The Crew Motorfest

I think M76 forgets what 2006 games looked like. That looks perfectly playable to me.
It's better to forget what 2006 looked like than what I started my post with:
I could take sub par graphics if at least it got other things right.

I'd take this 2006
ksh02.jpg

over this 2023, any day.
ksh01.jpg

Heck, I'd take the original TDU over this pile o poo.

ingame_16x9.jpg

Stuttering isn't caused by display sync, or lack thereof. Do you mean judder or tearing?

Yeah, juddering.

yeah it does seem to have some weird frame pacing problem if you drop below 60. btw, that seems odd that your 4090 would even drop below 60. are you running higher than 4k (scaling or something)? if so, try dropping the volumetric quality to medium, and turn down SSAO+ to just 'SSAO'. You won't even see a difference in gameplay but it seems those settings have exponential performance impact

I use DLDSR. Thanks for the tipps.

Game definitely doesn’t look like 2023. Maybe 2010-2012 but with better car models.
Overall, I am enjoying it since NFS Unbound was such garbage. This game at least lets me do whatever I want and playlists are nice.

Graphics overall are poop.

So after playing this for like 6-7 hours on the weekend it does some things which are very good and I would love for Horizon to copy. Of course this copies all of the rest from all sorts of games.

Few things that I really liked are:
1) Playlists that are varied
2) Cars that are loaned (makes life much simpler)
3) Nitrous - really would want this in Forza Horizon next time
4) Short(er) distances to next race (usually)
5) AI companion that is actually helpful
6) First person mode for bikes/ATV (wow, felt really fast)
7) Soundtrack

Things that are on par with Forza Horizon 5:
1) Rewind feature
2) Car handling - different types of quirks but on keyboard both games play well
3) AI difficulty levels
4) Map and navigation
5) Sense of speed
6) Damage model
7) Ability to jump into a car and drive immediately
8) Easy upgradeability

Things I really don't like are:
1) Mirrors not working
2) OMGRAFIX!
3) 60 fps in 2023 wtf?
4) Nickel and diming for everything - In FH5 I didn't have to worry about cash ever
5) Some challenges like photo ops and collecting boxes wtf?
6) Fast travel limitations
7) Tiny island - probably waiting to nickel and dime for expansions :rolleyes:
8) Some extremely cringe dialog

I think overall, I don't regret the purchase for 20% off using Ubisoft points on day 1. Surprisingly, I put aside Starfield to play this all weekend so this must be doing something better.
I think everyone can wait till Black Friday sale as this will be 33% off or more by then. I really wanted to try this now so went ahead but in hindsight I could've waited as well.
I would recommend everyone try the free 5 hours though to decide yourself. Still 2 days left to do so.

Last edited:
Yeah, go ahead cherry pick more screenshots, because you can't argue with any of my complaints. I knew you were bad faith from the get go, hence why I said what are you suggesting. But of course you will never actually address any actual complaints.
lmfao, you're.... a unique individual

Did the blondie. Now on to air and sea. Then only motorsports left but I don't got no dime for it as I spent it on the weekly events twice.
No worries, I think I am done with this game. Each playlist took me about 1-2 hours and there were about 11 + 2 weekly stuff. So it's not bad. Maybe total 15 hours gameplay and doesn't overstay its welcome.
I may indulge in collectathons but this might be one and done kind of game for me. Solid 8/10.

Gran Turismo 4 came out in 2004 ;)

I think the original TDU is still my favorite open world racing game.
I recently ran TDU2 @ 4K via TDUworld MOD & it's very fun!

View: https://youtu.be/FGyiCQM-xpo?si=Pr-bMfu_-lVRennR

Also - just bought Crew Motorfest
- it is 50% off right now @ EPIC for $34
- reusable 33% off coupon they keep giving you until JAN 10!
- Final price was $24

I will try my Logitech G27 wheel first vs XBOX gamepad.
- I'd love to hear opinions RE: wheel vs pad

Last edited:
I got Crew Motorfest on EPIC for $24 in December 2024.

I played 2.75 hours & haven't opened it since.

It's so arcade / MTV / REDBULL wannabe it's just hard for me to play it.

I hope it will be like a many games that I start, dislike, try again, shelve it for a month or two & finally try again & get in the groove.

YMMV

Last edited:
As long as it's not as bad as say Asphalt 9, I'll probably give it a shot since I liked 2.

It deserves review bomb due to lack of credits same as Forza needs to be review bombed.

Good thing with this one is that they lend you the car so you can at least complete the SP parts without difficulty unlike Forza which requires you to play even the most idiotic races to be able to afford anything.

Back