THE A8N32 Build database

QKSILVR73 said:
Sorry didn't mean it that way, I wanted the Processor Frequency Multiplier. I guess I worded it wrong. Smacks self in head.

I have been reading and reading and some more reading. I guess I should have just bought the AMD 4000+ like I originally was going to do. Oh well

Is this what your talking about http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/10/amd_athlon_fx_60_dual_core_assault/page3.html

Last picture on the page just above the pages for the article. I'm not at my machine right now so I could be wrong but it looks like Advance--> Jumper Free Configuration. At the bottom I do believe you have to set FID/VID Change to "Manual" the that should free up the Processor Frequency Multiplier and Processor Voltage. Of course I have a FX-60 so the multiplier is unlocked if your proc isn't unlocked then you wouldn't have this option available to you.

I did figure it out and yes, that was what I was looking for.

I gave up on trying to OC my Opty and ordered a 4000+. Funny I can OC the 4000+ to 2.55 without any probs and play BF2, but I couldn't get the Opty 148 stable past 2.35. system wouldn't even load. :( Idle and load temps are even cooler by 6 degrees with 4000+

Maybe I just got a bad Opty. CACJE last threee digits PAW

Mr_Gl@ss said:
Here's me:

HARDWARE:
mobo: A8N32SLI
cpu: Opteron 148 (not OC'd yet)
memory: 2 X 1gb PC 4000 Mushkin (model 991483 not OC'd yet)
hard drive: 1 X 74gb WD Raptor on SATA 1 (Nvidia not SIL)
graphics card: XFX 7800 GT
sound card: using onboard
power supply: PC Power and Cooling 510 SLI
shipped bios: 1009
current bios: 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
after chipset driver update (fresh XP install) ACPI non compliant issues (Blue Screen).

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
disabled ACPI in BIOS (under power section) did fresh install of XP (re-create partition, full format of hard drive)

CHANGED/REPLACED HARDWARE:
None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running so far, little worried about disabling ACPI and possible affects. never really used power saving type features with BIOS and Windows before but hope it doesn't have other implications with system.

Just an update to this, someone suggested I turn the parrallel port on in the BIOS (I had turned it and the serial ports off) so I did and after a fresh install I'm not getting any blue screens. Also, on an overclocking note it's running at 2500 (250x10 currently) with the RAM at DDR500. 1.5 volts on the processor (don't turn the auto overvolting for the CPU on, had mine running at 1.7 regardless of what I set it at!).

HARDWARE:
a8n32
Opteron 175 (retail hsf)
eVGA 7800 GT
Areca 1220 (4x WD 320gb RE's)
Corsair XMS 2048-3200c2 (2x1024mb)
Seasonic S12 600w
Coolermaster Stacker 830

shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
-Motherboard didn't fit in snugly into Stacker
-Gentoo doesn't include Areca kernel module
-Stacker front USB cables barely reach motherboard, front firewire cables don't reach.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
-Roommate pulled rear part of motherboard tray back while motherboard got pushed in enough to screw into mounts.
-Downloaded a precompiled module for the Gentoo livecd, worked fine
-Not solved

None

CURRENT STATUS:
One WD 320gb RE drive failed, otherwise running completely stable Gentoo AMD64.

HARDWARE:
a8n32
X2 4800
2 x eVGA 7800 GTX 256
2 x WD Raptor 35 Gb
2 x Maxtor 120 Gb
2Gb Corsair TwinX 3200
PC Power and Cooling 510W SLi
Coolermaster WaveMaster

shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
- WaveMaster is barely big enough to accomodate GTXs--will have to move HDs up to top.
- Can create arrays without a problem in MediaShield, but cannot set any array as the "Boot Disk"

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
-not solved yet

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Considering downrev'ing the BIOS from 1009 to... ?

