The Flogge vs Dannifood4less duel

flogge

[H]ard|Gawd
This is my challenge to Dannifood4less to a race to 500,000 points in F@H. He who gets free GenMay first wins free Genmay first and a warm fuzzy feeling of victory.

May your blade chip and shatter.

Just make sure you keep your warm fuzzies to your self once you get into GenMay.

/munches on popcorn

heh - this should be fun - now if I can just get Danni to check in

Don't forget once you get to genmay to introduce yourself! :) It's so cute watching mini-mes duke it out like I did with Oraldlight!

It's so cute watching mini-mes duke it out like I did with Oraldlight!

Was the Death Star vs Rebel Fleet battle any more exciting or any more important than the Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader duel?

I thought the farting contest between Han Solo and Chewbacca is the best duel ?

Like brother Kendrak said "Best to be observed at a distance" or at least "up wind". :D

I did notice after that movie there was a run on Army surplus gas masks :rolleyes:

Folding and WCGing for the CURE

They are just lucky Yoda didn't get into that one. I heard that little green dude could asphyxiate a banta from 9 parsecs upwind.

I actually got one about 2 months ago. I think the most common 3 words I've heard her say since we started dating were, "You're not right." I borged her computer last weekend. I have a EVGA 9600 GSO to put in it but it hadn't arrived by the time I left so I just put the uniproc client on it for now. I figure if she asks questions about it I'll eventually direct her to this site. I'm not sure she's ready to see me partaking in this level of mischief.

How far is 9 parsecs and how strong is the interstellar winds ?

woah i just saw this thread, now that my smp clients are dead its gonna be a close battle.. may the [H]ardest folder win!

POPCORN! PEANUTS! HOT TAMALES! COLD BEER! GET COMFY FOR THE BATTLE...

Over here! :D

2.png

Looks to be a long race. Yawn. I'm gonna get fat from eating so many tamales and drinking so much beer waiting for the finish line. :eek: (oh wait, I forgot i'm already fat) Of course one of y'all could buy my "ramp up" bundle I got listed in the DC FS forum and put an end to this race rather quickly. (sorry for the shameless plug for my FS thread)

How long has it been since you had a g/f

I actually got one about 2 months ago. I think the most common 3 words I've heard her say since we started dating were, "You're not right." I borged her computer last weekend.

Sounds like she's a keeper to me.. she's got you pegged and she's still around after 2 months. :D

Luck to you both!

Now on with the Beer, Tamales, Popcorn and Folding!!

hehe, i just fixed my smp clients, now we will see if i can keep them on till this bout is over, my wife loved the 75$ electricity bill last month.. if i keep this up,, my ppd should be jumping a bit, so lets see how it stacks up to your GF's borged GSO...

so does that make 2 GPU's for you, or have you been CPU power up till now?

-----------
Looks to be a long race. Yawn. I'm gonna get fat from eating so many tamales and drinking so much beer waiting for the finish line. :eek: (oh wait, I forgot i'm already fat) Of course one of y'all could buy my "ramp up" bundle I got listed in the DC FS forum and put an end to this race rather quickly. (sorry for the shameless plug for my FS thread)

im sorry, we all dont have 100Kppd power.. lol so it may seem like a race at a senior care home to you.. but were doin our best.. :D

The extent of my current boxen is the P4 in my sig running notfred CD, my gf's HP Pentium D with a uniproc client, my laptop with 8800m GTS, and my brothers comp with an 8800GT. He doesnt use it much so I might get a WU out of it per week. I have the GSO for my gf's computer but she lives 2.5 hours away from me. If there's a really nice day this weekend I might take the yamaha scooter over there but I doubt it.

Watching with eager anticipation. I don't think you would have made the challenge unless you got something up you sleeve. Waiting to see.

im sorry, we all dont have 100Kppd power.. lol so it may seem like a race at a senior care home to you.. but were doin our best.. :D

I won't have that much for long. If my current bundle in my DC FS thread sells then I will be losing 20Kppd. Also just lost about 4Kppd last week when one my SMP rigs sold. Slowly scaling back.

I won't have that much for long. If my current bundle in my DC FS thread sells then I will be losing 20Kppd. Also just lost about 4Kppd last week when one my SMP rigs sold. Slowly scaling back.

