The CS Killer Is Here!

its funny how everyone goes crazy when bf2 is ahead for a day. Im checking everyonce and a while now and HL and HL2 is back up at the top..

AznAnarchy99 said:
its funny how everyone goes crazy when bf2 is ahead for a day. Im checking everyonce and a while now and HL and HL2 is back up at the top..
Are you checking the stats at GameSpy? Those are COMPLETELY wrong. I would never trust GameSpy's stats because they actually have an incentive to have BF2 be number one (and the number of people they report playing CS is always about 1/4 the actual number of people playing it).

kick@ss said:
Unless you're a complete moron, you won't get taunted. I rarely see anyone get told they suck unless they do really, really stupid crap constantly. But that happens in any game that has MP or in real life.

Guess you have yet to play Guild Wars? :p If you haven't; join the PvP server sometime and find an Unranked Member in your team and see what happens. To often have I seen "noobs" kicked for that sole reason. Its ridiculous.

Ron1jed: Hm, it seems we are a hard learner, or we (as in you) never learned to read. Or perhaps your parents never taught you that golden rule of "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" Perhaps you should step away from the keyboard, stop spouting your uninsightful thread/cs-bashing garbage and move on you child.

abudhu said:
Guess you have yet to play Guild Wars? :p If you haven't; join the PvP server sometime and find an Unranked Member in your team and see what happens. To often have I seen "noobs" kicked for that sole reason. Its ridiculous.
I don't like Guild Wars so I don't play it. WoW doesn't have that problem (and it's a much better game).

LadyMakoFox said:
Sir?? *points to her name* .
d'oh! sorry bout that ...ma'am :D

finalgt said:
I don't even like CS any more, but most of your arguments make it clear that you apparently don't even care about gameplay, only graphics and gimmicky physics. Getting an XBOX360?
haha nice one ;)

flapbreaker said:
I have played CS:S since it came out (with HL2). It is addicting but I really grew tired of sucking at it. Or at least that's what I'm told is the problem with the game. Nothing like unloading an entire clip into the opponents back only to have them turn around and cap you in the head with one shot. I'm like wtf? I guess I suck? How can I still be a NOOB after all this time? No, everyone else say's I suck, it couldn't be the game.....

So.... on to BF2. Although it is quite buggy and isn't running right on some peoples rigs yet I actually enjoy playing it. I guess because I don't suck anymore? When I shoot a shell from my cannon and it lands next to the enemy they actually die now. If I shoot someone from point blank range they die. OMG I don't suck anymore! If I wound the enemy but someone else get's the final shot I still get some credit for my work. Shit I don't suck anymore! ......

Oh yeah and I think that CS:S was making me obsessive compulsive. Spawn DIE! Wait..... Spawn DIE Wait..... But then again I sucked!

Funny, its the exact opposite to me.

When does 3 rounds with a Barrte .50cal sniper rifle not kill an opponet? Only in Battlefield 2!

When does a 30round clip unloaded into an enemy do less damage then 3 pistol shots? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game gives YOU the tk's when you're flying and someone runs into your ship? Only in Battlefield 2!

When does the m4 outsnipe every sniper rifle known to man? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game takes away 4 health for tk retaliation? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game lags every 2 seconds (and look at my computer before saying it sucks, its better than anyone elses reading this)? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game is the pistol more powerful and accurate than the support class fully automatic weapons? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game do you do better in with the knife than the guns because the bullets dont register, and when they do it takes 9 or 10 7.62 NATO rounds to kill a medic? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game has indestructible tanks? Only in Battlefield 2!

And finally, what game makes you feel like you are shooting fucking tampons, "bullets made for comfort" or something, (with the pffft pffft pffft sound effects to boot)? Only in Battlefield 2!

I like CS:S much better. One hit from an ak and youre dead. One sniper bullet in the leg, you get 85 health gone, one in the chest/head youre dead. Kevlar protects without making you invincible, and the guns have unmatched sounds and feel.

If the bullets in battlefield 2 registered, and the SOUND was there, and they made 3 hits kill instead of 999999, it would blow CS away.

But, quite simply, the way it is now, it sucks. The apache is the only reason I bought it.

lol dawg... CS:Source has some of the best FPS gameplay out there. Rock solid, cant fucc w/ that. Point blank, point simple.

