The Best Mice Thread (ongoing)

I use the trusty old mx518. I will be upgrading to one of these...

g9x
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104577
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104377

I bought a RAT 7 and its been sitting since the first week. Didn't work well in mw3 and I prefer my old mouse in bf3 among many others. Gonna stick with the upgrades of my 518 as my next mouse. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Logitech Marble Mouse,

Great Trackball, I use it in most games with no issues,

Otherwise i use my old Logitech MX 518

Logitech G9.

Been using it for 3 years now, and still working like a champ. Great for gaming + everyday use.

I use the trusty old mx518. I will be upgrading to one of these...

g9x
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104577
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104377

I bought a RAT 7 and its been sitting since the first week. Didn't work well in mw3 and I prefer my old mouse in bf3 among many others. Gonna stick with the upgrades of my 518 as my next mouse. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Out of the four I would definitely recommend the G400. I've gone through a series of mice (G500, G700, Naos 3200, Spawn) over the past 2 months and the G400 is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of sensor performance, comfort, build quality and cost. Since your coming from a 518 it would be a lateral upgrade with a minimal learning curve and shouldn't affect your in-game experience. Coming from a Deathadder, the G400 has made a tremendous impact on my accuracy and K/D ratio in BF3.

When it comes to ease of use I absolutely love my Deathadder. It's insanely comfortable if you use palm-grip.

Out of the four I would definitely recommend the G400. I've gone through a series of mice (G500, G700, Naos 3200, Spawn) over the past 2 months and the G400 is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of sensor performance, comfort, build quality and cost. Since your coming from a 518 it would be a lateral upgrade with a minimal learning curve and shouldn't affect your in-game experience. Coming from a Deathadder, the G400 has made a tremendous impact on my accuracy and K/D ratio in BF3.

Thanks for the input. Will be on the search for one!

The G400 has sensor issues past 800DPI but up until there it's a great sensor from what I've read. Plus it's fixed DPI, that has what has kept me from getting one.

I have a RAT9 coming in. I'll see if the Phillips sensor is a problem for me. If so this one is gonig back and I'm buying the M90.

I have a RAT9 coming in. I'll see if the Phillips sensor is a problem for me. If so this one is gonig back and I'm buying the M90.

That is the Philips Twin Eye PLN 2032 sensor. I have the mamba which has the same sensor and it has acceleration/z-axis issues to the point to where I dont use it anymore - unfortunately its pretty bad. If you like acceleration in your mouse, it'll be great, but there's a saying that goes around, 'gamers dont let other gamers buy mice with Philips Twin Eye sensors in them'. Generally gamers stay away from mice with that sensor.

That is the Philips Twin Eye PLN 2032 sensor. I have the mamba which has the same sensor and it has acceleration/z-axis issues to the point to where I dont use it anymore - unfortunately its pretty bad. If you like acceleration in your mouse, it'll be great, but there's a saying that goes around, 'gamers dont let other gamers buy mice with Philips Twin Eye sensors in them'. Generally gamers stay away from mice with that sensor.

Well aware. Save the G700 (which I have coming in as well) there are literally no other mice that fit all my wants without dropping into MMO mice...which I don't really want.

I liked my Logitech G9, but replaced it with a Razer Mamba that never felt quite right, although it is blazing fast. Just replaced the Mamba with a R.A.T. 7 and absolutely LOVE it!!

Fits my hand like it was made for it, though I know others who don't like the RAT cause they can't get it configured to their grip.

Think the right mouse is subjective based upon each users expectations

Let me know if you need any specs or pics. I have just about every major mouse out there. I sorta have a collection. Even as I travel the world now, I still stop by computer stores of note to see what oddities they have for me to check out. China, Japan, Germany... if it is out there, I have seen it or have it!

bought a razer orochi black from sales thread from another member...

its a gift for a friend but im thinking of getting one for myself as well... any ideas on it?

^
Let me know if you need any specs or pics. I have just about every major mouse out there. I sorta have a collection. Even as I travel the world now, I still stop by computer stores of note to see what oddities they have for me to check out. China, Japan, Germany... if it is out there, I have seen it or have it!
I'd quite like to know about the Scope Node, mainly if the wired one is any good for playing games.
I've seen video of the wireless one and it seems to have terrible response and be really inaccurate :/

Undertheradar, curious why you liked the Kone[+] better than the Kone, I was the exact opposite. I didn't think the [+] tracked as well as the Kone, it had a completely different behavior. (btw, you seem to be the only other person out there that has a rival mouse collection =D )

Ordered a Rat7, PTE was awful, I'm not sure what it is, but I could never be accurate with it, it must have some weird software characteristics or something but I always felt like the mouse was fighting me. My G9x replacement just arrived and it's great to have a mouse I don't have to think about and fight with again, it just points where I want it to.