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu Opteron 170
memory2 X 1gb 3200 Patriot LLK
hard drive(s)1 X 74gb WD Raptor
graphics card ATI X1900XT
sound card Onboard
power supply: Seasonic S12-600
shipped bios 903
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
None

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:

Used to run 7800GT's in SLI, also worked great with no problems.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running. Was able to squeeze an extra 200mhz OC on my processor switcing to this board from an EVGA NF-41

HARDWARE:
a8n32
3700+
eVGA 7800 GTX 256
Maxtor 200 Gb (BOOT)
Maxtor 300 Gb (Storage)
2Gb OCZ EB Platinum
OCZ 520W Powerstream
Zalman 9500cnps

shipped bios 0903
current bios 0903

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
-problems with after xp install, and install of Nforce drives(specifically the IDE drivers), system hangs at the 'welcome to windows screen' when posting

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
FDISK'n the boot drive to completely wipe the windows created partition
this then lead to it never prompting for the need to install IDE drivers anymore...weird

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Works great and stable...soon to explore overclocking this thing..
Still worried about moving up to the newest bios..due to ACPI compliancy

I just built up my first AMD system since the good ole T-Bird days last week:

HARDWARE:
cpu: AMD 3700+ (I was in a hurry and didn't write down the codes), factory HSF
memory: 4x512 Corsair ValueSelect - 2.5,3,3,8
harddrives: an old maxtor 60gig and a newer wd80gig
gfx card: XFX 7800 GT - the one without the LED and green stuff!
sound card: none
power supply: the one that's been in my antec case since 2001, model is PP-412X 400 watts
shipped bios: I didn't note it
other: adaptec scsi card I've been using for the past 8 years, originally outta an old Mac, that hooks up to an old scsi plextor 8/20CD-R! it still works - :eek: !!

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
None, other than I didn't check the I/O shield and went to plug in my keyboard and that damn little ground thingie was in front of the plug so I had to rip the board out and fix it!!! :mad:

CHANGED/REPLACED HARDWARE: added another 2x512 of Corsair ValueSelect ram to match my old ram, - 80 bux, gotta luv it!

CURRENT STATUS:
up and running!

I had some problems learning the new BIOS, I couldn't find the damn multiplier (FID/VID) at first, so I was spinning my wheels for a while, but after that I have had the CPU up to 2.7 at 10x270 with the mem running at 225(166 setting) but it failed at prime95, so I lowered it down to 220x11 now with the ram at 1:1, it's running great - I need better MEM!!!!! :p

PS: Any suggestions on ram modules at 2x1Gig that can run up to 260 or higher at low latency??? :confused:

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu Opteron 146
memory 2x 1Gb Gskill PC4000 HZ
hard drive(s)1 X 74gb WD Raptor
graphics card EVGA 7800GT
sound card Soundblaster Audigy2
power supply: Seasonic S12-420
shipped bios 903
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1) This board was a nightmare to start -- mass memory errors in memtest, random crashes during games, etc. The problem turned out to be the Crucial Ballistic PC3200 (2x512Mb) I bought about 8 months ago. It runs fine and without errors on my old P4 board, but won't run stable on the A8N32, regardless of the timings and voltage supplied.

2) Installed Windows with an IDE drive from my old computer as secondary storage. But Windows won't boot if I disconnect that drive from my system (even after I've formatted and disabled it in Device Manager).

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:

1) Replaced Crucial Ballistic PC3200 with 2x 1Gb Gskill PC4000 HZ and board has been rock stable since.

2) Unresolved as of Jan 28; going to try reinstalling Windows.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running the Opteron 146 @ 10x250=2500MHz with memory at default timings; rock solid stability (unless I remove the old IDE drive, and then Windows won't boot). I wasn't able to overclock past 2550MHz -- at 2600MHz, I got prime95 errors, no matter what voltage and memory speed I used.

OTHER NOTES

Mainboard temps can be significantly reduced depending on where your chassis fan resides.

