The Division - officially announced for PC!

Let me know if they fixed the god-awful performance.

I'm not expecting much in regards to large-scale performance improvements since the closed beta, but I would love to be wrong. It definitely needs to get better for the visuals provided in the game.

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. But The Division will have eye tracking functionality at launch.
I'm assuming this is a good thing?

"For example, HUD elements like the mini-map will turn opaque and fade into the background when players aren't looking directly at them, though they won't disappear entirely. When players look towards a far edge of the screen, the camera will shift in that direction, altering the field of view to include areas that were previously just slightly off screen."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-will-include-eye-tracking-functionali/1100-6434809/

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. But The Division will have eye tracking functionality at launch.
I'm assuming this is a good thing?

"For example, HUD elements like the mini-map will turn opaque and fade into the background when players aren't looking directly at them, though they won't disappear entirely. When players look towards a far edge of the screen, the camera will shift in that direction, altering the field of view to include areas that were previously just slightly off screen."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-will-include-eye-tracking-functionali/1100-6434809/
That sounds terrible to me, it would drive me nuts to have stuff fading in and out. I cant think of a situation where this would be useful.

That sounds terrible to me, it would drive me nuts to have stuff fading in and out. I cant think of a situation where this would be useful.

I agree. I hope they give an option to have control over that.

One could say the same about VR.
I'm guessing it just adds to the immersion of the tech.

PC unlock times Friday, February 19: 9am GMT / 10am CET / 1am PST / 4am EST

so 4:00 AM for me

hmm i'm seeing 7am EST/ 4 am PST. either way i won't be playing until friday night

I remember the closed beta start time being 7:00 AM EST so you might be right but every site I checked is showing 4:00 AM EST this time around

How was server stability last go-around? Obviously this being an open beta, there's going to be a ton more players.

I thought it was pretty damn smooth. Much better than the first hour of trying to log into Black Desert Online...which I did last night...couldn't sleep....so spent 45+ minutes trying to get logged in...finally got in..played a few minutes..and crashed (oh I meant me crashing/sleeping..not the game..that I know of).

You can literally try the game out yourself this weekend. For free. Instead of relying on someone else's opinion, wouldn't your own have more weight to it?
I got the email to try it. Dont know how mush time this weekend i will have to check it out.But ill DL it.

I didn't run into any server related issues during my playtime of the game.

same here, open beta should be a good test. i only crashed once (client crash, not server) during the 16 hours i played the closed beta.

about 90 minutes to go ladies.

I haven't looked at one X1 stream all day. I haven't googled for any of the new weapons/gear or details of the new mission at all(Atleast in the last 24 hours). Trying to keep my thoughts of Deja Vu to a minimum here and my excitement level high.

I feel like the overall recoil of guns have been decreased. single shotting fools has never been so easy.

I feel like the overall recoil of guns have been decreased. single shotting fools has never been so easy.

haven't played yet but i liked the amount of recoil in the closed beta. hopefully they didn't tame it too much.

Anyone else doing the quest to rescue the electrician...and having issues? I'm not sure if it's my pc or this quest that is buggy. I'm having to restart a few times now...I'll get to a new phase...either freeze up...and can hear things but can't move...then I'll reboot after waiting a while..because I can't get windows to respond. Had no problems in closed beta - just wondering if the new area is the problem or my pc.

Welp, game "autodetects" my graphics settings at Ultra. I get 35 FPS at that settings with a top end rig with dual 980Ti classifieds. Guess I'll start dialing things down. This is really annoying as I get 70+ FPS out of the Witcher 3, with everything maxed. And this game doesn't look as good.

EDIT:

Definitely something on Ubisofts side. Just disabled SLI and I get 45 FPS on Ultra, compared to 35 FPS when I have SLI enabled.

Last edited:
Got booted suddenly the division servers not available.. now when i try resume after 100% it still wont work same message, i guess servers got overloaded ? lmao not too impressed but the game seems nice so far, nice details and art but the techincal nonsense i hate... i know beta but still

Ok, I just found a possible solution. If you are running SLI and getting horrible performance then completely turn off "Local Reflection Quality". I went from 35 FPS in SLI to 70 FPS on Ultra @ 1140p in SLI when I turned that off.

Well, I have the division downloaded and ready to play. I start up the game and then Uplay ask me for product activation. Is there something I missed, like a key for open beta?

Back