The Conroe Overclock Database. (Please read 1st post for posting instructions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rare1 said:
Better make a new chart to include 6400, I should have some data for you tongiht :D

The chart is fully "made" but because the lower half is empty I have not included it in the
screenshot. In other words...I am ready!

Update number 3 for today. Over at Xtremesystems I ran inot tons of benches for eva2000
and two more for OverclockingGuru.

Your [H]ard|Forums user name :WesM63
Processor info: E6600 ES - Step 5 (B1) @ 3.645ghz (4:3 405*9), 1.5vcore.
Other PC info: Cooler Master HSF (some cheap $10 one), Asus P5W DH Deluxe, BIOS -0078. OCZ EL Platinum PC2-6400 2x1gb @ DDR2 606 5-6-6-18 timings.

spi.JPG

Ram is defective and getting RMA'd so I will post a new entry when I get home with my temp ram until the OCZ gets back from RMA.

WesM63 said:
Your [H]ard|Forums user name :WesM63
Processor info: E6600 ES - Step 5 (B1) @ 3.645ghz (4:3 405*9), 1.5vcore.
Other PC info: Cooler Master HSF (some cheap $10 one), Asus P5W DH Deluxe, BIOS -0078. OCZ EL Platinum PC2-6400 2x1gb @ DDR2 606 5-6-6-18 timings.

Ram is defective and getting RMA'd so I will post a new entry when I get home with my temp ram until the OCZ gets back from RMA.

The first OC posted in this thread ever! Woo hoo! :D :D

Was this overclock stable? Did you play any games on it for several hours or did you run
dual instances of Prime or SP2004? I don't suppose you don't know the Code and Week of
your chip do you? I doubt you memorized it before installing the CPU.

EDIT
Btw I see that you thought that you had to post your info in a certain format. That is not
the case because I am not a robot. :p I can read your entire post and the pictures and I
can gather the info. I would just like it to all be there somewhere.

heh, found your link in the e6300 thread.

It is dual prime stable, ran for 9hrs (no ss thou :( )

I don't know code and week off the top of my head, but I can get them for you tonight when i get home from work.

More SS here: http://www.needmoreboost.com/wes/c2d

Edit: Just easier for me to follow a format than trying to remeber everything ;)

WesM63 said:
It is dual prime stable, ran for 9hrs (no ss thou :( )
Well since you have been a member longer than me I will have to trust your word. :rolleyes:
Seriously I will enter it as a stable OC.

EDIT
You have been entered. I shall repost the database later tonight. Your RAM has been
entered as 608 because I round up if the decimal place is .5 or higher.

mentok1982 said:
Well since you have been a member longer than me I will have to trust your word. :rolleyes:
Seriously I will enter it as a stable OC.

EDIT
You have been entered. I shall repost the database later tonight. Your RAM has been
entered as 608 because I round up if the decimal place is .5 or higher.

Hey, if you want dual prime SS i'll get one. I wouldn't run it at 3.6ghz if it wasn't stable there ;)

WesM63 said:
Hey, if you want dual prime SS i'll get one. I wouldn't run it at 3.6ghz if it wasn't stable there ;)

Dude it is cool. Your result will be in bold whether you post a SS or not, so it is up to you.
Do what feels good. If you are happy and you know it clap your hands.

what about E6300s; they're only the best overclocking chip out of the core 2 lineup.

gepetto said:
what about E6300s; they're only the best overclocking chip out of the core 2 lineup.
I will include E6300 and E6400 data once I get some.

gepetto said:

roflmao... for some reason i have a hard time beleiving that.

This is my fourth and last update in what I will call today, even though it is now tomorrow.

Centvalny left two more overclocks in the Overclocking section and eva2000 left one.