Zyme said:
HARDWARE:
a8n32
X2 4800
2 x eVGA 7800 GTX 256
2 x WD Raptor 35 Gb
2 x Maxtor 120 Gb
2Gb Corsair TwinX 3200
PC Power and Cooling 510W SLi
Coolermaster WaveMaster

shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
- WaveMaster is barely big enough to accomodate GTXs--will have to move HDs up to top.
- Can create arrays without a problem in MediaShield, but cannot set any array as the "Boot Disk"

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
-not solved yet

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Considering downrev'ing the BIOS from 1009 to... ?
update: problem not solved, but is apparently irrelevant. Once I plugged the two maxtors and two raptors in the 4 sata jacks, setup two stripped arrays (neither could be set as the boot drive) I was able to partition and format each in the WinXP setup. When only the raptors had been installed, it wouldn't set them up as the C: drive. With all 4, I could do it. I guess I don't understand, but now Windows is running smoothly and all arrays are working fine. Setting either as the Boot array is obviously not necessary. Go Figure.
Z

Useful thread and helped with my build.
Spec as follows:
HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu Opteron 146 CABNE @ 290 x 10 - 1.57v - 47degrees under load - Arctic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro
memory 2 X 1gb Gskill F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ
hard drive(s) 1 X 120gb Seagate Barracuda
graphics card 1 X 6800GS @ Core 510Mhz & Memory 1200Mhz
sound card Onboard AC97
power supply Tagan 530 ATX 2.0 SLI compliant
shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
BSOD during install

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Setting RAM to Limit to 200Mhz

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Totally stable even Overclocked. There are so many BIOS settings available that it is important to get to understnd them. Once you do this board is awesome

HARDWARE:
mobo -A8N32-SLI Deluxe
cpu - 4400x2
memory - 2 X 512MB corsair xms
hard drive(s) – 1 x 200GB maxtor ide
1 x 120GB maxtor ide
graphics card – 1 x XFX 7800GT
sound card - Audigy 2 zs plat.
power supply - Antec Neo Power 480
cooling system - stock for the moment

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
not really a problem, but curious really, am i able to remove the huge metal piece on the back of the mobo? i bought a coolermaster hyper6+, but i was worried i might break something trying to take it off. has anyone taken theirs off? and if so, how?

currently saving to get some sata2 drives. maybe another 7800gt sometime soon. possibly my other heatsink if i am indeed able to take off the backpiece.

CURRENT STATUS:
up and running

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
shipped bios 903
current bios 903

X2 4400+
4*512 Corsair Value Select
Inno3D 7800GT
Audigy2 ZS (temporarily, putting my HDA digital mystique in as the A2ZS sux compared to it)
2*74gig USED Raptors (Oh noes !!! more on this further down)

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
As it was USED raptors, coming from my A8V, i had to FDISK and remove all partitions on the system drive, i was prepared for this as i had read alot about it, problem is that i backed up the data to the other raptor, which now cant be read on the new system, i guessed it was enough just fdisking the system drive, but oh noes, i now have all my data on a inaccessible raptor drive :(
I did backup all the important data to dvd's though, but still, 50gig going bye bye.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
FDISK'ing, no other problems whatsoever, if it had been a brand new disk the build would have been flawless.
As for the missing data on the second drive i cant read, im gonna rebuild the old system, i got enough spare parts for a complete rig, except a harddrive to install winxp on, unless i can install xp onto a partition that already contains data, someone let me know if that is doable.

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Running stable, currently i see no reason to flash with newest bios as it's running fine.

My new board and CPU should be here tomarrow. Did they ever get the problems with the intergrated firewall resolved or should I just turn it off in the Bios?

Binbale said:
My new board and CPU should be here tomarrow. Did they ever get the problems with the intergrated firewall resolved or should I just turn it off in the Bios?

Just don't install ActiveArmor and use the Marvell ethernet port, not the nVidia one. I didn't set anything in BIOS.

I've not had any network issues, and I'm transfering large files across my network and downloading multi-gigabyte file often.

HARDWARE:
a8n32
X2 4200
BFG 7800GT
WD Raptor 150gb
Seagate 200gb sata
1gb pc 4000 geil ram
Antec Neo Power 480w
Antec 3700case

shipped bios 1009
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
- bios was a little confusing

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
-RTFM BABY!!!

