who wrote that bit from Omnivores Dilemma is writing for the ill informed.

How is it that I'm fooled? Because I read the ingredients list and know what the big words mean? Oh wait, how did I find the ingredients list? I Googled.

Now, I already covered that I don't eat this shit, and I also already brought up the two suspicious, minute, ingredients.

Dimethylsiloxane, according to Omnivores Dilemma, is "toxic," "a suspected carcinogen" and "flammable" but actually it's "inert, non-toxic and non-flammable." Which is kind of the exact opposite.

The really scary one according to Omnivores Dilemma is TBHQ. Here, let's have a chemist tell you the horror that is tertiary butylhydroquinone:

From a source that gives you science instead of FUD: http://scienceblogs.com/moleculeoftheday/2007/03/tbhq_mixed_feelings.php

A nugget containing the claimed maximum, 0.02 percent, would require you to eat 5kg to attain a TBHQ dose of 1 gram. A 20-piece order has a mass of 320g. A maximally-preserved batch of nuggets would require one to eat 312.5 nuggets (13,125 kcal/54,915 kJ) to obtain this dose. I enjoy the occasional ultra-processed nugget, but they aren't that tasty.
Now then, I can only imagine that if you eat more than 300 McNuggets a day you'll have other reasons for nausea and vomiting than the TBHQ.

(*note: His math assumes that the entire mass of the nugget is oil, and that the maximum allowed amount of 0.02% TBHQ is present, both of these assumptions are likely incorrect and the number of nuggets that must be consumed is far higher.)

Second, the post assumes you don't know chemistry: TBHQ contains a butyl moiety (a tert-butyl moiety, more accurately), but so does butter, which contains esters of the blameless butyrate (when degraded to free butyrate, it's the origin of the smell of rancid butter, esterified, as in fresh butter, it's not a problem). Butter is not lighter fluid, nor is TBHQ.

Contrast the very different butane or higher alkanes (such as the six-carbon hexane), which compose real lighter fluid, which will harm you if you ingest it (or inhale too much) and won't protect your food against spoilage.

A butyl group does not butane make. It's worth noting that preservatives might not be entirely benign (you also encounter BHT and BHA, your cereal box's cardboard is probably impregnated with one of these). However, none of these are lighter fluid by a long shot.
You might also want to read the Safety and Regulation section of the Wikipedia article on TBHQ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tert-Butylhydroquinone

Both the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have evaluated TBHQ and determined that it is safe to consume at the concentration allowed in foods...

...The EFSA considers TBHQ to be non-carcinogenic. A review of scientific literature concerning the toxicity of TBHQ determined that there is a wide margin of safety between the levels of intake by humans and the doses that produce adverse effects in animal studies.
Oh, while you're at Wikipedia spend some time looking at the articles on organosilicone siloxane, silicone and polydimethylsiloxane. The pdf on bioaccumulation of polydimethylsiloxane over at Dow Corning is an interesting read too.

Now, onto Monsanto... I've seen a couple of the documentaries. I'm aware of some of the skeletons in their closet. I also don't feel that they are all bad. I find myself conflicted, a lot of great science and some good products have come out, along with some serious tragedies.

But heck man, how much more specific do I have to be than writing "this entire post was to make a joke at Apple's expense?"

Monsanto is the genetic modifier. Like using fish genes in a tomato, to create frost resistant tomatoes (so that we can grow them in northern Canada.) or if you want to be a conspiracy theorist, lizard genes into a human to create... Rep...ublicans!

Total fabrication. This from PBS, here => http://www.pbs.org/wnet/dna/pop_genetic_gallery/index.html
Certain rumors and horror stories mention square tomatoes or tomatoes that glow in the dark, but, in particular, skeptics have focused on research conducted by DNA Plant Technology, a company that developed an experimental, genetically engineered tomato in 1991. The tomato included a modified gene from a breed of arctic flounder that, it was hoped, would allow the tomatoes to be more resistant to frost and cold storage. Activists decried these so-called "fish tomatoes," protesting their entry into our food supply. But the experiment ultimately did not prove successful, and the pursuit of a cold-resistant tomato was abandoned. No one has ever purchased a tomato or tomato-based product with fish genes.

So two things - not Monsanto and the experiment failed - no tomato product has or has ever had any fish genes.

Also, why would this be scary? What's so bad about a longer growing season? Don't you people in Canada like vegetables?

