The Closing Circuit City Stores Liquadition deal thread

Stopped by today. Technically things are up to 30% off. However, most everything else is 10-20%, and computers have not budged.
Some stuff, including many laptops, are definitely marked up. Some obviously, as all they did was sharpie over the real price and write in the new one. A $580.99 media server from HP was originally 549.99, and you could see it through the sharpie... lol

However, I did get a Wacom Intuos 6X8 for 280, a lot less than the 330-360 they go for..

That's usually how liquidations go. Mervyn's has a few stores liquidating her in Vegas. Funny thing is, their "liquidation" (done by outside sources) prices were higher han the non-closing Mervyn's across town. So you may get 30% off, but it was 30% off the highest price. Plus, all-sales-are-final.

According to a Mervyn's employee, they were even taking overstock from other stores (such as Wal-Mart). So these liquidating companies are simply utilizing the store and the ability to advertise the liquidation to make their own change. They don't offer anything of real bargain.

Waste .. of .. time. :)

It gets better. I think this photo I took speaks for itself...
DSC02658.jpg

Most of the computes and major conponents were this way....

LMAO @ above.

They deserve to close. Bye bye CC. You suck more than BB is seems.

i like the sticker in the bottom right corner, "Just what I needed"! lmao

Anyone go to the Beltsville MD store?? also how are the employees there?? I mean do they really give a dam anymore??

recent went into the new 40% off signage....but of course the computer related stuff was only 25 off at best....*sigh* bastards!

although it was funny seeing those now hiring signs everywhere

I went into CC on black friday late afternoon, TV's under 46" were 15% off, 46"+ were 30% off, movies and games were 25%. They didnt honor any black friday advertised by CC which I thought was funny, even worst They had a 32" samsung that was 100 bucks cheaper @ a non closing store than this one. I almost bought a 37" TV till i saw the ' All sales are final' ad, to which i quickly left the store. I will never buy anything of that value where I cant return it if soemthing is wrong.

the sales at the local CCs in KC have been a big joke and waste of my time. i felt insulted when i went in to the store and saw that all of the prices had been marked UP before they were marked down a bit. how dumb do they think their customers are? i was a CC fan before this liquidation fiasco, but after this, i hope they burn in hell.

the sales at the local CCs in KC have been a big joke and waste of my time. i felt insulted when i went in to the store and saw that all of the prices had been marked UP before they were marked down a bit. how dumb do they think their customers are? i was a CC fan before this liquidation fiasco, but after this, i hope they burn in hell.

About as dumb as people shopping for "deals" at CompUSA when they closed many of their stores.

closing 150+ stores and filing chapter 11, i think they are in hell already (imo). :D

Has CC said when they want these stores closed out by? I assume by early Jan.

I was in a local store in Newport News, and no one there gave a shit about anything. I asked a guy to check on GTA IV to see if they had any in stock. The douche went to the back room, didn't come back for 10 minutes, and when he came back he walked right past me like I had never talked to him. I stopped him and sarcastically asked if they had any, and he said "nope" and then kept walking away.

I was in a local store in Newport News, and no one there gave a shit about anything. I asked a guy to check on GTA IV to see if they had any in stock. The douche went to the back room, didn't come back for 10 minutes, and when he came back he walked right past me like I had never talked to him. I stopped him and sarcastically asked if they had any, and he said "nope" and then kept walking away.
He's probably going to be laid off, so he probably don't care about customer satisfaction anymore. : \

Short-Timers Disease... a deadly malady that afflicts both people that plan to quit jobs and have given notice, but also people being downsized, laid-off, or outright terminated due to store closings, bankruptcies, etc. Especially during the holidays...

No real surprises there. ;)

Yeah there is a CC here that just opened like a month ago and they're closing down as well

I go in there and yeah practically no good deals.

there liquidation sale is a joke, they jacked up all the prices and marked thema % off, they actuall want with 30% discount $140 for a 500GB HDD

30-60% finally after a month of store closing signs when it was only 10-30%. I got Mass Effect for $24 and still felt bad about that price. Floor 52" HDTVs are still expensive with some being over $1900 range.

I just got Rock Band 2 for $30 at mine here in town. The games/movies are at good prices, everything else is a pure rip off.

Well what these liquidators do is set the price at MSRP, and then slash 10% off, making it look like a sale, yet in fact, it's still more expensive than the original price.

I went in to one here in TX and they had 360/PS3 for $60 with some crappy % off... I think it was like 20% which would make it like $48. I can find even the new games for $40 elsewhere, tack on cashback if I do ebay and that's way cheaper. I'll check again in a month when they have 80% off.

Greatlakes Crossing's store in Michigan has 8 days till close according to their door...

60-80 percent off here in Mansfield. A lot of stuff is gone but there are some decent pc games. I got Sins of a Solar Empire for 16 bucks, and a couple of DVD's for 5 bucks each. There was that microsoft mouse that's like 70 buck ussually going for 25. Some good deals to be had.

And the owner of Tiger Direct is so eager to snap up these failed companies. :confused:

One of my friends is closely related to him (the owner of tiger direct)
He sounds like a stingy asshole (although the uber-rich generally are)
Gives his close family outdated/rma'ed/broken tech as gifts, and never fixes anything afterwards... ><

money makes people so terrible :(

One of my friends is closely related to him (the owner of tiger direct)
He sounds like a stingy asshole (although the uber-rich generally are)
Gives his close family outdated/rma'ed/broken tech as gifts, and never fixes anything afterwards... ><

money makes people so terrible :(

That's horrible. :( What a shame he'd do that even to his own family. :mad:

It makes me even less want to do business with Tiger Direct (and now Comp USA and Circuit City).

I don't necessarily think it's money that makes him that bad, although that could be part of it. He just might be a genuine jerk. :(

Back