The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Looking for an ISA sound card (yes, ISA!)... something that has an onboard IDE channel for CD-ROM drives.

Current card is a Sentek S521-SA that I can't find drivers for >.< if you're able to get me drivers, that would work too. I've been just about everywhere on Google though, and I don't think they exist.

Looking for an ISA sound card (yes, ISA!)... something that has an onboard IDE channel for CD-ROM drives.

Current card is a Sentek S521-SA that I can't find drivers for >.< if you're able to get me drivers, that would work too. I've been just about everywhere on Google though, and I don't think they exist.

Drivers for what exactly?

SERTEK (sorry for misspelling) S521-SA is a sound card, as it says in the part you quoted.

I'm running Win 3.11 on this particular system. Note that the DriverGuide driver has been tested and does not work in that OS.

SERTEK (sorry for misspelling) S521-SA is a sound card, as it says in the part you quoted.

I'm running Win 3.11 on this particular system. Note that the DriverGuide driver has been tested and does not work in that OS.

not to thread crap... but WOW!!!! 3.11?!?!? thats awesome! is this in a computer museum some where? whats the purpose of it?

No computer museums for my crap ;) It's a nostalgia box... it was my first system and I'm restoring it to near-original specs.

Anyone have a drawing tablet with pen? My wife likes to sketch and wants to try a tablet to see if she likes it before we spend a lot of money on one.

Need a Socket A Micro ATX motherboard with a 333 FSB. Oddly enough, I'm picky about board colors -- build is red-themed, so something red, yellow, or orange works best. The more stuff that's built in, the better.

Before you ask, the problem with my current board is probably somewhere under the CPU, since the heatsink was insufficient and cooked both CPU and board >.< I love it when I find something out AFTER it ruins componentry...

IIRC the "IDE" ports on the old ISA SB's were actually proprietary to the CD-ROMs that they sold in multimedia kits etc.

Guy's I am looking for Broken Electronics, Camera's, Laptops, any junk you happen to have lying around. I want to try my hand at some electronics repair. Let me know what you have, how much you want to ship to 06447, and what's wrong or at least what you think is wrong with it.

I am also looking for memory and a universal Power adapter for laptops, and/or Compatible Power adapters and Parts for these models for two laptops that I have. May be willing to pay a bit for these items.

Memory
1. DDR-266 / PC-2100 or DDR-333 / PC-2700 200-pin SODIMM
2. DDR SODIMM 400MHz PC-3200 200PIN

Power Adapters
1. Dell pp05l Latitude D600 Adapter PA-10, PA-12, 19.5V 4.62A
2. Sony Vaio PCG-F350 19.5V 2.15A

I also am looking for SD card(s) 2gb and above, but I'll take anything.

And any Compact Flash Cards, any size.

My Freebies.
1. Standard Power Cables
2. Ide Cables
3. 56k pci slot card modems.
4. Older Motherboards.
5. I have some Heatsinks, mostly the two clips on the socket, I think thats AM2

Let me know what you have. Thanks!

Also, A Big Thanks to "chronic9" for giving me a Compact Flash Card Reader and a few other things I needed.

Still need that mobo (see post above).

Also need a 20pin extender cable. 9" or thereabouts would be fine.

EDIT: NVM on that cable.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has one to give away, but I'm looking for a Dual core athlon or Phenom processor. I just want one for a spare system I'm building. any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Sound card is working. Pix of system will be posted in the Retro hardware thread sometime in the next couple days.

Still need that mobo...

I am in need of any old, basic phone (one that would NOT incur ANY data packages) for Verizon. Just needs to be a placeholder to activate a line.

It can be damaged even...as long as I can activate it. Let me know what you have.

I've got a Nokia 2600 with a cardboard "1" button... it's originally AT&T but is most definitely unlocked. LMK.

No, Verizon and ATT use different technologies. Rule of thumb, there is no such thing as an unlocked phone that works on verizon, sprint or any other CDMA tech.

Last edited:
I will call Verizon tomorrow and check. I use them for their Wireless Internet (lack of) services.

I can tell you that if it were a Sprint phone you'd be dead on -- those don't take SIM cards and are therefore locked to Sprint without complex flashing techniques. Verizon does use SIM cards, I believe.