Sir-Fragalot said:
BF2 is a great game. But the single player and online play blow. The server browser was put together by labotomized monkeys. BF2 also lags like a bitch on line and it has definate balance and damage calculation problems. CS:S is a rehash of a late 90's game that wasn't all that great to start with in my book.

I will give this a try.

Amazing how people think this. Its your opinion and if you have fun with that game thats great. Personally I believe CS and CS:S are the most overrated pieces of shit to ever grace the PC gaming community.

They are technically lacking in so many areas. First the graphics aren't anything amazing at all. Second the physics aren't anything to write home about. The guns are out of balance, the bunny hopping wallhacker crowds they use to have didn't do it for me either.

Plus you can't go prone, theres no zoom function for anything but the sniper rifles, it lacks wether effects, you can't open doors or use anything in the levels themselves. Not really. So the enviroments are totally uninteractive.

CS:S is somewhat prettier than the original, but come on. The pile of shit didn't even ship with *ONE* new map. Totally unacceptable in my book. The game has nothing that a modern FPS should have. The gameplay bites. What's this buying weapons crap? Nothing but annoying. After getting killed, you have to wait for the next respawn quite awhile. This blows.

I used to play the game some when it was new and didn't get much into it then. Can't really stand CS:S either. I played it a little, but found it to be the same thing I played in 99 or whenever CS came out.

Exactly, real FPS players cant play bf2 because it isn't solid enough. They need to get the game "solid" like CS:Source and then they might have something.

computerpro3 said:

When does 3 rounds with a Barrte .50cal sniper rifle not kill an opponet? Only in Battlefield 2!

When does a 30round clip unloaded into an enemy do less damage then 3 pistol shots? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game gives YOU the tk's when you're flying and someone runs into your ship? Only in Battlefield 2!

When does the m4 outsnipe every sniper rifle known to man? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game lags every 2 seconds (and look at my computer before saying it sucks, its better than anyone elses reading this)? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game is the pistol more powerful and accurate than the support class fully automatic weapons? Only in Battlefield 2!

What game do you do better in with the knife than the guns because the bullets dont register, and when they do it takes 9 or 10 7.62 NATO rounds to kill a medic? Only in Battlefield 2!

And finally, what game makes you feel like you are shooting fucking tampons, "bullets made for comfort" or something, (with the pffft pffft pffft sound effects to boot)? Only in Battlefield 2!

I like CS:S much better. One hit from an ak and youre dead. One sniper bullet in the leg, you get 85 health gone, one in the chest/head youre dead. Kevlar protects without making you invincible, and the guns have unmatched sounds and feel.

If the bullets in battlefield 2 registered, and the SOUND was there, and they made 3 hits kill instead of 999999, it would blow CS away.

But, quite simply, the way it is now, it sucks. The apache is the only reason I bought it.

kick@ss said:
I don't like Guild Wars so I don't play it. WoW doesn't have that problem (and it's a much better game).

Lol. We won't start that debate. To each his own. I prefer GW over WoW

/END of this. Haha.

computerpro3 said:

Exactly. One thing that pisses me off about BF2 is that it takes half a magazine to kill a person. In BF1942, they had it right; one shot to the chest or head from a .308 rifle would kill. In BF2, I can run around with my M16A2 and hit a person 10 times before they die. Apparently, the developers think that because of the small caliber, the M16 doesn't do much damage.

The damage is WAY off in BF2. I think they should have gotten some people off of death row and shot them with various guns to see how many rounds of a certain caliber it takes to kill.
smiley_abused.gif

NickN said:
Exactly. One thing that pisses me off about BF2 is that it takes half a magazine to kill a person. In BF1942, they had it right; one shot to the chest or head from a .308 rifle would kill. In BF2, I can run around with my M16A2 and hit a person 10 times before they die. Apparently, the developers think that because of the small caliber, the M16 doesn't do much damage.

The damage is WAY off in BF2. I think they should have gotten some people off of death row and shot them with various guns to see how many rounds of a certain caliber it takes to kill.
smiley_abused.gif

Problem is, even one stray round of 7.62 to the chest will kill you, no matter what you wear [1]. That makes for gameplay very much like instagib-matches in UT, Fun, but not what people want from a BF game. BF1942 had a very nice realistic/playable - balance in this regard, shame to hear they've lost it.

[1] FVO "wear" that != "drive".

kick@ss said:
Are you checking the stats at GameSpy? Those are COMPLETELY wrong. I would never trust GameSpy's stats because they actually have an incentive to have BF2 be number one (and the number of people they report playing CS is always about 1/4 the actual number of people playing it).

