The Division - officially announced for PC!

Just for you jmaker

As for me, I will be sticking with my SMG's and chasing the CHC% cap

--

I think everyone is just waiting for 1.3 now. We've done all the debating and complaining we're going to do, we just want to get on with it and see if the game will continue to be worth our while. Personally I think the meta is going to stick with Tankticians for the most part, though we'll see many more with LMG's. I think the BLIND System Gear Set will see a lot of use, despite them holding back the compatible BLIND weapons unitl later (which is a good thing, they were becoming the obvious choice for 1.3. Now Massiave can see some numbers and balance first).

People are saying PvP is dead, and will die completely with 1.3, but I don't think so. I think it will continue to be the annoying PITA is has been since 1.2, only with more flashbangs and LMG's. I think Massive will be scurrying to satisfy the masses... again, the DZ will get another bracket.... again, and it won't slow the bleed of player base. I think 30-60 days after 1.5 is released we will get an option to disable / enable PvP and the majority will disable it. How things look at that point will largely determine if this new franchise will live or die. I hope it lives.

I've got a great RPK and a great MP7, excited to try them out after the patch. Of course they're 204 so they'll be obsolete immediately :D

I only like the LMGs when we are in 4 man squads. They suck as solo. Porter you are going to have to find a new RPK.

Do NOT throw away your good smgs. They said they can't convert old smg crit chance bonus into crit damage. Not sure how that's going to play out. Maybe new smgs with crit damage are going to be better than current ones?

I just want to try out some new weapons. Kind of a waste that I recently bought the AUG and M870 blueprints and used a ton of mats crafting those.

I'm still grinding hard in DZ1 for mats and credits. Back up to 100 gold electronics. I buy the stamina mod from dz4 and just deconstruct a bunch of those. I will do the same for the tools.

So given the steam summer sale is going on, how is the single player for The Division? I really do not give a crap about the MP.

if you like loot grinding games like borderlands you will like this game. The game is fantastic until level 30, which is a level cap. After that it becomes a bit of a mess. You have another different dark zone level system and yet another underground level system will be introduced tuesday. the issue with dark zone is that it is on a shared server populated with other players, who will probably have lots better gear than you. So teams are recommended although you can lone wolf it. This is not a twitch shooter. Everything is a bullet sponge and the winner of fights will be the person that can take the most damage while dealing enough damage to kill the others. That will not be you for a long time, so the dark zone experience can be a frustrating one as upon death most of your newly acquired loot will get stolen until you can extract it, then it becomes permanently yours. The underground will be PvE, randomized missions. People have to go into the dark zone to get the best gear as quickly as possible. Hopefully the underground will change that.

if you like loot grinding games like borderlands you will like this game. The game is fantastic until level 30, which is a level cap. After that it becomes a bit of a mess. You have another different dark zone level system and yet another underground level system will be introduced tuesday. the issue with dark zone is that it is on a shared server populated with other players, who will probably have lots better gear than you. So teams are recommended although you can lone wolf it. This is not a twitch shooter. Everything is a bullet sponge and the winner of fights will be the person that can take the most damage while dealing enough damage to kill the others. That will not be you for a long time, so the dark zone experience can be a frustrating one as upon death most of your newly acquired loot will get stolen until you can extract it, then it becomes permanently yours. The underground will be PvE, randomized missions. People have to go into the dark zone to get the best gear as quickly as possible. Hopefully the underground will change that.

Thanks.

may or may not be bullshit. some of this is already known
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1465323-I-ve-just-been-playing-with-the-Developer-amp-it-was-Amazing!-Some-things-u-need-2-know said:
*Stash size will be increased to 70 (he said to not expect to much before revealing the number but I was like that is amazing)

*You can Re-roll your weapon talents and will work in a similar process to that of gear recalibration (Sweeeeet)

*You'll be able to convert 3 gold div tech into any gold Material. (BIG NEWS)

*Gear sets will be 268 with guns at 229 meaning the highest gear score will be 255. (The maths is easy)

*The new gear sets are guaranteed to drop in darkzone bracket 230+ (both in supply crates and the dz) but only a chance of them dropping in dz brackets 201-228.

*The 204 Midas does not exist

*Level 35 enemies are confirmed in the higher dz's but the flamers wont deal more damage but have more toughness. (pheeeew)

*Gear and Weapon mods will remain at level 32 max

*Gear sets will come with a guaranteed mod slot now with Chest pieces always dropping with 2 mod slots. This rule does not apply to gloves though

*The increase in the Firearms, Stamina and Electronics stat for the new gear sets sits at around about 12% increase so this means it should increase to 759 roughly, currently it sits at 678.

