The Elder Scrolls Online

I had to install from scratch and let it download overnight, was only getting about 500kb/s so it took forever. Size on disk is 27GB, but I think the actual download was quite a bit less data.

I downloaded the 29 GB client last night @ 5.36 MB/s, so it has the back end to support faster downloads and you can pre-load it.

The first beta stress tests were like four hours only or some crazy short amount. A whole weekend with the game will be nice, and I'm going off call, and its a payday weekend, so it should be fun...
Were people from the first round brought back for the second round?

I downloaded the 29 GB client last night @ 5.36 MB/s, so it has the back end to support faster downloads and you can pre-load it.

Maybe it's location dependent, I get 2.7 MB/s (that's the max my connection supports) from Steam but this was just crawling. Maybe their servers got hammered while I was downloading.

Looking forward to trying this out, considering to take some time off on Friday to make the most use of the short window.

So is there no pre-loading for the beta invite for this weekend? I just had to make an account as well so dunno if that affected it or not.

So is there no pre-loading for the beta invite for this weekend? I just had to make an account as well so dunno if that affected it or not.

Once you log into your account and redeem your code you will get a download option to preload.

Once you log into your account and redeem your code you will get a download option to preload.

Will I get that code on Friday? I have the email that says I'm invited but I don't see a code anywhere

EDIT: Nevermind, found the old email for my first invitation, that one had a key.

Will I get that code on Friday? I have the email that says I'm invited but I don't see a code anywhere

Then you either received the code via an earlier invite (like the last stress test) or you need to display images on your e-mail.

Anyone have an issue with the forum login? They sent a login, but it said I need to reset my password, so I tried to do that but the reset email never comes.

The main (non-forum) account works fine, but doesn't log me into the forums.

Anyone have an issue with the forum login? They sent a login, but it said I need to reset my password, so I tried to do that but the reset email never comes.

Mine came in after a few seconds, I'd check spam and what not. Maybe promotional tab, if using GMail?

During the stress test (only part of beta I've previously been invited to) I could never get the forum login to work. I figured it was because they didn't want the unwashed stress test masses dirtying up their forum.

Mine came in after a few seconds, I'd check spam and what not. Maybe promotional tab, if using GMail?

Hmm ok, but I checked spam already and I disabled those tabs. I'll try again.

During the stress test (only part of beta I've previously been invited to) I could never get the forum login to work. I figured it was because they didn't want the unwashed stress test masses dirtying up their forum.

That sort of makes sense, but then why send a unique, dedicated "forum login" that doesn't work? Also, I thought they'd want some feedback there and it would help minimize people posting on outside sites.

That sort of makes sense, but then why send a unique, dedicated "forum login" that doesn't work?

Maybe it worked during the actual stress test but not any other time, can't remember if I tried it during the test.

Also, I thought they'd want some feedback there and it would help minimize people posting on outside sites.

They'd get plenty of feedback from the non stress test only beta testers, I'd imagine, they wouldn't need the hordes of other people for anything other than load.

Maybe it worked during the actual stress test but not any other time, can't remember if I tried it during the test.

They'd get plenty of feedback from the non stress test only beta testers, I'd imagine, they wouldn't need the hordes of other people for anything other than load.

Your forum login should be working as a weekend tester from around when you get an email through a day or two after the test, generally. If not contact customer support, they are very responsive. :)

Last edited:
Your forum login should be working as a weekend tester from around when you get an email through a day or two after the test, generally. If not contact customer support, they are very responsive. :)

I hope so, I logged into the forums last night, go and try to log in today to both of my accounts and nada... I think the system is fubared, it let me make a new account under the same email, but spit out the "invalid key" deal.

I hope so, I logged into the forums last night, go and try to log in today to both of my accounts and nada... I think the system is fubared, it let me make a new account under the same email, but spit out the "invalid key" deal.

I would contact their customer support.

I have had no issues with either the forums or the client. I can even get as far as the server page with no issue with login.

During the install you'll need roughly 25% more than that ~30GB. It'll decompress some of the downloaded files, recombine, and delete the original downloaded version. Pretty damn massive for an MMO... even WoW isn't this big!

In other news, my 80GB gaming SSD is crying.

During the install you'll need roughly 25% more than that ~30GB. It'll decompress some of the downloaded files, recombine, and delete the original downloaded version. Pretty damn massive for an MMO... even WoW isn't this big!

In other news, my 80GB gaming SSD is crying.

It gets worse when you get more space....you just stop deleting stuff and tell yourself "Oh I might need this in 20 years, let's just keep it" :p

[strike=---]I have a key if anyone is interested. 1st to PM will get it.[/s] Gone.

Last edited:
Back