None

CURRENT STATUS:
playing with 9x300 for a 2.7ghz speed with using 1.375 volts BABY!! :D

HARDWARE:
Motherboard: A8N32-SLI
CPU: AMD X2 4800+ w/ Thermalright SI-120 + Nexus 120mm fan
Case: Antec P180 w/ 3 Nexus 120mm fans (lower area, back, top)
Memory: 2x1GB Corsair 3500LLPro
Hard Drives: 160GB Seagate 7200.9 SATA, Seagate 500GB 7200.9 SATA
Graphics Card: 7800gtx
Sound Card: E-Mu 1212M
Power Supply: Seasonic S12-500
Shipped BIOS: 0903
Current BIOS: 1009
Windows XP Pro w/ SP2
Current running at: 210 FSB, stock memory settings, CPU @ 1.875v, Memory @ 2.65v (42c degrees CPU, 40c degrees MB temps while typing this)

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1. Could not install Windows to SATA drive.
2. Black screen at boot after Windows Loading Screen (no welcome, no desktop) about 2/3 of the time.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1. I had to use fdisk to partition the C: drive, not the Windows Installer CD (even though it was a new one w/ SP 2).
2. Disabled nVidia IDE drivers. It seems to boot a bit faster now too. HD Tach performance is about the same as it was with nVidia IDE drivers (6.82 chipset driver installer).

None. 7800gtx 512mb due soon.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running.

HARDWARE:
Asus A8N32-SLI
AMD FX-60
G.Skill Extreme 2GB Dual DDR
Raptor 150GB
2 X 7800GT XFX SLI
OCZ PowerStream 600W SLI
SilverStone TJ06
Not sure of the BIOS revision, will check

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
Machine wont reboot properly all the time, sometimes it will reboot, but 95% of the time I have to hold the power button in and shutdown and then start it back up and it will boot fine. For instance, I can start the computer just fine, but if I wanted to say do a restart after a installation, it wont restart, wont post, just sits there with no video signal. Fans and everything is spinning but nothings happening. I have no idea what this problem is, the computer functions perfectly once it's booted and boots incredibly fast.

Also, CPU temp is much higher than it should be... abnormally higher. My DFI expert with the same components reports 36degrees, this board reports 10 degrees celcuis higher :eek: I'm assuming this is a BIOS temp reporting issue.

I'm going to try by switching out memory tonight and checking the bios if it's updated to the most current one.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Problem not solved. Many users are experiencing this and Asus has no response. Some recommends that you oc your cpu a tad, but I'm fine where I'm at, I'm not too worried about playing with those settings yet.

I'm going to try by switching out memory tonight and checking the bios if it's updated to the most current one.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running

HARDWARE:
Asus A8N32-SLI
AMD X2 4200+
2GB OCZ EL Gold Gamer Ext. XTC (OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K)
2x WD250 (Sata3g 16mb cache, raid0 (nvraid))
2 X 7800GT EVGA
Enermax Liberty 620W
CoolerMaster 810
Shipped: 1009
Current: 1009
Windows XP SP2

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
Windows would not install with any setup, I bumped the ram too 200mhz after reading here and windows just installed fine. The errors ranged from CDFS error to usb/1394 errors. It was weird and I can't explain it...

Installed windows without ACPI = one cpu, installed with ACPI = two cpus... Weird.

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Setting memory timings too 200mhz, after that I noticed Windows only had one CPU listed. I enabled ACPI and reinstalled windows with memory timings at DDR466. The machine will not work with these dimms at DDR500 even though they are DDR500 dimms. Windows is up and running fine now.

None.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running after hammering out quirks.

HARDWARE:
mobo: A8N32-SLI Deluxe
cpu: Opteron 165 (CCBWE 0551 VPMW)
memory: 2 X 512MB Adata Vitesta DDR500
hard drive(s): 1 x 160GB Seagate ide
1 x 120GB Seagate ide
1x 80GB Seagate ide
graphics card: 1 x Club3D 7800GT
power supply: OCZ ModStream
cooling system: Scythe Ninja + 120 mm ADDA

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
No real problems during build, maybe some stability issues or incompatibility with some games, got a few random reboots and stuff... Maybe to hot MB temps? 45 C in idle without the fan ASUS provides, anyone else not using the fan and what temps? Could be dualcore-issues aswell.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up, running and KICKING ASS! (well, more than my previous system anyways)

Edit: Stability issues fixed, needed NB-fan. Bye bye Scythe Ninja! :( The clips are too big so you can't mount the NB-fan on the copper-rad. Either mod the clip or buy new cooler!