*A new incursion will be dropping called Dragons Nest

*Assault rifle buffs in pvp will be looked into in the future patches

*The Tanktician build will be looked into in the future patches

You'll be able to convert 3 gold div tech into any gold Material. (BIG NEWS)

Yes!!! If they increased div tech I would have 9999 by now. This is excellent news.

Lots of good stuff coming out soon, I really can't wait.

Serious question, are they ever going to expand the Dark Zone at all? I mean Dark Zone 7 - whatever?

I love playing in it, but I've been through every single inch of it by now.

I've been playing with 3 Strikers/ 2 Sentrys / 1 Savage now for about the last week, mostly lower Dark Zone. I can now say I can hold my own against other players. What a difference some gear makes. Unless I'm outnumbered, I feel pretty confident now going against another player. I've been on the winning hand most times now. This morning me and another random player went 2 v 3 and we destroyed them. Super fun being geared up to stand a chance in PvP.

I'm at like over 6 mil regular credits now. I bought the LVOA blueprint that just came out, and am now at around 400k dz credits. I am getting ready for patch. Just trying to farm as many materials now as possible.

Ok last thought I have. If you guys have not turned on the Natural(neutral) lighting option on in your settings, please try it. I've known about it for awhile, but happened to try it out today in the Dark Zone. It looks awesome. It really does change the way it looks and feels. Very neat. Freshens it up a little.

Last edited:
1.3 Patch Notes. Lots of reading to do.

Update 1.3 / Underground – Patch Notes • /r/thedivision

Caduceus can now drop from Hard Mode Mission bosses.

Now maybe I can finally get one, lol.

Predatory weapon talent now correctly uses the player’s Health as the base of the healing amount, instead of the target’s Health.

Booo, I've been using this on an Aug and it works great. With the decreased Aug damage as well, I may have to find some new weapons.

Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.

Wow, these guys are going all out. Attention to detail.

Last edited:
welp, that is a pretty impressive change list. a lot of asked for features and also exploit fixes. should be interesting to see if the overall tone is more pve friendly

Special Report tidbits:

EDIT: Updated

• All Gear Sets will get Mod Slots by default, no more needing to reroll for them
  • New DZ Bracket - 231+
  • 5 new Gear Sets, 4 dropped in Underground, 1 in DZ
    AlphaBridge
    BLIND
    DeadEye
    FireCrest
    Reclaimer
  • Weapons Menu now shows base damage on the left, and additional damage via skills / gear on the right
  • Weapon recalibration will cost PxC & Weapon kits (which are craftable & lootable) and will be limited to 6 attempts
  • You can now use HE Div Tech to craft HE Crafting Mats
  • A new area is added to your BoO that you can fast travel too, or enter near the Rewards Vendor. Underground is reached through here. Most vendors will move here, including the HVT vendor (so you can fast travel to them)
  • Underground works on a ranking system that unlocks new areas / difficulties as you rank up
  • You get a Underground Sealed Cache each time you rank up; the higher your GS, the better their level will be
  • The new Incursion will be with the Cleaners, have several stages and multiple Bosses (4 preliminary bosses & 1 final)
  • The Cleaners will be given remote control cars with Napalm for this Incursion
  • Sticky Bomb will be given a damage cap so Tankticians cannot 1 shot players

Last edited:
EDIT: I wanted to add the cost of weapon recalibration for the 1st attempt is 1 Weapon Kit and 110 PxC. The second attempt if I recall is 2 Weapon Kits and 149 PxC.....and so forth.

Also, the cap was already at 250k for sticky bomb damage, right? They said that's not changing but with newer gear, people should have higher stats making current Tanktician builds not as effective or overpowered as they presently stand.

Here's the new AlphaBridge gear set, which is available to everyone. This one sounds really interesting.

• 2 pieces: +2 medkit capacity
  • 3 pieces: +100% health regeneration
  • 4 pieces: If both your primary and secondary weapon are of the same type (two SMGs, two Assault Rifles, etc...) both weapons get their weapon talents applied

So you're basically only using one weapon, but with 6 talents applied, provided you have those 4 unlocked (right? they're not all free?). That's pretty strong. You wouldn't really need to switch weapons, just find another one that has 3 more talents that would suit your playstyle. Granted you can't go with marksmen and smg at same time, but you can have one with 6 strong talents. Lots of interesting combinations. Just get 2 SMGs, 2 Assault Rifles, 2 LMGs, and swap them out on the fly, or if ammo runs low.