Hint. It ain't white breast meat :)

This from Wikipedia, here => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_McNuggets
Chicken McNuggets are made entirely of white meat chicken. Prior to 2003, Chicken McNuggets contained 50% white meat and 50% dark meat.

Oh and wasn't the McNuggets forced to not place "chicken" in the name because it contained less then 1% real chicken?
Um... The name is Chicken McNuggets. They ingredients list starts with chicken, which means that is the most abundant ingredient. There is more chicken than anything else.

They started off with Agent Orange and progressed to rBST and all the other shit that is poisoning us.

They have done nothing positive. Ever.

They didn't start with Agent Orange, of which they were only one of dozens of military suppliers. They started with Saccharin, which has recently been proven to not be linked to cancer in humans as it is in rats in high doses. They have done some good things. I happen to like LEDs, and find a lot of plastics really useful.

Seriously, don't you guys do any research before spouting off? You're luddites. The modern world wouldn't exist without the chemical companies. Do I defend everything they do, fuck no, but they are neither all bad nor all good. Like most things they exist in the grey area of life.

It's retarded that I need to clean up these facts for you. Especially since I haven't stepped inside a McDonalds in years, and my local grocery store doesn't carry rBST dairy. So I'm not a customer or stock holder of either company.

Regarding printers, I don't touch inkjet printers. I don't print very often, and the only inkjet I have ever owned was a crappy Lexmark that someone gave me for free. Every freaking time I needed to print the ink cartridges were dried up. I was not going to pay $20 a page. I replaced it with a Brother 2070n laser and I've never looked back. I don't need color, the only things I print are occasional offline reading material, envelopes once in a while, and receipts for online purchases. All I want is for the sporking printer to WORK when I need it. If I ever do decide I cannot live without color then it will be a color laser that it gets replaced with.

Can't hate on Toyota.
Had a used 2000 Corolla, worked great, only even moderately serious repair was a rear window drive motor in the 7 years I owned it.
Now I own a 2009 Matrix XRS. This car is fantastic. The only complaint I could even remotely lodge is that the stock stereo was a little blasé.

They didn't start with Agent Orange, of which they were only one of dozens of military suppliers. They started with Saccharin, which has recently been proven to not be linked to cancer in humans as it is in rats in high doses. They have done some good things. I happen to like LEDs, and find a lot of plastics really useful.

Seriously, don't you guys do any research before spouting off? You're luddites. The modern world wouldn't exist without the chemical companies. Do I defend everything they do, fuck no, but they are neither all bad nor all good. Like most things they exist in the grey area of life.

It's retarded that I need to clean up these facts for you. Especially since I haven't stepped inside a McDonalds in years, and my local grocery store doesn't carry rBST dairy. So I'm not a customer or stock holder of either company.

First off Mcdonalds food is bad for you, it is high in sodium, sugar and fat. Whether the chicken in the mcnuggets comes from 100 chickens per nugget is irrelevant. Also chickens cannot be given hormones... so the mcnuggets are probably one of the better options on the menu compared to the burgers. But their food is bad for you, have you never seen supersize me?

NAFLD is a real thing, so is Metabolic syndrome, comprising heart disease, diabetes, high choleterol etc etc. Guess what a meal consisting mcnuggets, fries and a soda comprises? Fat, sugar and sodium, there are no vegetables, no nutrients. There is nothing positive in this meal except the protein in the chicken, which due to the fact that it is raised in battery farms is high in omega 6 and almost no omega 3. On occasion this is no big deal, but if fast food comprises a significant portion of your diet then you are going to be a diabetic lard ass with heart disease.

Monsanto have done nothing good. The FDA may have approved aspartame but it is not good for you (The FDA will approve almost anything, they are a joke). It is an excito-toxin, like MSG. If this gets across the blood brain barrier it will kill your brain cells. It literally causes them to burn themselves out.
GM foods... I wouldn't care if there was a choice, but there isn't. There is no labelling and it is a giant science experiment with the planet due to cross pollination, you can't keep seeds from spreading naturally. If something goes wrong there is no way of stopping it. Just like when you introduce a non native animal into the ecosystem it can have al sors of unwanted results. Monsanto is taking a gamble with the planet, it isn't Monsanto's to gamble with. Added to this their GM pesticide resistant products are loaded with pesticides, because they can take it farmers load their fields with even more of this shit to kill off everything. Pesticides are very bad for you to eat, even washing everything doesn't get rid of all this, it builds up in your system.

rBST is hugely unfair to dairy cows, it causes them to increase their milk production by 10% causing them great pain and leaving them open to infection (mastisis) and what for? We don't even need greater milk production.

