the egg has Asrock Z77 Pro4 board for $98 (or $88.20 after v.me) w/free ship

KarateBob

Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157296

Looks like a pretty good deal, but there aren't many reviews out there....
seems to have everything id need except possibly SLI (but probably not)

thx trustudio, lucid virtu mvp, 1x gigabit,
two 16x pcie slots (2nd is 4x electrical)
three 32-bit PCI slots
4+2 phase power
2x USB3.0 ports onboard + 2x via header
4x SATA6Gbps, 4x SATA 3Gbps
HDMI, DVI, VGA (no displayport lol?)

$97.99 minus 10% v.me = $88.19?
V.me coupon: VMEPROMOMAR13

Don't bother with ASRock., Go gigabyte or another company. I've had NOTHING but issues with their support.

Not a bad board, but for a few bucks more you can have a better board.

BUT...ASrock as greatly improved their quality control in the last few years, and is once again their own company... so they have had a much better rep lately.

If it does what you'd like, I wouldnt hesitate to pick it up.

Great deal on the ASRock. I have 4 motherboards and they are running great. One I had to rma last year, and they sent a board back within the week. They even set up free Saturday delivery.

Not a bad board, but for a few bucks more you can have a better board.

BUT...ASrock as greatly improved their quality control in the last few years, and is once again their own company... so they have had a much better rep lately.

If it does what you'd like, I wouldnt hesitate to pick it up.

I've found a few bios bugs on one of their 890FX chipsets they refuse to fix. They told me to install windows to fix it :rolleyes:

I've found a few bios bugs on one of their 890FX chipsets they refuse to fix. They told me to install windows to fix it :rolleyes:

You may have had a bad experience and that sucks. But the same can be said for any other company out there.

The Z77Pro4 and the Pro6 got excellent reviews, and even some top picks by editors. They are not the same company they used to be.

But I don't use them, nor do I really care.

people that have been done wrong by a company are always the loudest to speak against that company, also more likely to tell friends about bad experiences.

that being said, i have an ASRock board i picked up second hand and would (and do) recommend it to anyone i can.

If i were in the market for a new board/proc, i would probably pick this up (however, i would try to buy from somewhere else)

I wouldn't pick up this board if your looking for high overclocks, the VRMs will overheat on this board when you go in the 1.3v cpu range.

Its a cheap stable board none the less.

i have had a few asrock boards, one of which is a B75M-itx for an htpc, and i have never had a problem with any of them.

I wouldn't pick up this board if your looking for high overclocks, the VRMs will overheat on this board when you go in the 1.3v cpu range.

thx sam, i dont think id give an ivy over 1.29 anyway

You may have had a bad experience and that sucks. But the same can be said for any other company out there.

The Z77Pro4 and the Pro6 got excellent reviews, and even some top picks by editors. They are not the same company they used to be.

But I don't use them, nor do I really care.
+1.

If we didnt buy any brand people have had issues with, there would be nothing to buy.

I also have 4 asrock MB's and they run great.(3 different models)

Have two of these boards because I am a cheapo, but they do preform good for me.
On my i7 3770 the post it like 2-3 seconds (with ssd) and it has been running good for about 6 months. My new build has the same board and I have the i7 3770k running at 4.5ghz currently with no problems. Pretty solid for me. (this board is not to good for cross fire one high graphics card is the best in this MB's case)
Just my two cents, if you do get a doa don't hunt me down :rolleyes:

On my 3 Intel ASRock motherboards, 2 Z68 boards and a Z77 board, I have 2 2500k running at a comfortable 4.2 and the Z77 is running a 3770k at a comfortable 4.2. I'm totally satisfied with my ASRock boards.

I'll call Bullshit on this any day of the week..Do you actually own one? I do, and have built 4 other highly overclocked 3570/3770K setups using the same board ($89 @ MC since last year) and have not any throttling issues. ZERO. NONE. NADA...

And before you ask, yes I have fed them over 1.3V, and all have been stable on 24hr+ Prime95 w/ AVX and IBT extreme tests without any problems...

I'll call Bullshit on this any day of the week..Do you actually own one? I do, and have built 4 other highly overclocked 3570/3770K setups using the same board ($89 @ MC since last year) and have not any throttling issues. ZERO. NONE. NADA...

And before you ask, yes I have fed them over 1.3V, and all have been stable on 24hr+ Prime95 w/ AVX and IBT extreme tests without any problems...
what clocks and volts were you getting with the Ks?