I was sorta already doing this when running as Tacticians guy. I had 2 LMGs equipped, and would swap to the other that had Skilled as the free talent to get the Signature back quicker. It worked good because of the larger magazine sizes. I wasn't the DPS damage dealer but could still do a little with pulse and smart cover. Maybe that could still work with 2 Tacticians and 4 AlphaBridge equipped. Like I said, lots of things to think about.

EDIT: I just thought of this, you can have 2 Assault Rifles, one being Caduceus with coolheaded, so get another better one and can have Coolheaded with 5 other talents on one weapon. You can keep Self-Preserved and swap out Restored for something better. Yikes!

Last edited:
one note, the gearset percentages shown in E3 have nothing to do with the actual getset percentages for tomorrow. example, the blind set showed 100% pulse critical hit damage. Release videos show it as 20%... so that is a pretty severe nerf based on former expectations.

one note, the gearset percentages shown in E3 have nothing to do with the actual getset percentages for tomorrow. example, the blind set showed 100% pulse critical hit damage. Release videos show it as 20%... so that is a pretty severe nerf based on former expectations.

Thanks for posting this. I meant to for my above post, but since it was a live Stream I couldn't go back and look at the new percentage after missing it. This aired right before I had to leave for work (officially on 2nd now), so I was scrambling a bit.

Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts:

EDIT: Updated with better overall breakdown video

Last edited:
I have a sneaky suspicion this is the "dangerous weapon" we have to stop the Cleaners from completing in Dragon's Nest.

9m8eFy.jpg

When they first made that statement, this is what I envisioned. The trailer today just kind of confirmed it without confirming it.

Looks like there's a bug - even if you own the season pass you can't enter the DLC area.

no, it has already been shown....
RC cars

No, they never even made it to the end of the Incursion, or did they, I'm not sure?. That's just the cleaners version of seeker mine.

Whatever Frrak posted might be it?

Is it true that this game have only like 5 different enemies?
I'm mostly interested in PvE part of the game. Randomized missions sound awesome, but only few enemy types?
Is it even worth getting? :/

Is it true that this game have only like 5 different enemies?
I'm mostly interested in PvE part of the game. Randomized missions sound awesome, but only few enemy types?
Is it even worth getting? :/

Five? There's more than that. Four main "teams" or factions of enemies, each with some unique and some common enemy types. I wouldn't generalize into a certain number of enemy types.

As for PvE there's quite a lot. I think it's pretty much universally agreed that the main campaign from level 1 to 30 (cap) is a bit corny but well done. After that, you have the Incursions (which are pretty difficult) which are end-game PvE missions. The main missions can be replayed on harder difficulties (some of which are selected as "daily" missions with bonuses for completion). They added "intel" missions where you have to go to random places on the map and usually take down roving groups of enemies. And finally the just-released DLC (not part of the main game) is a procedurally generated dungeon which should be good if you don't want PvP. It's $14.99 as an add-on to the main game, or included as part of the Season Pass.

And if it's worth getting is dependent on how much you enjoy the loot grind. The PvP Dark Zone used to be where you find the best loot but the new Underground DLC may mix that up a bit.

(Oops so it is $14.99 not $4.99 - thanks jiminator! I need more coffee)

Last edited:
uh, price is $14.99. For enemies there are different factions and then enemy types in each faction. the enemy types are melee chargers, shotgunners, grenadiers, cleaners, heavy cleaners, snipers, medics, machine gunners, techs, bosses and more. Plenty of variety

anyway you can get the season pass for $32 from GMG with the 20OFF coupon

Last edited:
Those of you experiencing the Map bug (open map and it acts like it closes, but instead just becomes invisible) try this: Hit Escape, go to Settings, hit Escape again and enter the Map through the Main Menu Screen. This worked around it for me so I coud fast travel again.

--

no, it has already been shown....
RC cars

Sorry, I'm talking end Boss. Those are their new toys, not the "powerful new weapon" they are developing that we have to stop.

Last edited:
so.... in the underground... the loot expectations based on E3 may have been a bit misleading
at normal (first round) you are looking at a 163 item
Hard gets a 182
Sometimes leveling up gets a sealed cache, although gold it contained a 268 firecrest item for me
There may be weapon caches - visible if you are nearby on the main map, perhaps even without the hud
Pistols appear to be far superior to previous versions, 30-40k more DPS
Gear is better because of the guaranteed slots. they follow the marcostyle guide exactly, AND the primary attributes do not have to be burned for gear slots :)

Locked doors have chests with lockpicks

Last edited:
I just logged off. Got to level 6 underground so far after an hour and a half or so (half that at least messing with gear comparisons). Phase 1 mission are very quick. Some minutes. Some, depending on the map can screw you if you can't quickly locate the objective. For example we failed a destroy the ammo cache mission for example as the timer only gave us three minutes with the named and a bunch of guys on a three level map. We had fog of war on but I don't think that was the problem, the map was just not conducive to finding the objective even with the marker.