Because it only tracks players who use GameSpy Arcade.

Yeah. 50 cal is teh pwnage.

It takes 2-3 hits in the chest to kill with that exact same bullet in BF2.

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

I'm going to test if strikeforce is any good..downloading. ;)

I liked more the original battlefield than battlefield2, but it is nice with all those vehicles and stuff.

CS:S is only a engine redone of the good old CS plus some changes, but the gameplay have changed a bit and the hitbox stuff and how the weapons behave. I don't really like CS:S and almost all public servers sucks (no difference if its CS of CS:S). The good thing with CS is the clanwars (stuff like cal and cpl) and LAN events with tournaments and so on. I've been playing CS for over 3 years now, it's a shame if valve would stop supporting CS1.6. :(

sorry for offtopic.

BigDan said:
lol dawg... CS:Source has some of the best FPS gameplay out there. Rock solid, cant fucc w/ that. Point blank, point simple.

That's a matter of opinion. Point simple.

Jeez, and Canadian snipers were hitting Afganistan militants from over 2 kms away. Dont stand much of a chance against that. Its not like CS where you can call the sniper ghey and vote kick em. :D

bonkrowave said:
Jeez, and Canadian snipers were hitting Afganistan militants from over 2 kms away. Dont stand much of a chance against that. Its not like CS where you can call the sniper ghey and vote kick em. :D

The problem in CS with the sniper isn't how deadly or accurate it is it's ghey that you can run around using it at close range. Or peak between the doors and constantly and quickly straff sideways with amazing accuracy. Real sniping requires carefull attention to detail ect... However it is just a game but it is GAY .

bonkrowave said:
<sarcasm>eH? canadians have snipers? when did we upgrade from canoes and slingshots?

..LAN CS is the shizzle
rock.gif

G'ßöö said:
<sarcasm>eH? canadians have snipers? when did we upgrade from canoes and slingshots?

..LAN CS is the shizzle
rock.gif

Our snipers are some of the best in the world. A Canadian holds the record for the longest kill shot on record, over 2000 meters.

Granted our military is grossly under funded, but we have our government to thank for stupid military purchasing. Hell the Sea king helicopters require 40 hours of maintenance for every hour they are in the air. The government tried to buy new helicopters to replace the sea kings, then a new government came in and cancelled the purchase ... and we ended up spending more in cancellation costs then it would have cost to purchase the helicopters. So now we have no new helicopters and a whole bunch of money gone.

look at the moth balled British subs we just bought, couldn't even get it across the ocean without it killing someone. Not to mention we bought the subs and didn't have any sub pens to house them in, so they sat in dry dock until we could build some. These subs have been out of service for 15 years and we bought, what was it 4. For the cost of the four we could have bought 2 brand new top of the line, with cruise control, heated leather seats, and one hell of a sound system.

Hand me downs sucked when I was in grade school, I can imagine how the guys in the Military feel having to deal with hand me down military equipment.

bonkrowave said:
Our snipers are some of the best in the world. A Canadian holds the record for the longest kill shot on record, over 2000 meters.

Granted our military is grossly under funded, but we have our government to thank for stupid military purchasing. Hell the Sea king helicopters require 40 hours of maintenance for every hour they are in the air. The government tried to buy new helicopters to replace the sea kings, then a new government came in and cancelled the purchase ... and we ended up spending more in cancellation costs then it would have cost to purchase the helicopters. So now we have no new helicopters and a whole bunch of money gone.

look at the moth balled British subs we just bought, couldn't even get it across the ocean without it killing someone. Not to mention we bought the subs and didn't have any sub pens to house them in, so they sat in dry dock until we could build some. These subs have been out of service for 15 years and we bought, what was it 4. For the cost of the four we could have bought 2 brand new top of the line, with cruise control, heated leather seats, and one hell of a sound system.

Hand me downs sucked when I was in grade school, I can imagine how the guys in the Military feel having to deal with hand me down military equipment.
you're a canadian kiosk, nice info. hmmm, we do suck!
gay.gif

G'ßöö said:
you're a canadian kiosk, nice info. hmmm, we do suck!
gay.gif

Ya sorry for the after school special. I deal with both the U.S. Military and Canadian Military at work, so I am exposed to the armed forces quite a bit.

