The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I'm looking for some stuff for a classic Pentium 2 build. I have a cpu, but I need a mobo, drives, ram, and whatever anyone would like to throw out there. I'm in pretty bad need of SDR dimms and old hdds. Anybody got any leads?

I have a few 80 gig IDE drives nix agp ati AIO card and some sf pc133 ram u can have

*Thermaltake Max 5G Active Cooling Hard Drive Enclosure with Two 80mm Blue LED Fans USB 3.0 5.0Gbps ST0020U (stopped working, sent it in for RMA, got it back with thermaltake saying it worked fine, tried using it again but no go) - maybe someone else will have better luck with it
*Enermax 140mm fan UCTB14
*3-4 Black 18"? sata cables

prefer local (07605 or possibly 07649) pickup for these (take all of itttt!)

gone to buschman31

Last edited:
*Thermaltake Max 5G Active Cooling Hard Drive Enclosure with Two 80mm Blue LED Fans USB 3.0 5.0Gbps ST0020U (stopped working, sent it in for RMA, got it back with thermaltake saying it worked fine, tried using it again but no go) - maybe someone else will have better luck with it
*Enermax 140mm fan UCTB14
*3-4 Black 18"? sata cables

prefer local (07605 or possibly 07649) pickup for these (take all of itttt!)

hey i'll take it. pm sent.

Looking for 3 or so 120mm fans. Doesnt matter what color or anything just as long as they are quiet. They can be stock cooler master case fans, doesnt matter. Thanks

I have the following two systems boards available. just pay mailing costs.

compaq/hp MS6577 with s478hsf, i/o plate and i believe to be a p4 3.0ghz cpu/has no agp slot-all pci-no memory or hdd

emachines W2785 system board with I/O plate-has no memory or hdd-will include the two dvd drives, one is a burner, the other is dvd-rom(half way open,half way close but works)-processor is a skt A 2700+ athlon xp

Preference will be giving first to a member in the Atlanta Ga area before mailing this off.

Last edited:
I have the following two systems boards available. just pay mailing costs.

compaq/hp MS6577 with s478hsf, i/o plate and i believe to be a p4 3.0ghz cpu/has no agp slot-all pci-no memory or hdd

emachines W2785 system board with I/O plate-has no memory or hdd-will include the two dvd drives, one is a burner, the other is dvd-rom(half open,half close but works)-processor is a skt A 2700+ athlon xp

Preference will be giving first to a member in the Atlanta Ga area before mailing this off.

If no one in the GA claims them, I want them.

My turn, since I'm handing out free stuff all over...

I'm looking for a lga775 board with 2 pic-e slots... And on board video...

I'm trying to get a gaming system going for a friend of mine. He's currently on HP laptop that thermals all the time.
I currently have:
- case (cheap cheap hunk of junk)
- hdd (80GB sata)
- monitor (15" dell lcd)
- graphics card (6600gt)

It could use everything else. Those components are pretty poor, so if someone has anything better I'm all ears. It obviously needs ram, cpu, mobo, power supply, kb & mouse, if anyone is willing to help out that'd be awesome. Also if any one has games on steam that they are willing to gift he would love that... when his pc can play them lol.

I also have a partial Mac G5 tower that I want to give to another friend. Her kids keep their main pc in a constant state of repair. She used to use mac back in the day and really liked it, so I want to get this up and running for her. She isn't a power user, so it should do fine. It's missing memory, a hard drive and the left side panel. I was thinking of using the case for a mod, but I'd rather do this as she is in need.

One selfish request.
My MP3 player & nice ear buds were stolen awhile back, and I haven't had the funds to replace them. It was a Creative Zen 16GB that I loved. I'm all ears to anyone that has MP3 player or a portable device that can play music.

Thanks for the help!

I have a Zune 30 (black) that I can give you for free. The caveat is that the battery is shot and you'd need to replace it. The replacement batteries are about $25 online and take about an hour to replace. If you're okay with that, it's yours.

I have a Zune 30 (black) that I can give you for free. The caveat is that the battery is shot and you'd need to replace it. The replacement batteries are about $25 online and take about an hour to replace. If you're okay with that, it's yours.