The sad thing is, the above is only scraping the surface of all the harm Monsanto have done. They are the epitome of evil.

That the Tomatofish was not sucessful, does not mean they did not make it.

They did make the plant, but it ended up not being commercially viable (So goes the rumor that the cold weather resistance was not anywhere near what they were expecting)

So it was scrapped before anyone had a chance to eat it.

First off Mcdonalds food is bad for you, it is high in sodium, sugar and fat. Whether the chicken in the mcnuggets comes from 100 chickens per nugget is irrelevant. Also chickens cannot be given hormones... so the mcnuggets are probably one of the better options on the menu compared to the burgers. But their food is bad for you, have you never seen supersize me?

NAFLD is a real thing, so is Metabolic syndrome, comprising heart disease, diabetes, high choleterol etc etc. Guess what a meal consisting mcnuggets, fries and a soda comprises? Fat, sugar and sodium, there are no vegetables, no nutrients. There is nothing positive in this meal except the protein in the chicken, which due to the fact that it is raised in battery farms is high in omega 6 and almost no omega 3. On occasion this is no big deal, but if fast food comprises a significant portion of your diet then you are going to be a diabetic lard ass with heart disease.

I agree with this entirely.

Oh trust me, I'm not saying the things are healthy. Not at all. Just clearing up some facts. There's no real reason to be scared of them, other than that they are calorie rich and nutrient poor.

And yes I did see SuperSize Me, but I'd stopped eating at McDonalds years before.

Monsanto have done nothing good.

I disagree with the word 'nothing.' Switch to 'little' and I might agree.

The FDA may have approved aspartame but it is not good for you (The FDA will approve almost anything, they are a joke).

Aspartame was developed by another company. It would also have been nice if you'd at least taken the two minutes it takes to read up on it on Wikipedia, where you might have read:
In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame. Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide, with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut". The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a non-nutritive sweetener.

I also find a good bit of your Anti-FDA sentiment to be bullshit. No they're not perfect. What I'd really like to see is a new food oversite organization that combines the responsibilities of the FDA and the Department of Agriculture.

It is an excito-toxin, like MSG. If this gets across the blood brain barrier it will kill your brain cells. It literally causes them to burn themselves out.

MSG another one of those misunderstood chemicals. If MSG scares you, make sure to avoid any of the foods that are high in glutamate, like broccoli, tomatoes, whey and mushrooms.

I also found this funny little thing when I was reading about steaks and cast iron pans the other night.
Ripped from: http://www.chow.com/food-news/69604...-msg-and-7-more-secrets-from-a-research-chef/

Secret 1: People who say they're allergic to MSG usually aren't.

"What do all these have in common?" Chef Wendy asks. "Broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, inosinate, guanylate, and autolyzed yeast extract? Give up? They are all sources of monosodium glutamate. So don't bother telling me you're allergic to MSG if you eat pizza." If you really are allergic to it, look for these ingredients, whether or not the label says "no added MSG."

And then there is this quote at Wikipedia: "There are health concerns about the use of monosodium glutamate in food, but few are scientifically supported."

And this one: "Monosodium glutamate is one of several forms of glutamic acid found in foods, in large part because glutamic acid, being an amino acid, is pervasive in nature."

GM foods... I wouldn't care if there was a choice, but there isn't. There is no labelling and it is a giant science experiment with the planet due to cross pollination, you can't keep seeds from spreading naturally. If something goes wrong there is no way of stopping it. Just like when you introduce a non native animal into the ecosystem it can have al sors of unwanted results. Monsanto is taking a gamble with the planet, it isn't Monsanto's to gamble with. Added to this their GM pesticide resistant products are loaded with pesticides, because they can take it farmers load their fields with even more of this shit to kill off everything. Pesticides are very bad for you to eat, even washing everything doesn't get rid of all this, it builds up in your system.

I too would like better labeling of foods. I would also like better controls and knowledge of what goes into food.

It's not like Monsanto is forcing the farmers to buy their products. They've made a powerful combination with Round-Up Resistant crops and the herbicide Round-Up. I'm still very much concerned about this, I'm not sure I buy the idea that Round-Up doesn't bioaccumulate or stay in the environment, but the farmers love it.

