The Definitive Guide to Getting a Wii Wednesday (12/6)

Tough to find one on ebay for $350-$400. $500 is something I will not pay, gotta have standards you know.

Not being a smart ass, but if you have a link @ that price, please PM me.

Grinder66 said:
Tough to find one on ebay for $350-$400. $500 is something I will not pay, gotta have standards you know.

Just keep checking the stores, chief. Try to find out where the more remote stores are and hit them. Go to stores on your lunch hour, taking off at 11 instead of 12, and check to see what is in stock. Eventually you are going to get one. I really wouldnt suggest overpaying for it when you'll be able to get it soon.

Grinder66 said:

I dropped in a Target today and the guy behind the Electronics Counter told me "he has a friend looking to sell" when I told him "Im not paying 400$ for a console that I can just wait and get normal price for." he said 'wow how did you know that's what he wanted for it?..'

God I hate these people.

I think im just going to give up until after christmas when the hype has cooled down and more units have shipped... From what I understand they want to sell 4 million by Christmas, and only 1.1millionish have sold so far. if that's the case the stores should be ripping at the seams with consoles, so i'll just keep dropping in on lunch breaks and eventually I should hit jackpot.

A friend of mine passed by the Nintendo World Store today, they will have "some" in stock tomorrow also.

So I may just pop in there before work and see what I can finagle.

I guess I haven't really checked ebay in the last few days. When my wife bought mine they were all going for around $350, but it seems prices have went up a bit. This is the cheapest one I saw that ended recently.

Ebay

It seems kind of odd that prices have went up a bit. I guess people are starting to think about Christmas shopping now though. In any event, I wish the best of luck to all of you who are still hunting for the system.

P.S. My wife won't let me use the system until Christmas! She says my 360 and PS3 should be enough to tide me over. Bah, I guess she doesn't understand reason.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The_Law said:
I guess I haven't really checked ebay in the last few days. When my wife bought mine they were all going for around $350, but it seems prices have went up a bit. This is the cheapest one I saw that ended recently.

Ebay

It seems kind of odd that prices have went up a bit. I guess people are starting to think about Christmas shopping now though. In any event, I wish the best of luck to all of you who are still hunting for the system.

P.S. My wife won't let me use the system until Christmas! She says my 360 and PS3 should be enough to tide me over. Bah, I guess she doesn't understand reason.

dude... the PS3 and 360 should be enough... how about you send me the wii?? :p

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i just called up two wal-marts
both had assholes picking up the phone.

no lines as of now.. if i could i would go straight after work (get off at 11) and just head/start a line but i have class and a long day ahead of me wednesday so thats kind of out of the question..

i think ill be heading out there at 4:30am now..

wow people are lining up a day before still...sucks to live there. in san luis obispo,ca i got a wii an hour before circuitcity opened sunday.

Question: Has it been people's experience when getting a wii after the launch (any of the weekend/weekday launches) that the store also have nunchuks in stock? Or we talking just consoles here?

I am wondering if I should go out tonight at 12 and pester the employees to see if they'll put them out.

dantestd said:
Question: Has it been people's experience when getting a wii after the launch (any of the weekend/weekday launches) that the store also have nunchuks in stock? Or we talking just consoles here?

I am wondering if I should go out tonight at 12 and pester the employees to see if they'll put them out.

i don't know.. cuase i always leave after they hand out vouchers for systems.. lol.. :( :( :(

it's already been 3 times...

I plan on heading there tomorrow for the 8 AM purchase
So even though the electronics section is inside, they make you wait outside?

Hopefully the Walmart I'm headed to is rural enough for there to be little or no line!

stark said:
I plan on heading there tomorrow for the 8 AM purchase
So even though the electronics section is inside, they make you wait outside?

Hopefully the Walmart I'm headed to is rural enough for there to be little or no line!

all th walmarts i seee.. they let you wait inside.. on laungh night.. I waited inside with like 40 others

i'm just going to wander into my local EB games every 2-3 days and ask if they have any. I really can't justify camping out or getting up early. I've got some cash on my trade in card so I'm sticking with my EB. Having said that, the workers at this EB are easily the most knowledgeable and pleasant people I have dealt with in a long time. (the most important reason I'm sticking with them)

BaconGrease said:
i'm just going to wander into my local EB games every 2-3 days and ask if they have any. I really can't justify camping out or getting up early. I've got some cash on my trade in card so I'm sticking with my EB. Having said that, the workers at this EB are easily the most knowledgeable and pleasant people I have dealt with in a long time. (the most important reason I'm sticking with them)

I was told at an EB today that "No EBGames or GameStop in orlando are getting any more wiis until March of 07, nor has any gotten them since Black Friday."

I stared at the guy and said "Really. Not one EB or GameStop in all of Orlando has gotten a single Wii since launch?" and I said it with an OBVIOUS "You are so full of $hit you are turning brown" look on my face, and the dude maintained eye contact and said "Yup." I know for a fact (because i've been to stores that sold them to a line in front of me) that many stores in the area have sold them.

Maybe that's just a single jacka$$ in a single store, but im getting more and more BS snowball responses from people behind counters the last few days... I got a few good leads for tomorrow morning and am hoping they pan out so I don't have to deal with punks at these stores anymore.

Strahd said:
I was told at an EB today that "No EBGames or GameStop in orlando are getting any more wiis until March of 07, nor has any gotten them since Black Friday."

