The Closing Circuit City Stores Liquadition deal thread

Damn, I have 2 gift cards that I received that I need to spend before the nearest CC closes. Also guys, I would wait till Black Friday. They also said that they will have the same deals online that they have in the store on that day. So, cross your fingers.

the prices will keep going down until the bitter end... maybe 50 or 60% off the stuff left at the end... this is how the Sharper Image liquidation went also... crappy 10% off stuff at first, then it kept going down when stuff wasn't flying off the shelves..

Gah all the vid cards were locked up behind a glass case... 2400 Pro, 2600XT, 3650, 9600GT, 8800GTS 320MB, and I think I saw a 6200...

Who the hell wants to buy a 2600XT thats $180 with 20% off being $144.

Bankruptcy doesn't mean they're going away. Remember: Unlike Linens N' Things, Circuit City has assets that are worth more than their debt, and that doesn't include brands, customer base, online presence, etc.

With bankruptcy, they stand a very good chance of recovering and if they do so after a court-ordered firing a whole bunch of upper management, maybe Best Buy can end up having a run for their money in 2009.

Was back there this morning. Music and movies are 20% off still, everything else is 10%.
I'm hoping that the slingbox is still there when they go to 30 or 40%.

I bet the prices change wednesday, this week or next...

Bankruptcy doesn't mean they're going away. Remember: Unlike Linens N' Things, Circuit City has assets that are worth more than their debt, and that doesn't include brands, customer base, online presence, etc.

With bankruptcy, they stand a very good chance of recovering and if they do so after a court-ordered firing a whole bunch of upper management, maybe Best Buy can end up having a run for their money in 2009.

True, but I think the reputation damage will be too severe for CC to fully recover.

Probably tomorrow. Gordon Brothers changed the amount ~1/wk back with CompUSA

Damn they should change % off every Monday not in middle of week! Another CC Fail!

well, the sell-off started on a Wednesday, so I would assume....
But who knows.

how is the "value" measured... in CC $? :p

in true value, not what CC tries and so far barely staying alive at, they prob have more debt then inventory, especially after you factor in overhead to liquidate excess stock.

I didn't hear it mentioned in here for sure, but this *IS* the same company that did the CompUSA liquidation. Their % off means jack shit, 10% off is likely still a higher price than it was the week before the liquidation company came in. They just raise the price of everything by like 20% and then put it all 10% off to try and lure idiots into it.

I have a friend who already got laid off from Circuit City and she didnt even work at a location that was going out of business thats usually fairly busy.

I didn't hear it mentioned in here for sure, but this *IS* the same company that did the CompUSA liquidation. Their % off means jack shit, 10% off is likely still a higher price than it was the week before the liquidation company came in. They just raise the price of everything by like 20% and then put it all 10% off to try and lure idiots into it.

That would be Gordon Bros. While their sales suck for consumers, it's great for the business owner (i.e., CC). Most people get duped into the "store closeout" sale thinking that the 10-20% off price they're getting is really a great deal. :eek:

That would be Gordon Bros. While their sales suck for consumers, it's great for the business owner (i.e., CC). Most people get duped into the "store closeout" sale thinking that the 10-20% off price they're getting is really a great deal. :eek:
And when I drove by yesterday afternoon, they had not changed the sale prices.

yeah drove by at my local CC and saw the same sign they had since last week, 10-20%.. they suck!

10-20% for most Computer and TVs.

30% for Mobile Audio. (Couple of head units that are worth the price)

But, my wife wanted a laptop, they had the Toshiba L305-S5891 (499.99 @ Circuitcity.com) marked up to 579.99 with a 20% off making it 463.99 (cheaper, but still not so compared to normal retail price)

freaking scammers is what that closeout company is.

Off topic... But is my 3-year CC warranty on my TV now void or is that handled bya 3rd party?

CC will still cover it, just not at the closing stores. They are not going out of business.

IF they do, your warranty is still covered, just by the insurance company that backs it. I know Best Buy's plans are backed by AIG...(rofl)

CC will still cover it, just not at the closing stores. They are not going out of business.

IF they do, your warranty is still covered, just by the insurance company that backs it. I know Best Buy's plans are backed by AIG...(rofl)

Thanks for the info! :)

they're only taking off 10% decent computer related items so not much of a bargin :(

any laptop deals yet?
No. Definitely not. Because these stores are clearing out product the MAX sale on computers is 10%, most are 5% off. However, it also means that the sales found in a CC ad do not apply. So that $200 off laptop is NOT $200 off at these stores.

I drove to CC, waste of my time, won't be going back there. The discounts are pathetic.

friend tried to order and in cart its like $1800
Glitch? Calling cc 2morrow...

i tried to order it early yesterday. its not a glitch. it was a error. so of course you arent gonna get a 50" plasma AND an xbox360 for $999....

the link doesnt even work anymore anyway.

Went by a CC in Kansas City on Saturday. they had 30% off signs up but nothing was really competetive. Stopped by a Sears on Sunday and prices on HDTVs were comparable to CC when Sears had no special sales. Did pick up a movie at 20% off though just to make the trip worthwhile.

I drove to CC, waste of my time, won't be going back there. The discounts are pathetic.

+1..The one in Freehold NJ is closing and is still trying to rape you on price....I bought a 52" Samsung Plasma last month at the one in Eatontown for $200.00 less than they wanted in Freehold 2 days ago....and Eatontown IS NOT closing.....

Back