We've been tweaking the genome of our foods for millennia, the only difference now is that we have more control over the process. This is not some completely random experiment. These are some of the most thoroughly tested products available. Unfortunately, what you or I prefer in our food is not the direction that the food producers want. For them it's all about profitability per acre.

rBST is hugely unfair to dairy cows, it causes them to increase their milk production by 10% causing them great pain and leaving them open to infection (mastisis) and what for? We don't even need greater milk production.

No real question there. I understand that things have to die to eat, but could we try to minimize the suffering on the way to market?

The sad thing is, the above is only scraping the surface of all the harm Monsanto have done. They are the epitome of evil.

You're missing the real skeleton in their closet, Anniston Alabama and the possibly 56 Super Fund sites they're responsible for creating.

Monsanto is a successful company, they make products people buy. Dropping all of the blame on them is like blaming IBM for the Holocaust. (Fuck, is that a Godwin?)

That the Tomatofish was not sucessful, does not mean they did not make it.

They did make the plant, but it ended up not being commercially viable (So goes the rumor that the cold weather resistance was not anywhere near what they were expecting)

So it was scrapped before anyone had a chance to eat it.

Why bring it into a discussion about Monsanto when it was developed by DNA Plant Technology? Can't we blame Monsanto for what Monsanto does? There is plenty of fodder.

Or are you simply taking the approach of "I don't understand, it scares me"?

Now then, I've stated it a few times. I am not defending the actions of these companies. Just try to hate them for true and accurate reasons. Take a couple of minutes, do some research. Drop the FUD, read the science.

They should both be on the list. Monsanto is much, much larger than the Tomatofish maker however.

Breeding plants that naturally produce pesticides is very disturbing.

And to add.. They want to cure aids and cancer by using eggplant plasmids.

Yeah, thats gonna go over well. Humans that are 1% eggpant for extra disease resistance. No wonder the pope calls genetic engineering of this type a sin.

Fear, uncertainty, doubt.

Trust me I have my concerns about GMO. I really do, but I find the greatest amount of "info" we hear isn't actually based on what is really being done.

The Tomatofish, nice name, doesn't scare me. I get it, it was a worthwhile experiment. These crops go through a LOT of research before they make it into the greenhouse, where they spend years before they are commercialized, if they stand up to the specific research and safety goals.

The pesticide corn is a really neat product. I'm torn, it's great that we're spraying less broad spectrum pesticides, but we're killing some non-target species (way,way less than w/ pesticides) and selecting for resistance in pest species.

Eggplants huh? Got a link? I hadn't heard about this one yet and when I search Google for aids cancer eggplant plasmids, the first thing that pops up is your post in this thread.

Seems were in general agreement about much of this...

Monsanto didn't invent aspartame, but they did manufacture it and the did invent saccharine, which is another excito-toxin and just as bad for you.

I think you are unaware of how pervasive and damaging MSG is. It isn't just "MSG" found in Chinese food that is the problem, MSG or glutamate is added into most manufactured food. Yes it occurs naturally in some plants such as those you listed, but that is not to give the impression that it is somehow found in most vegetables. Glutamate is added at hugely increased levels to almost all manufactured food to increase the taste. If I had the time I could look and find you plenty of links as to why excitotoxins are bad for you...
But nothing is better than a personal anecdote for proof:D
I got really bad dry eye for about two years, they would be red all the time and I looked like I was permanently in the middle of a crack binge, I tried almost everything, when I finally gave up drinking diet sodas, and cutting out all artificial sweeteners and MSG, only eating food I cooked myself it went away.

If you have the time look into it, these things really are bad for ones health.

Can't seem to find edit function. I'm new so sorry...

This sentence in that link ties up my nice anecdote

"There have been many studies that document the danger of excitotoxins. One study completed in
1957 by Lucas and Newhouse, Ophthalmology residents, studied the affects of MSG on animals and
found that 100% of the nerve cells in the inner layer of the retina were completely destroyed by the
introduction of MSG."

Its all coming soon. Splicing plasmids between humans and plants is a nightmare scenario, and yet when someone suggests that a lizard and human be spliced - they sort of smirk and laugh.

The other one that I'd be wary of (not really a company persay) is the Hadron Collider.

Oh sure, it might only create black holes, black holes that will *probably* evaporate. But has anyone ever seen a black hole evaporate? What are the side effects? What would self sustaining fusion energy look like? Lighting the oceans on fire like a forest fire?

I'm waiting for Assange to leak this stuff. Where is he anyhow?

Back