Thinking of buying either zalman 7000-series or Thermalright XP-90C, whichever works best with low rpm fans, anyone know?

heatlesssun said:
Just don't install ActiveArmor and use the Marvell ethernet port, not the nVidia one. I didn't set anything in BIOS.

I've not had any network issues, and I'm transfering large files across my network and downloading multi-gigabyte file often.

Why use the Marvell port over the nVidia one?? :confused:

Unit44 said:
Why use the Marvell port over the nVidia one?? :confused:

I've been using the Nvidia port (it was plugged in first, so I just disabled the Marvell one lol) and I haven't been experiencing any problems at all.

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu X24400+ @ 2.42
memory2 X 1gb 3200 Patriot
hard drive(s)1 X 250gb Maxtor 7200/16MB, 200GB Seagate 7200/8MB
graphics card 1 X 7800 Gtx
sound card Audigy
power Sky Hawk GM520SC 520W
shipped bios 703
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
None

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running-x64
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bgsmith101/systems/systems.htm

Well, my rig is up and running great. One problem however...whenever I try to sync my ipod connected through the firewire port on my Audigy 2ZS, I get a machine error and have to restart. Probably not a good thing. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's the only thing wrong with my build. Any ideas?

Brad1011a said:
HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu X24400+ @ 2.42
memory2 X 1gb 3200 Patriot
hard drive(s)1 X 250gb Maxtor 7200/16MB, 200GB Seagate 7200/8MB
graphics card 1 X 7800 Gtx
sound card Audigy
power Sky Hawk GM520SC 520W
shipped bios 703
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
None

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running-x64
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bgsmith101/systems/systems.htm
Wow--the manual says you can't run WinXP 64 with this board! stoopid manuals...

Where does it say that? :confused:

I'm running xp64 too, no problems at the minute....

Forthy said:
Where does it say that? :confused:

I'm running xp64 too, no problems at the minute....

WHOOPS--my mistake. What the manual actually says is:
"Due to chipset driver limitation, SLI mode is not supported under Windows
® XP 64-bit edition."

My bad! Maybe by now this has been fixed, anyway?
Z

redheadfred said:
Well, my rig is up and running great. One problem however...whenever I try to sync my ipod connected through the firewire port on my Audigy 2ZS, I get a machine error and have to restart. Probably not a good thing. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's the only thing wrong with my build. Any ideas?

From what I can remember the iPod did not work well with the Firewire-port on Audigy soundcards. Try the one onboard the motherboard or buy a controllercard. This is a known issue with iPod+audigy...

knaSen said:
From what I can remember the iPod did not work well with the Firewire-port on Audigy soundcards. Try the one onboard the motherboard or buy a controllercard. This is a known issue with iPod+audigy...
Ah, I was unaware of such issues. thanks, I'll give it a try.

HARDWARE:
MOBO: A8N32SLI
CPU: X2-3800
MEMORY: 2 X 512mb 3200 OCZ EL Platinum
HD: 2 x 300 GB Maxtor IDE, 1 x 300 Seagate SATA1, 1 x 250 GB Seagate IDE, 2 x 200 GB Seagate IDE
GFX: 1 X 7800 GT CO SE
SOUND CARD: Audigy
PSU: Seasonic S12-600W
ADDITIONAL HW: Promise 133 controller board
SHIPPED BIOS: 9xx (can't remember)
CURRENT BIOS: 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
1.ACPI non compliant issues - blue screens after 1009 bios was installed
2.Computer freezes for 5-10seconds intermittently

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
1.Resetting BIOS to factory settings
2.Not solved

Will be swapping memory for the 2gb OCZ kit
Will swap out stock HSF and case fans with a Scythe Ninja and Scythe s-flex fans

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running
System board at 40deg celcius; chip at 41deg celcius

HARDWARE:
cpu: X2 4440+ (stock spd) (Venus 12 cooler w/ Arctic silver 5 applied)
memory: OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)Dual Channel Platinum OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K
hard drive: WD Raptor WD1500ADFD, WD Caviar SE16 WD2500KS
gfx card: ATI X1900XTX
snd card: X-Fi extreme Music
PSU: Antec TruePower2.0 550w (TPII550)
case: Antec P180 (4 120mm Fans(1 in bottom, 1 in front, 1 on top, one in back), 2 80mm fans(for video card(one in the cooling duct, one rigged to blow on card)))
CD/DVD Drives: Lite On SOHC-5232K, Lite On SOHW-1653S
No overclocking or anything. Just basic setup. Cool N Quiet turned off.

