The best air cooled case evar!(or maybe just a bad sensor)

CmaN3

Limp Gawd
So according to speedfan and Mobomonitor, my aircooled 5000+BE is sitting at a comfy 45F idle. Of course, the problem is the room its in is sitting at 68F. So I'm guessing its safe to assume I've got a bad sensor on my motherboard, as every program I've tried, and even my POST screen temp is at around that. Even at load it only hits 30C. However, I do have a sensor for my case stuck in the heatsink, which reads 27C idle and about 35ish load.

My motherboard is a Biostar geforce 6100. Now based on that, can anyone give me a guess on temps? I know my sensor is borked, either that or that cheapo coolermaster HSF is fricken awesome. I'm also having trouble with my front audio hookup, it just doesnt seem to work, which wouldnt be a problem but I have no mic port on the back of my board :(.

doesnt matter what the case is or CM heasink it is, only phase change cooling is able to cool below ambient temp...

OP have you tried coretemp as it doesnt use the mobo probe?

doesnt matter what the case is, only phase change cooling is able to cool below ambient temp...

OP have you tried coretemp as it doesnt use the mobo probe?
agree.
The sensors on the motherboard are not 100% accurate. Try something like CoreTemp to see your temperature readings.

I'm well aware of the fact that my cpu is NOT at 45 degrees. There was a bit of humor implied there :p

The case is an X-Qpack btw. I'll try coretemp, i wanna overclock this sucker but I dont want to if I dont know how hot its running.

EDIT: I just opened up coretemp, and that's telling me 8C at idle, which according to my calculations is still below ambient. Anyone have any idea whats up here?

I'm having the same issue.... I'm running an Opteron 170 on a Biostar T-Force 6100-939 @2.5Ghz and temps read at 15 and 17 C for the cores(in both coretemp and HWmonitor). It seems to be perfectly stable but I'd really like to know the real temps. My case is an Antec Super Lanboy and I'm running an Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooler.

Did you upgrade you BIOS to the latest for your board? There's an issue with 65nm processor on some mother boards that the temps are read wrong.

Back