It's also a lot lighter, idk what this obsession people have with heavy mice is, maybe because we have this mentality that heavy = well made, but it just felt clunky to me.

DeathAdder would be my favorite mouse if not for Razer build quality. Its ergonomics are ideal for me and tracking is spot on but the clicks are notorious for dying, which mine did, the wheel got too loose and was too easy to spin making me switch weapons all the time and the side buttons are a bit too mushy for my taste.

Still love my CM Storm Spawn. Best mouse for the money I've ever found... also best mouse period I've ever found. Wish it didn't have the stupid "occasionally has to be re-plugged, doesn't come back from S5 speed right" bug, but other than CM's lack of commitment for firmware fixes, it's an amazing piece of hardware.

After dozens of mice ive tried, I am yet to encounter the perfect mouse. All of them has flaws here and there. So my advice is; hold on to what you have got. Get used to it and use it untill it dies.

I've been touting the benefits of the Razer Naga for a long time, and it's well deserved. Today I picked up a Logitech G600 to replace my Naga and it's a much nicer mouse. The layout is better, buttons are better, and it feels like a much tighter/well built package than the Naga. Be it that they have the same MSRP I'd now recommend the G600 without hesitation.

Just recently got a M90 for $19.99 at Frys and I have to say I have fell in love with it. So much that it has taken the place of my MX518.

G600 for me. Switched from Naga, and I absolutely love this rodent. Much more comfortable side buttons then Razer, feels better in my hand and has much better software - speaking not of design - white looks so stormtrooperish :)

After dozens of mice ive tried, I am yet to encounter the perfect mouse. All of them has flaws here and there. So my advice is; hold on to what you have got. Get used to it and use it untill it dies.
+1

I've yet to find a better, more comfortable mouse than my nine year old Razer Diamondback Blue Plasma. Nothing else comes close to its performance. It's still going strong, but I dread the day its blue light goes dim. :(

There can be no "best mouse" for all, because mouse preference is highly subjective.

Mouse preferences vary widely depending on one's mouse grip, hand size, and whether one is right or left-handed. I find that most gaming mice recommended on these and other forums are uncomfortably small, as if they were designed for the average teenager's hand. I guess that's not surprising, since teens account for the largest number of gamers and a substantial percentage of forum posters. Certain ethnic populations, which comprise a disproportionately large number of gamers, also tend to have smaller hands. It makes sense for companies to design mice that appeal to these groups, since they are the ones spending the bulk of the money on these products.

Most people prefer small mice because you have more control over small movements than your do a large mouse. The farther out toward your fingertips the mouse is the more arc of motion your can achieve with it with just your wrist. A lot of this is sensor placement but most mice have their sensor fairly centered front-to-back. If the mouse fills up your hand fingertips to wrist, not only does it limit your surface contact which many people use for stability, but forces you into using your arm to aim.

Preference and performance are not always two in the same. I'm sure Nascar drivers would love to have thick, plush seats and a radio, but more weight is worse performance.

I love my Naos 5000. I've tried a few mice since I got it, but keep coming back

i've tried serveral razer mouses and i think they are the best for RTS due their precision and speed/high dpi, shooters i prefere microsoft intelli 3.0!

I just got a Corsair M60 and must say it feels great. Very similar to my beloved Diamondback. I'll give it a workout with some games before getting too excited, but am pleased so far.

EDIT: I'm sold on this Corsair M60 mouse. It's a very capable and worthy replacement for my long-serving Razer Diamondback. :)

Last edited:
So I bought a SteelSeries Sensei Raw off their black Friday sale for $40 and after a day with it I really like this thing. My Deathadder is my all time favorite but this thing may take the top spot. It's really close in size and shape to my beloved DA but feels more refined and precise. Not crazy about the software though but it's still pretty good. If you like smaller mice, this one is definitely worth a look.

i just got my steel series sensei mlg edition. i guess this one is best for gaming
and for browsing and other purposes, i prefer logitech, they have dual mode scroll wheels which are nice!!!

I've been using Logitech trackballs pretty much since the beginning and have never stopped.

cool-latest-new-best-gadgets-Logitech-Wireless-Trackball-M570-with-tiny-usb-receiver.jpg

I've been thoroughly impressed with my Cyborg R.A.T.9 mouse. There are several options for weight as well as finger and palm rest ergonomics. The latter two being very important to me as I have large hands, and most mice are uncomfortable to use for extended periods.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

Razer orichi, because its small portable and good for gaming on a laptop! ( as an hardcore laptop gamer )

Still a fan of my 5 year old G5.

It is comfortable, simple, ability to change weight, etc..

I do have a G500 and as was mentioned earlier, the scroll wheel doesn't feel as solid as the G5's does.

Sadly, I think the pads on the bottom will wear out before the mouse breaks. :(

Back