Username: FuzziLogic
Validator link: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=108670

X6800 Stepping 6 (OEM)
Rev B2 in CPU-Z. Revision 44 in Intel CPU ID
3619 MHz at 1.4V
Week and Code?? Dunno. Chip reads L624A609 ...9th week of 06?
Cooling Method: Water
Waterblock: Swiftech Apogee
Mobo: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
BIOS: 0801
RAM: OCZ PC8000 at 987MHz at 4-5-4-15 at 2.15V

Ran 10 hours at 3630 in with two instances of Prime95 with 0 errors 0 warnings, but 1 out of 3 simultaneous runs of SuperPi to 32M places crashed so dropped back from 330 x 11 to 329 x 11.

FuzziLogic said:
Username: FuzziLogic
Validator link: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=108670

X6800 Stepping 6 (OEM)
Rev B2 in CPU-Z. Revision 44 in Intel CPU ID
3619 MHz at 1.4V
Week and Code?? Dunno. Chip reads L624A609 ...9th week of 06?
Cooling Method: Water
Waterblock: Swiftech Apogee
Mobo: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
BIOS: 0801
RAM: OCZ PC8000 at 987MHz at 4-5-4-15 at 2.15V

Ran 10 hours at 3630 in with two instances of Prime95 with 0 errors 0 warnings, but 1 out of 3 simultaneous runs of SuperPi to 32M places crashed so dropped back from 330 x 11 to 329 x 11.

Looking at the A64 Database I have learned the following:
One week can have more than one code.
One code can have only one week.
So it looks like Conroe's week and codes are like this:
L624A609= Week L624 Code A609

I could of played with it longer, but honestly its not worth it as far as performance is concerned. Not to mention temps.

Setup consists of Asus P5W DH, 2GB Corsair 6400CL3 all cooled by Koolance Exos2 with a upgraded high flow single pump and the 305W Koolance block.

Conroe X6800 L623A464

This was stable all day until the temp in my room went above 80F so I dont consider it fully stable, but if you have your pc in a basement it could work.

350FSB @ 1.5375V

This one I consider a sweet spot for my chip as it doesnt get too hot and its 100% stable all day long.

330FSB @ 1.4875V

Eventually I will run it 400FSB X 9 multi.

Looks great sir. The only thing I am missing for those two results is your BIOS version.

Hopefullu i will have mine for the board tommorrow, i am stopping now because i have a rubbish HSF and its letting me down bad with the temps.

I added some stats to the bottom. They might not be included in every update, but they will
be included in at least 75% of updates.

Username: Shimmerdark
MHz: 2800
Step
Week: L624
Code: A662
CPU Watts: 65
CPU Volts: 1.328
Cooling Method: Air
Heat Sink: ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU
Motherboard: Gigabyte 965P-DS3
Bios: F3
Ram Brand: Corsair
Ram Speed: 6400
Ram Mhz: 800
Ram Latency: 3-5-5-18

shimmer.jpg

Shimmerdark said:
Username: Shimmerdark
MHz: 2800
Step
Week: L624
Code: A662
CPU Watts: 65
CPU Volts: 1.328
Cooling Method: Air
Heat Sink: ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU
Motherboard: Gigabyte 965P-DS3
Bios: F3
Ram Brand: Corsair
Ram Speed: 6400
Ram Mhz: 800
Ram Latency: 3-5-5-18

I am amazed and astonished. That is the first completely complete post in this thread.
Even though your stepping was not listed in your list, it was in your CPU-Z screenshot. It
is too late for me to update the pic tonight, but I will tomorrow by 10 AM Eastern. The
information has been entered already.

PS You make me complete. (Get it?)
:D

i only see one instance of prime95 runnin on there ;) you need 2 to be runnin on dual core to make sure BOTH cores are fully stable :)

I only ran it for 45 min at that time but last night I ran 2 copies for 7 hours and it was perfect. I am just amazed at almost 1 ghz overclock is as stable as this on air. I got lucky picking the gbyte motherboard too it looks like. This overclock was just a nice number that I decided to run at. Not the highest overclock that was stable. I didn't try to go any higher yet. Might try tonight but I think I will run at 2.8 cause it's a nice even number :p

I got it updated right before the promised time! I slept in on purpose today and got to work at 9:48 AM.

mentok , i did mine and its the value select ram i am using and it doesnt let me go further than 2400mhz , i get final NOT ROUND in 32meg Pi. It is a stepping 6. Its a E6300 . I am happy with it though cos the E6600 comes at 2.4ghz and that costs twice the price so its not all bad.