I have one in my game computer and htpc both watercooled. In cpuz when I run say 4.4-4.5 at 1.3v it will run for about one linx run and then my TDP will spike and then the freq will drop till the VRMS cool off and then it will go back and forth like this.

Good deal on this board, I picked it up when it was $99 with 8GB of memory free and have not had any problems after an initial bios upgrade.

I have one in my game computer and htpc both watercooled. In cpuz when I run say 4.4-4.5 at 1.3v it will run for about one linx run and then my TDP will spike and then the freq will drop till the VRMS cool off and then it will go back and forth like this.

If you need 1.3V to run an Ivy cpu @ 4.4-4.5Ghz, I def think something is going on man..My current 3770K runs 4.8Ghz @ 1.272V under load...2 of the builds I did with 3570Ks were able to do 4.5Ghz @ 1.15V, and the other 3770K would do 4.5 @ 1.2 all under a 24hr Prime95 torture test..

Keep in mind these weren't max o/c's as I mentioned, but I did test each cpu up to 1.35-1.4V to see what their max clocks were, and all completed their tests as expected without any throttling issues..If you had just one board doing this, I would chalk it up to a bad board, but you say have two that do this, so I'm :confused::confused:

I own this board, I guess for this price maybe hard to beat, but a bunch of my USB ports have died on me within a month and while I haven't pushed CPU OC much I am getting BSODs (could be beacuse of SSD though, haven't yet determined the issue). For me, I wish I had gone with MSi instead.

If you need 1.3V to run an Ivy cpu @ 4.4-4.5Ghz, I def think something is going on man..My current 3770K runs 4.8Ghz @ 1.272V under load...2 of the builds I did with 3570Ks were able to do 4.5Ghz @ 1.15V, and the other 3770K would do 4.5 @ 1.2 all under a 24hr Prime95 torture test..

Keep in mind these weren't max o/c's as I mentioned, but I did test each cpu up to 1.35-1.4V to see what their max clocks were, and all completed their tests as expected without any throttling issues..If you had just one board doing this, I would chalk it up to a bad board, but you say have two that do this, so I'm :confused::confused:

Hey in your sig it says you have the z77 extreme pro4, you might have this mixed up with the board karatebob posted. This is the regular pro4...

I have two of these boards because microcenter practically gave them away when you bought a 3570k but now they offer the extreme pro4 instead.

I have this board. It's okay. Initially I was unable to get it to boot with more than one stick of RAM, but after loosening the timings I was able to get it running steady.

Hey in your sig it says you have the z77 extreme pro4, you might have this mixed up with the board karatebob posted. This is the regular pro4...

I have two of these boards because microcenter practically gave them away when you bought a 3570k but now they offer the extreme pro4 instead.

Very, Very, good point..I do indeed have the Extreme 4, which has been rock solid..Damn you ASRock for making 1000 boards with the same name!:mad::mad::mad:

Nettwerk, I apologize for calling you out when I am the one that needs to learn how to read..

Damn it I wish they still had that deal. I was just now looking at getting an i5 3750 (or 2500K if they had a good deal on it) and the Pro4-m board.

EDIT: just realized the original post was for the regular, non-"m" board

Very, Very, good point..I do indeed have the Extreme 4, which has been rock solid..Damn you ASRock for making 1000 boards with the same name!:mad::mad::mad:

Nettwerk, I apologize for calling you out when I am the one that needs to learn how to read..

NP man, yea the extreme 4 has the digital VRM's and the pro4 has analog :(

But its been a good board and cheap.

NP man, yea the extreme 4 has the digital VRM's and the pro4 has analog :(

But its been a good board and cheap.

I have an Extreme4 and I'm pretty sure the VRMs are analog not digital. It's the Extreme6 that gets the upgraded VRMs. At first I was kinda bummed about it but I'm running my 3570K at 4.5 with 1.27v so I can't really complain. It's a fine board most of the features on boards these days are pretty unnecessary even for people on these forums.

I have an Extreme4 and I'm pretty sure the VRMs are analog not digital. It's the Extreme6 that gets the upgraded VRMs. At first I was kinda bummed about it but I'm running my 3570K at 4.5 with 1.27v so I can't really complain. It's a fine board most of the features on boards these days are pretty unnecessary even for people on these forums.

The Extreme4 is the cheapest socket 1155 board that ASRock offers with digital VRMs..

Back