The End Of The Rainbow

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know the economy is REALLY bad when you have proof there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow…it’s a dead end in the middle of a busy freeway. I know this has nothing to do with overclocking, computers or technology but I just had to share. And yes, just so you know, the picture is real.

I thought the way refraction works that wasn't possible?

I know that its been authenticated, but its just really strange to see.

Looks like there might be one starting to form there at the bottom of that rainbow. You know it doesn't fully appear until you get there.

Rainbows are not real, they are created by the observers view at a particular angle through tiny water droplets in the atmosphere which are refracting light in a way that creates a sort of spherical prism.

So, no person actually see's the same exact rainbow as its position is dependent on the location and angle of the viewer. In short, a rainbow isn't a thing, it is an optical illusion.

More than likely the picture IS fake, or the observer of the rainbow is at a particular angle to the water droplets that show a small portion of what looks to be the optical illusion of a rainbow. In fact, if that same observer had looked up he wouldn't be able to see the entire rainbow go up into the air, curve, and the go back down to the earth at the other end.

But why can Leprechauns see the pot of gold? Because of their particular height making it the correct angle to find the rainbox? No, it's because they Leprechauns are as fake as a real rainbow.

Yeah, I agree that this is the beginning of the rainbow. Surely everyone knows rainbows go from left to right.

lousy photoshoped picture... you can actually see the stitch mark slightly below the mountain edge.

I thought the way refraction works that wasn't possible?

I know that its been authenticated, but its just really strange to see.

i saw on just like it the other day except it wasn't on a road it was on a hillside behind a house as I was passing on the freeway. It was pretty damn cool to see though. I would have taken a picture of it, but I was driving.

Actually, on second thought, the picture doesn't fail at physics, but it must be a cropped picture to have the "end" centered like that. As we would expect, you can see the faint continuation of the effect "below" the ground as well.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that he was driving down the road, saw something interesting, got his camera ready, and took a photo while driving down a busy road. : P

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that he was driving down the road, saw something interesting, got his camera ready, and took a photo while driving down a busy road. : P

Busy as in 2 cars? Welcome to Florida!

Rainbows are not real, they are created by the observers view at a particular angle through tiny water droplets in the atmosphere which are refracting light in a way that creates a sort of spherical prism.

So, no person actually see's the same exact rainbow as its position is dependent on the location and angle of the viewer. In short, a rainbow isn't a thing, it is an optical illusion.

More than likely the picture IS fake, or the observer of the rainbow is at a particular angle to the water droplets that show a small portion of what looks to be the optical illusion of a rainbow. In fact, if that same observer had looked up he wouldn't be able to see the entire rainbow go up into the air, curve, and the go back down to the earth at the other end.

But why can Leprechauns see the pot of gold? Because of their particular height making it the correct angle to find the rainbox? No, it's because they Leprechauns are as fake as a real rainbow.

Nerds.jpg

Now if only they had a picture of the front of the SUV. Then you can see Warwick Davis splattered all over the hood and grill. :)

There's no gold left because it's already been taxed away.

Certainly this is real. Easy to test with a garden-hose on a sunny day, or if you have ever lived in the mountains you'd be used to seeing them all the time.

Skittles, man. skittles. Also, I call optical illusions, optical conclusions.

I've seen this while driving once in my life - would have taken a picture, but didn't have a camera handy, and really, it's not much more than an, "Oh hey, that's cool" moment.

I officially fucking hate every person who calls Photoshop on any picture.

Im with ya. If anybody had bothered to read the fucking article they even had it looked at by 7 different people and the info in the picture verifies that it was taken where they said it was. The iPhone must have a badass camera in it to take such a detailed picture from a moving vehicle.

nice pic, still obviously everybody should know in general there must be a number of reasons why somehow it "seems" its the end of it,lol, if everyone suddenly believes there is an end of a rainbow, now that is a story :D

There is no gold because I got to it first. Now I just have to pay my taxes and then I can count them coins. :)

I've seen this in my car before too, it looked just like that, I commented to the passenger that it looked like the end of the rainbow too. It looked just like that, didn't get bigger or smaller or really hardly move for as long as I saw it driving down the road.

But I still don't know if the windshield itself was actually contributing, I didn't stick my head out the window to test it

That is southern california. I bet the pot of gold is in compton or south central somewhere. Just check a pawn shop.

dr.stevil, that YouTube link is hilarious! Reward for finding a leprechaun or gold at the end of the rainbow=two crack rocks

Back