Also, it's actually a "Nokia 2600 Classic", a slightly different model from the original 2600... it's a dual band GSM/CDMA phone - I can't see why it wouldn't work.

sold verizon for 6 years, they do not use sim cards for 2g and 3g. They only use sim cards for their 4g LTE.

But even if it was CDMA it wont matter. Verizon only activates phones that have ESNs on their approved list, which means they would have had to put it on their at some point. They only do this to their own verizon branded phones. As in, say a v265 very popular phone on every network, US cellular or sprint versions will not activate even though they are the same phone.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just bought a 775 mobo and had tested it with three known working cpu's and it wont boot. Now i'm seeing on the box and manual it takes up to pc2-6400 memory and I was using 800mhz memory. does anyone have a stick of pc2-400, 533 or 667 memory i can use to test this board? buyer had said it was nib opened never used but its 2-3yrs old.

i actually meant pc2-5400 not 6400. the board is not compatiable with the cpu's i have. so i'm now trying to see if i can trade off the board for another like matx 775 that takes pentium d, c2d processors and core dual chips. anyone have one they would like to trade?
also understand that the board was second hand purchased but the seller said it was opened but not used. the box contains all accessories, only the upc was removed.

No, Verizon and ATT use different technologies. Rule of thumb, there is no such thing as an unlocked phone that works on verizon, sprint or any other CDMA tech.

This is unfortunately correct. I called them a few minutes ago and confirmed that they do not use SIM cards for regular cell phones.

This is unfortunately correct. I called them a few minutes ago and confirmed that they do not use SIM cards for regular cell phones.

Even then, SIM cards would be worthless as nearly every national carrier uses competing frequencies AND/OR standards. GSM vs CDMA is one, but also LTE on specific frequencies that each carrier has exclusive access to. In short, getting an unlocked phone that wasn't originally made for the carriers (Verizon and Sprint, since they don't do sim cards) and being able to use that phone on anything that isn't ultimately AT&T anyway (GSM in general) is a fool's errand.

Even then, SIM cards would be worthless as nearly every national carrier uses competing frequencies AND/OR standards. GSM vs CDMA is one, but also LTE on specific frequencies that each carrier has exclusive access to. In short, getting an unlocked phone that wasn't originally made for the carriers (Verizon and Sprint, since they don't do sim cards) and being able to use that phone on anything that isn't ultimately AT&T anyway (GSM in general) is a fool's errand.

I dont know what the OP was looking for, but there *are* international phones that will work on ATT/T-Mo/Sprint or ATT/T-Mo/VZW but your limited to EDGE or 1xRTT. I had a Samsung Intrepid (Sprint "World Phone") that could be toggled to use the SIM, but, as I said, only slow-speeds on data. If the OP was looking for "just talk and text" there are a *few* options, but very few and no Sprint-VZW interoperability.

In need of a couple 256 or 512mb DDR 2700 DIMMs

Neighbors XP install took a dump so I grabbed it to do a reinstall for him, found he has a REALLY old machine and cant afford a new one so Id like to give him a bit of an upgrade.. (1.7Ghz P4 256mb DDR)..

a 2Ghz+ P4 would be pretty awesome too.. (s478 i think)

Neighbors XP install took a dump so I grabbed it to do a reinstall for him, found he has a REALLY old machine and cant afford a new one so Id like to give him a bit of an upgrade.. (1.7Ghz P4 256mb DDR)..

I have a 2.6/512/800 P4 if you want it
$3.00 should get it to you in a bubble mailer

Might be good to get the motherboard model or the computer's model. At that speed it could have been a 423 or a 478. (Probably not a 423 though, think those were mostly SDRam, and Rambus) But, I highly doubt the system supports a 800mhz CPU, might be lucky if it supports a 533, so good to have the model so we can make sure!

Yep, we need more info. Max FSB? Can it take Northwoods? Prescotts? Etc.

I used to have a 1.7GHz Willamette P4. Motherboard won't go higher than 400MHz, and I'm pretty sure it didn't take Northwoods.

I think I have a 400MHz FSB 2.4GHz Socket 478 CPU laying around.

I could go for a Sil3112/3114 based SATA card if anyone has one.

Back