I do think it will give much more but my ram is some value select moduules and i do not see them doing any more than 667mhz.

nooh said:
mentok , i did mine and its the value select ram i am using and it doesnt let me go further than 2400mhz , i get final NOT ROUND in 32meg Pi. It is a stepping 6. Its a E6300 . I am happy with it though cos the E6600 comes at 2.4ghz and that costs twice the price so its not all bad.

I do think it will give much more but my ram is some value select moduules and i do not see them doing any more than 667mhz.

Is this an entry you are submitting or are you just giving me an update on what is going on? If
the above is an entry you are submitting, it is missing a lot of info.

Hi i can go to 2560 into windows but get errors when i run pi. I am ok till 2400mhz with 32 meg pi after that i hit a wall for when it comes to PI. I think its the cheap ram i am using. Its a 667mhz ram running at 5 5 5 15 . The step is B2 week 0806 code 6 volts 1.3275 and mobo asus P5B ram value modules(667) , freezer 7 pro , and air cooling

nooh said:
The step is B2 week 0806 code 6

You got your stepping correct but not your week and code. There should be a code on your
CPU in the form of L6##A###. Example L623A464 = Week L623 and Code A464. Also you
did not mention what brand your RAM is (yes they are" value modules", but don't be shy),
what the rated speed of the RAM is (6400, 5400) and what BIOS you are using on your Asus board.

I have entered your 2,400MHz as stable since you said you were using Super Pi on it, if it is
not stable let me know. Remember if you have an unstable overclock that you want to post,
you can do that as well. If you can get into Windows and run CPU-Z that qualifies for an
unstable OC entry.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=109664

I think the CPU is Week 25. I wrote it down at home but forgot to bring it to work. Hardware used is in my sig. BIOS is version F4a.

I think this qualifies as a stable overclock:

aldamon3150.jpg

3200 fails in dual Prime. I'm going to try again when the weather gets cooler. It's 81F+ in my house this week!

scientificTHEgreat said:
Any other information you need to know?

Yes. You can see the info that is missing in the chart below. There is instructions on how to
find your Week and Code in the first post of this thread above the Key to the chart. Please
provide the model of your Zalman cooler and tell me if it is Air cooling or Water cooling.

aldamon said:
I think the CPU is Week 25. I wrote it down at home but forgot to bring it to work.

Like I said above, you can find instructions on how to find your Week and Code in the first
post. Once you provide me those your entry will be official and complete.

mentok1982, my overclock should be bold (for stable) at the very least in the table. My screenshot has 8 hours of dual-Prime stability, and Super Pi 1M and 32M included in it.

aldamon said:
mentok1982, my overclock should be bold (for stable) at the very least in the table. My screenshot has 8 hours of dual-Prime stability, and Super Pi 1M and 32M included in it.

Woops my bad. I am at work and I had to use IE to see your pic for some reason so I was
switching between browsers. It helps if you say it is stable, then I will look for the proof in the
pic. Sorry. I will change it now.

That is a very impressive stable overclock btw. Is there a fan mounted on your Scythe?

mentok1982 said:
You got your stepping correct but not your week and code. There should be a code on your
CPU in the form of L6##A###. Example L623A464 = Week L623 and Code A464. Also you
did not mention what brand your RAM is (yes they are" value modules", but don't be shy),
what the rated speed of the RAM is (6400, 5400) and what BIOS you are using on your Asus board.

I have entered your 2,400MHz as stable since you said you were using Super Pi on it, if it is
not stable let me know. Remember if you have an unstable overclock that you want to post,
you can do that as well. If you can get into Windows and run CPU-Z that qualifies for an
unstable OC entry.
L624 and ram i have changed to corsair value select modules which are 667mhz.

I also got my E6600 cpu but i have no mobo and i think i might go for the DFI lanparty , so i will have to wait another 3 weeks but it will be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back