I got a cache all 6 levels and they were all 229 weapons and 268 gear pieces. Couple AR's, pistol and two pieces of Firecrest. I got zero Weapon Kits but a buddy got four in that amount of time with me. They are bugged for me or only one person gets them at a time. All the scattered mats we got were yellow. Quite a few for the amount of time we put in. We only ran the first one normal (I don't think it can be set harder). Then ran all hards from there on. Very easy although the damage output from the snipers seems to have gone up a bit. Shotguns were no worse than regular hard dailies. Some named hit harder but completely and easily manageable if daily hards are a walk in a the park for you. Will start challenges tonight.

Fun. New stuff is good, glad they are adding twists even if it's just small adjustments.

Frrak and I tried a challenge mission on underground and it was indeed a challenge. We did not get too far. I like the random mission generator though. Very fun. I don't want to know what Heroic mode looks like.

Most of my time so far has been the Dark Zone. I hopped in there first thing this morning with a 224 GS but was put in the 231+ bracket. Not sure how that worked.

Frrak also teamed up with me in there and even Dark Zone 1 with 2 people was a little bit of a challenge. You will have to use tactics and cover again in the lower zones. However the loot as improved significantly. Every key chest has 2 204/32 mod in them now. No more garbage golds in those. And another thing I didn't know was that all those larger double purple chests you see in those contaminated areas will also give out golds, most of the time a gold sealed cache, so don't pass those over. And those medium sized boxes that previously gave blue, now give purple sealed caches. And those really small boxes, now give Blue sealed caches, which contain blue div tech and a blue weapon.

The div tech boxes were giving blue div tech, but I just saw on Reddit that this is a bug.

We did not make it above DZ2. Hell, we did not even see any other players on the server. Too bad he had to go to work, we could have farmed that all day long. I want to see how difficult DZ6 is going to be. I may try to matchmake for a group just to check it out.

There's still a lot of bugs in this release. The most obvious ones are the loading out of the Underground back into Terminal or Base.

Then there's a weird sound position bug, where it sounds like there's person behind you when in fact he's in front. Both of us had that, so I'm sure it's common to everyone.

I managed to get 3 AlphaBridge pieces so far. Just need one more to try that set out. That looks fun. I didn't realize Weapon Kits drop from enemies, so I bought all 4 of those Blueprints. Oh well. I think we're going to be back to the Phoenix Credit drought. Rerolling weapon talents is going to cost at least 110 fron the first one.

*snicker*

VcmRtOR.jpg

I was actually surprised I was able to log in this morning and play without any trouble at all. Hope the bugs get cleared up for every one else quickly.

should be cleared up by the time i get off work. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and the underground for me tonight!

Seems like everyone is getting 229 weapons and 268 gear when leveling up in the Underground. I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't get adjusted in the near future (just a hunch), so take advantage of it while you can. Hopefully I'm wrong, but my impression is this is a silent thank you to the die hard fans, and draw to returning players, but will eventually get scaled back as "not being as intended". I could be way off, but each new patch has seen something like this.

Seems like everyone is getting 229 weapons and 268 gear when leveling up in the Underground. I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't get adjusted in the near future (just a hunch), so take advantage of it while you can. Hopefully I'm wrong, but my impression is this is a silent thank you to the die hard fans, and draw to returning players, but will eventually get scaled back as "not being as intended". I could be way off, but each new patch has seen something like this.
The Underground is DLC so... pay to win?

Frrak and I tried a challenge mission on underground and it was indeed a challenge. We did not get too far.

Frrak also teamed up with me in there and even Dark Zone 1 with 2 people was a little bit of a challenge. You will have to use tactics and cover again in the lower zones.

We did not make it above DZ2. Hell, we did not even see any other players on the server. Too bad he had to go to work, we could have farmed that all day long. I want to see how difficult DZ6 is going to be.

The Underground was good fun, enjoyed it. Looking forward to more. I think the cap of rank 40 is good though, even procedurally generated missions will get old after a while.

The DZ was noticeably different. Outside of harder enemies, they seemed more aggressive overall, and aggro'd from further away when a fight started (not when being slipped past on the opposite side of the street). Every fight seemed to take longer because it would start with the mob you initiated the fight with, and end after 2-3 more mobs joined in. This didn't seem to affect Extractions or Checkpoints / Safe Houses, but definitely when attacking Bosses. It never felt like you could stay put in one relatively safe spot. We kept having to relocate because of getting pinched between mobs. We had this before, but now it seems to have been amplified.

Back