That would be awesome!
Sent ya a PM.

I have an unused Dell Win7 upgrade fullfillment kit (Vista to Win7 upgrade, came with an INspiron 1545 laptop)
Contains the W7 COA and a Dell W7 Home Premium DVD
I took this out of the bubble mailer from Dell, but never used it.

Just pay shipping, unless you wanted to pay more I wouldnt mind. :eek:)

Gone to buschman31

Last edited:
I have an unused Dell Win7 upgrade fullfillment kit (Vista to Win7 upgrade, came with an INspiron 1545 laptop)
Contains the W7 COA and a Dell W7 Home Premium DVD
I took this out of the bubble mailer from Dell, but never used it.

Just pay shipping, unless you wanted to pay more I wouldnt mind. :eek:)

hey i'll take it. pm sent

I have 5 sticks of DDR400 512mb
2 have silver heatspreaders on them
3 just have a generic memory info sticker
All came out of working machines, I can pop them into a usps flat rate box, just pay shipping of $6

Looking for >AM2 CPU to test AM2, AM2+ and AM3 MB. OEM or with HSF
Of course I will pay shipping + 3% :D

I GOT HOOKED UP! Thanks to all!

Last edited:
I have few around 5 used Apple remotes, older style - without batteries.
Picture here

also IDE DVD+/-RW, cannibalized from IBM Think Centre. have 2, all tested at some point, but will retest before shipping.

pm me for info.

Last edited:
I have few around 5 used Apple remotes, older style - without batteries.
Picture here

also IDE DVD+/-RW, cannibalized from IBM Think Centre. have 2, all tested at some point, but will retest before shipping.

pm me for info.

I so love a apple remote for spare for my apple tv...

I have 5 sticks of DDR400 512mb
2 have silver heatspreaders on them
3 just have a generic memory info sticker
All came out of working machines, I can pop them into a usps flat rate box, just pay shipping of $6

I'll take if you still have.

Last edited:
Could really use a 775 cpu for testing purposes...P4, PD, something that works. Would be appreciated.

Could really use a 775 cpu for testing purposes...P4, PD, something that works. Would be appreciated.

I have plenty of S775 P4 2.8GHz CPU's (SL7PR and SL9CG).

Okay, help me out. I need an AGP 8x video card. Anything 8x will do. Thanks!

I have one of these if it will help you out:

http://www.techexcess.net/192068-001-compaq-nvidia-m64-pro-32mb-agp-video-card.aspx

More stuff to give away:

• Pentium 4 1.6GHz S478 SL5VH
  • Three 256MB DDR2 PC2-3200 So-dimms
  • One 256MB DDR2 PC2-4200 So-dimm
  • Two 128MB ECC Rambus sticks (HYMR-16418H-653)
  • One 128MB Rambus sticks (HYMR-16416H-745)
  • Two 256MB Infineon DDR2 PC2-3200 dimms (PC)
  • Kingston Compact Flash PCMCIA adapter
  • Kingston Compact Flash PCMCIA adapter with 256MB card

I got 3 Antec 1200 5.5" to 3.5" bay converters if anyone wants them. Each bay holds 3 hard drives.

I have a couple laying around if you still need one

Yes, I need one desperately. Got a free board with an 8x AGP, but I don't have any video card for it (neither PCI nor AGP).

Shipping to: Minneapolis, MN. 55412. Let me know the shipping charge.

Thanks!

I need an AM2 or AM2+ mobo to test CPUs, pretty much anything will do.

Yes, I need one desperately. Got a free board with an 8x AGP, but I don't have any video card for it (neither PCI nor AGP).

Shipping to: Minneapolis, MN. 55412. Let me know the shipping charge.

Thanks!

I will pm you later today .. I believe the card is an old ATI 9600pro

Looking for a AM3 socket compatible heatsink. With or without fan. Preferably one that'll accept (or has) 120mm fans as I'm trying to reduce the noise coming from my case. Currently with an Athlon II CPU and a Phenom II stock heatsink (with copper pipes)... Would like to be able to swap the heatsink with something as effective (or better) and quieter.

Back