Buy the insta-PPD pack and save a fellow folder from the mowers :p:D

Watching with eager anticipation. I don't think you would have made the challenge unless you got something up you sleeve. Waiting to see.

If I deliver that 9600 GSO to Kansas city on my motorcycle your "up your sleeve" comment might be closer to true than you think lol.

from looking at your point production today each time you have a WU turned in its worth 480, seems to me like theres already a Nvidia GPU hard at work??
my wife saw my SMP clients on last night while i was at work and shut them off! its understandable though, i did say i wasnt going to run them, we have a baby on the way and she is going on leave soon, so that less income for the house, plus im taking some time off too.. things are going to get tight. if push comes to shove, ill have to cut back on folding..

Well don't let a random challenge from a jackass with a laptop get you in trouble with SWMBO. Yes, those 480 point WUs are from the 8800m GTS in my Gateway laptop. I noticed that your production ramped up a bit the last few days since I made the challenge. You are now only about 13-14k behind me and you will close that gap pretty soon if I don't find a nice comfy PCIe slot for my 9600 GSO.

My brother is in a similar situation right now. He has his second child due in January and his wife is planning on quitting her work as a school teacher when he/she is born. I hear fatherhood is a trip and a half. Cheers.

And ramping up pretty steeply might I add lol. I think I woke something up. :D Just a few days ago you were sitting around 3500-4k. In a matter of 2 days you have closed the gap by 6k points lol.

i thought i woulda passed you by now,, should be soon though.. got a few fulltime borgs setting up.. just uniprocessor though. :/

As of 7:00 this evening I hold the lead by 7 points. Alas, for my dreams are being crushed by your inexorable ramping. /runs to a corner and weeps softly. One day I will have my revenge. muahahaha.

my freaking computer restarted sometime last night!!! i freaking hate auto updates!! im turning this shit off, im tired of waking up to a restarted computer and having lost hours of folding time.. In other news, Dannifood4less has overtaken Flogge, as they both near the 400K mark. this could go either way folks!
-----------------------
edit.....

flogge, interesting thread here.. :D
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1369164

Hmm, with your production combined with your gift from sl I believe this battle will be decided in just a few weeks. I'd better wake up a few more squirrels and get my borgs a rockin if I want to stay in this thing. Cheers.

Almost makes me want to throw in a day or two of folding for the loser, just to keep things tight!

Almost... Instead, someone pass me another cold one? And BTW flogge, thanks for the reminder - I totally forgot about asking for genmay when I hit 500K a few weeks back.

Almost makes me want to throw in a day or two of folding for the loser, just to keep things tight!

Almost... Instead, someone pass me another cold one? And BTW flogge, thanks for the reminder - I totally forgot about asking for genmay when I hit 500K a few weeks back.

nobody said hes losing for sure.... today is thanksgiving,.... a mighty fine day to hop on your motercycle and fisit the G/F... eh flogge?? dont forget that GPU... :D

and also..
Happy Thanksgiving flogge, and all my folding brot[H]ers!

Never said he was losing, just that it would be fun to give whoever was losing a bump down the road for fun. :) And I said "Almost" - I KNOW everyone here is above charity points... Off to watch that great 3-10 spot slapdown next!

As the man said, Happy Turkey Day Everyone!

Does everyone here think i was giving charity points? I thought it would be a nice thing to do for the holidays. If people are against it i wont do it again.

i diddnt think it was charity... im just glad i was online to see the post. :D it was funny because i had just mowed you not long before you posted this, and i remembered your name from my attack list.
im thinking of doing something like this but only for folders with less than 50Kpoints, (after i hit 1million :D) maybe it will encourage newer folders to ramp up a bit.. after all, folding is really about the work being done, not the points...although it does add a fun, competitive side to it.
--------------------------------
back to the duel... with these new WU's killing my PPD on my 9600GSO and the extra points from sl1982, kinda keeps my PPD about what it was,, maybe a bit higher... im sure flogge is gonna slap that GPU in his g/f's boxen soon, and this will be a very close race.. (less than 120K left till 500K!!)

EDIT... damn flogge, nice spike in ur points yesterday! very close...

Back