PROBLEMS:
All games have extreme atifacting. Seems to possibly be heat problem? When I take the side cover off, atrifacts take longer to appear. But I have all these fans. Maybe something else?

Going to a bigger powersupply (ENERMAX Liberty 620W). See what happens from there. Comes in tomorrow.

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running. Runs XP Pro with out a glitch. Sometimes the icons will look artifacty so I don't know. Maybe I need to RMA the video card?

What do you guys think?

i had artifacts for a while but after fresh install of xp bios reset etc been fine since....

Do you have anything that you can replace parts with?

try 1 stick o ram etc

HARDWARE:
cpu: FX55 (@ 3.0 Ghz AIR! with 15x multi) (Zalman CNPS 9500w/ Arctic silver 5 applied) 34-37C idle and 42-45C load!
memory: Crucial Ballistix Tracers 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 500 (PC 4000) Dual Channel
hard drive: WD Raptor WD1500ADFD, (2x) WD Caviar SE16 WD2500KS
gfx card: XFX 7800GTX
snd card: X-Fi Platinum
PSU: Seasonic S12 600W
case: Silverstone TJ07 Black + Torin Blower.

CD/DVD Drives:

Oh yea It's overclocked! Cool N Quiet turned off.

PROBLEMS:
Nmonitor does not work.
How can I find out the temps for my video card??
I need to figure out the clugy bios settings to overclock.
X-Fi Platinum would lock up the system while playing BF2.
Have to hard reboot by power switch! Blah

Resolved:
Fixed memory divider to 200 so it's 1:1.
Changed the CPU multi to 15.
Gonna try X-Fi Fatality or another platinum card.

none

CURRENT STATUS:
Fast and Deadly!

I did a fresh install with no luck. Also, I memtested the memory with no problems. I installed the new 6.2 Cats and it ran fine for awhile, then the artifacts came. Reminds me of my brothers computer awile back(he had a Ti4600). Windows worked fine, just playing games it would do the same thing, mega artifacts. Came to find out that video card fan had quit working. Even with a new fan installed on it, it never worked again in games. Well my video card fan is working. And I have two other fans blowing on it. Maybe I got a bad card?

HARDWARE:
mobo: A8N32 Deluxe SLI
cpu: Opty 175 @ 2.6 with Scythe Ninja (nexus fan)
memory: OCZ 2g Plat EB DDR500
hard drive: WD 74g raptor, WD2500KS
gfx card: Evga 7800GTX 256mb x2 in SLI
snd card: Audigy 2zs plat
PSU: Silverstone Stryder 600w SLI
case: Lian Li PC-6070BPLUS + 120mm nexus fan mod on side
monitor: Dell 2005fpw
shipped bios: 1009
CD/DVD Drives: Plextor 716AL/SW black x2

Slight overclock, 240x11 memory 1:1

PROBLEMS:
Wasnt detecting WD2500ks drive when first intalling XP.

Plugged sata power cable to WD2500ks. :eek:

CURRENT STATUS:
Stable and fast as hell compared to p4 2g.

HARDWARE:
mobo A8N32SLI
cpu 3500+
memory 2 X 1gb 3200 Corsair
hard drive(s) 1 X 300gb western digital IDE
graphics card 1x ati 1900xtx
sound card m-audio revolution 7.1
power supplyANTEC True Control 2.0 550 Power supply
current bios 1009

PROBLEMS DURING BUILD:
ACPI non compliant issues. Would load windows ~1/20 times

SOLVED PROBLEM BY:
Disabled onboard game port

None

CURRENT STATUS:
Up and running

redheadfred said:
Ah, I was unaware of such issues. thanks, I'll give it a try.

No probs. These issues where with 1st gen iPods, dunno if apple ever fixed it though. Did it help?

clearly this board has an issue with ACPI compliancy. wish Asus would investigate and fix the root cause :|

Back