HHunt said:
LAN, as always. It's where I do most of my multiplayer. :)

Must be nice to get all your close personal friends together so often...

I only go to LAN parties maybe twice a year...

pistol222 said:
Must be nice to get all your close personal friends together so often...

I only go to LAN parties maybe twice a year...

It usually boils down to two-three of us and bots. Internet gaming is decidedly better when I want to face a full team of real players. :)

HHunt said:
It usually boils down to two-three of us and bots. Internet gaming is decidedly better when I want to face a full team of real players. :)

Bots? Ick.

;)

flapbreaker said:
The problem in CS with the sniper isn't how deadly or accurate it is it's ghey that you can run around using it at close range. Or peak between the doors and constantly and quickly straff sideways with amazing accuracy. Real sniping requires carefull attention to detail ect... However it is just a game but it is GAY .

Don't know about you, but you can't strafe while shooting an AWP in CS1.6 accurately. The second you stop however, you can shoot. AWP shooting is all down to a science. And if you don't like it now, you definitely wouldn't have liked it before...

pistol222 said:
Bots? Ick.
;)

Good bots are definitely one of the things I value in a game. :)
(UT2004, for instance, has quite good bots.)

Since everyone is ragging on CS to death figure ill jump in also.

Problem with CS vs lets like say BF2 ... CS is linear you run the same hallway one of a few ways over and over each time you play it

To follow the same path in BF2 more than a few times is near impossible since you have the freedom of the map to go left right down up instead of down this hallway to hit some choke point.

CS needs to add some more freedom to its core maps instead of just a few routes.

CS more or less has been the same thing for as people have said 8 years down to the point to where people count X seconds or know exactlly how many seconds it takes enemy to get to X point if he is running from the start to where all he has to do is have his crosshair on where his head will be coming around the corner or where to start spamming the shots to kill someone thru the wall since thats one of the two spots that team can be coming from.

Dunno how CS persists but I rather see some innovations out of them to improve the game vs people that mindlessly play the same maps for most of their life.

Then again I know it wont change overnight basically people gotta quit playing CS and thats not going to happen until the CS killer comes and mimics the CS style and steals the players away.

Both COD and BF over the years hasnt stolen the spotlight from the CS people yet.

Overall more skill comes outta the COD BF players vs the CS cause there is about 1000 more things you gotta focus on instead of your 2 hallways and 2 flag points.

It looks aight, do we really need yet other CS clone though? Interesting that they are getting it released on the 360.

Naruto said:
Since everyone is ragging on CS to death figure ill jump in also.

Problem with CS vs lets like say BF2 ... CS is linear you run the same hallway one of a few ways over and over each time you play it

To follow the same path in BF2 more than a few times is near impossible since you have the freedom of the map to go left right down up instead of down this hallway to hit some choke point.

CS needs to add some more freedom to its core maps instead of just a few routes.

CS more or less has been the same thing for as people have said 8 years down to the point to where people count X seconds or know exactlly how many seconds it takes enemy to get to X point if he is running from the start to where all he has to do is have his crosshair on where his head will be coming around the corner or where to start spamming the shots to kill someone thru the wall since thats one of the two spots that team can be coming from.

Dunno how CS persists but I rather see some innovations out of them to improve the game vs people that mindlessly play the same maps for most of their life.

Then again I know it wont change overnight basically people gotta quit playing CS and thats not going to happen until the CS killer comes and mimics the CS style and steals the players away.

Both COD and BF over the years hasnt stolen the spotlight from the CS people yet.

Overall more skill comes outta the COD BF players vs the CS cause there is about 1000 more things you gotta focus on instead of your 2 hallways and 2 flag points.
You know you just "jumped in" a year old thread? lol :p

Hahaha Strike Force...

First of all the UT crowd only has a tiny following of people who like to play them sorts of fast action packed games, UT's current following is so minute it might as well be dead. All UT mods suffer from the same thing, loads of work go into modding because the engine is so easily moddable, mods often are quite good, but they all fail within a few months.

RO was generally considered to be the most professional, well made mod for UT and it won the MSUC and went retail on steam and has practically no players.

Theres just too many mods around now a days, some of which are really great but just lack enough players downloading the mod and giving it a go, once it dies off the first time, patches and updates are rarely enough to bring it back to life.

You can never take down original cs or css. Never. Im going to go play it right now with the other 100,000+ that still play a 6 year old game.

Back