I was told from the gamestop in Trumbull, CT that they have sold out and wont be getting anymore till after xmas... have a hard time believing that.

ill just wait till they become widely available thought it would be fun to have on xmas with the family...

Molingrad said:
I was told from the gamestop in Trumbull, CT that they have sold out and wont be getting anymore till after xmas... have a hard time believing that.

ill just wait till they become widely available thought it would be fun to have on xmas with the family...

it's been proven.. that retailers are lying through their teeth.. best bet is just to show up every so often.. maybe you'll get lucky.. or try to track shipments

I called my two local walmarts, one had 9 and the other had three. The one with three said they arleady had a line of people waiting. Called back to the other one and they too said they already had a full line.

CCIty is getting more in soon, as is target and best buy, for a sunday the 10th release I think. I will try the Walmart website, maybe they will get some for midnight. After that I will have to see if my wfie will camp out for Ccity or Bbuy.

btw is photography or filming allowed in Walmart?
Or does it solely depend on the manager or store? Or is it completely forbidden?

I live in a tiny town and there have been people waiting since 2PM. They only have 9 Wiis.

dantestd said:

my circuit city had 28 systems last sunday, about 25 nunchucks, and 40 wiimotes.

Is the nintendo world store stocking wiis everyday? i live about 20 miles outside of NYC but if they're getting a new stock every day that would probably be my best bet i guess

A bunch of EB's here in Oceanside got at least 75 Wii's today.

LongShotHero said:
Is the nintendo world store stocking wiis everyday? i live about 20 miles outside of NYC but if they're getting a new stock every day that would probably be my best bet i guess

I read on ... wiichat.com maybe? that they were getting like 100 per day, every day. I also heard they are sold out the second they open the store, every day.

I don't live anywhere near NYC so I can't give a first hand confirmation... However, I would guess if you called and asked for the info, they'd be honest about it unlike most other retailers.

I still dont believe that wal marts are only getting "3" or "9" or whatever in their stock... They've been sitting on shipments since Black Friday in Orlando. How is it possible that they have so few??? CCs around town had upwards of 50 and the Targets had 75+.. How the HECK is walmart after almost 2 weeks time only getting 3-10???

Something stinks.

I got to my local walmart at 5am today. I was 12th in line. They got 9 physical systems but offered the next 6 people rainchecks for the next batch. I took the raincheck and was told they would call me and I would have 24 hours to pick it up before they gave it out to someone else. The guy said it should take a week to 2 weeks to get it.

Finally got one. Went to walmart at 5am. 21st in line. Some people had been there since 9pm the day before. The manager made us line up outside and would not tell us how many. At 7:50am, a manager trainee came out and said they had 30 units. A few minutes later they handed out vouchers and I got 15 of 30 so I guess not all the people in front of me wanted one. So if you see a line, dont give up, maybe everybody is not buying one.

Good luck to everyone else. I spent about 12 hours in line (total) at four different locations to finally get one. Also some people reported that they were told they had 10, some people were told between 3 and 50, so dont beleive it until you see the voucher, or at least a manager comes out and tells you.

nunyabiz said:
At 7:50am, a manager trainee came out and said they had 30 units. A few minutes later they handed out vouchers and I got 15 of 30 so I guess not all the people in front of me wanted one. So if you see a line, dont give up, maybe everybody is not buying one.
I wish the walmarts I went to were that coordinated.
First walmart totally screwed us over; I called them up yesterday and they said the standard "Yep Wii comes tomorrow at 8 and that's when they go on sale". So Wed morning a friend and I arrived at around 5 - 5:30 AM and didn't see anyone there, including the electronic dept staff... after a bunch of waiting and talking to different employees it turns out there were only around 9 or 12 but they sold the vouchers to those TUESDAY at 10:00 PM which made no sense at all. Even one of the department managers who just came in didn't know about this and was like "wtf you can't do that", but they did anyway so yea that was fun.

Next Walmart was about half hour away, yet again a total mess -- First they hint to everyone there's like 30 orders otw. At this time, about an hour or two before 8:00, they discourage lining up and rather we all just wander around the store (wtf I know). Then around 7:30 a small crowd has formed around electronics and people talking to staff. Basically what the staff told us then is they only had 3, and those were taken, and the rest weren't coming or were coming later that week... something stupid like that.

So yeah that was kind of fruitless, bought some pocky and drove back home before class... Dunno if I should bother with Walmart again. :eek:

No luck in my town...

Drummondville - Quebec - Canada :

Went to Wal-Mart, they haven't received any since launch (sucks...) and none of the guys in the electronic dept. knew when they'd receive more.

Ebgame : same story, and all the Wii that comes in are for pre-orders...

edit: Anyone has any luck in canada lately?

I am going to casually wander down to my local EB in a few minutes and pick one up. I would give myself about a 50% chance of getting another Wii today, and a 60% chance of getting another PS3 if no Wii's are available....

God it's good knowing how the system works and how to work the system!

VoodooChi|d said:
How did everyone do?

Got mine this AM. Got in line @ walmart 4:30AM were already 15 ppl in line. They started selling them at 8AM, probably 75 or so people in line at that point and only 30 Wii's.

Now the hard part is going to be waiting for Christmas day so I can give it to my daughter.:rolleyes:

Well... my old eb associates hopefully will be helping me get a wii this week... if not... I guess I will wait a little bit longer.

Back