The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I have 2 invites for IPT torrent tracker.

PM. Whoever are first, will get it.

I have a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800. Just pulled it out of storage. Worked when it went in, but I don't have a way to easily test it right now, so consider it as-is. *GONE*

Last edited:
Looking for a graphics card for my little bro's rig. Put in a 650w antec power supply, but doesnt have the extra 8 pin I need for the GTX480 I have on hand, so no POST :(. Possibly a matched pair of DDR2-800+ as well.
Get a splitter

Edit: I didn't realize how late this post was, but it is a link to a $5 fix for your issue (I hadn't yet found one) so I left it up
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjtkYWdsYvYAhWTusAKHYpWCYIYABAJGgJpbQ&ae=1&sig=AOD64_3NGeHyNDAe0lqei9tMTYPfKCxyAg&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwig8PWcsYvYAhWq6oMKHRzJDaMQwg8INA&adurl=https://www.walmart.com/ip/PCI-E-6-pin-to-2x-6-2-pin-6-pin-8-pin-Power-Splitter-Cable-PCIE-PCI-Express/830424308?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=15372&adid=22222222228130785943&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=236873933992&wl4=pla-390701626303&wl5=9026181&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=118771119&wl11=online&wl12=830424308&wl13=&veh=sem

Last edited:
Got a OnePlus One bamboo swap cover. Dinged up on corners from some drops but the back wood portion is in great condition.

Last edited:
I have some core 2 cpu's 775 and I may have a few 771 cpu's I also have some 512 meg ddr2 ram about 6 sticks also some SATA hard drives 80 gig if interested pm me . I also have some also servers I will give away if wanted pm me but it won't ship of course.

I had to drop the raptor soory

Last edited:
Got one free Layers of Fear + soundtrack steam cd key from humble bundle.

Please write here, first one gets it. No PM's please.

Last edited:
I am looking for a PCI-E video card for dual output PCI-E x16 1gig win10 ready not for gaming just output, also need a pci-e sound card and a pci-e usb card. I don't mind paying a little for the items but they are not performance items they just need to be supported in win 10.

Got a free 6month Premium License key for Xsplit with my c922x. If anyone wants it, send me a pm. First person to ping me gets it.

I have some core 2 cpu's 775 and I may have a few 771 cpu's I also have some 512 meg ddr2 ram about 6 sticks also some SATA hard drives 80 gig and a velociraptor can't remember the size if interested pm me and I will check. I also have some also servers I will give away if wanted pm me but it won't ship of course.
I'll take all of this.

Anybody got a DVI-to-VGA adapter? I remember back in the day we used to them for free with a new video card. Now I need one and don't have it.

Pm me, thx!

Anybody got a DVI-to-VGA adapter? I remember back in the day we used to them for free with a new video card. Now I need one and don't have it.

Pm me, thx!

Make sure an adapter will work with your card. Newer cards are coming with DVI-D ports instead of DVI-I now, so they don't have the analog pins to run the VGA signal.

Make sure an adapter will work with your card. Newer cards are coming with DVI-D ports instead of DVI-I now, so they don't have the analog pins to run the VGA signal.

Something else to watch out for is some cards still have DVI-I connectors for mechanical compatibility, but lack analog RAMDACs and won't work either.

I have an R9 280x with two DVI-I ports, but only one of them has analog output and is a special red color.

A better option would be to get a displayport to VGA adapter if your video card has a DP port available.

sent you a pm, i have a bunch.

Roger that! Replied!

This is for my back-up video cards ( 670/ R5 240) that I use on my 22" WS monitor with VGA cable when I work on clients rigs. My spares went to my ex and my kid's pc's. I had ro rig a DVI to HDMI and an HDMI to VGA to make do.

I have a Surface touch cover keyboard, like new, model 1515, color white, just pay shipping

---------------this is gone

Last edited:
Hello, looking for a PCIE video card to get an old rig up and running. The 5770 didn't survive the move.

I have some ancient PCIe cards if one of these will work:

HP OEM Nvidia 9500GT 512MB
MSI Nvidia 8500GT 256MB
Dell OEM ATI HD2400 256MB (?)

Dug around in my horde some more and found a Gigabyte HD5450OC 512MB as well. The 9500GT is faster though, even though it's an older card, it just doesn't support DX11+.

Last edited:
Two items:
  • HIS Crossfire Ribbon Cable (identical to this)
  • Stock HSF from a G3258
Just pay shipping from 20008. Ribbon should be able to ship first class for ~$3. HSF will probably be ~$6 USPS Priority.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Two items:
  • HIS Crossfire Ribbon Cable (identical to this)
  • Stock HSF from a G3258
Just pay shipping from 20008. Ribbon should be able to ship first class for ~$3. HSF will probably be ~$6 USPS Priority.
Would the HSF fit an LGA775 socket?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Gotcha. In my research, some of the coolers designed for the 1150 would also work with the 775 so I thought I would ask. (y)

if the mounting hardware is removable or adjustable. from what i gather, the one being offered is a stock 1150 (1151,1155)

if the mounting hardware is removable or adjustable. from what i gather, the one being offered is a stock 1150 (1151,1155)
Yep--I just wanted to make sure because I'm needing an LGA775 one that can handle 95W.

I have a new hyper plus or various water cooling air setups, if that helps any.
That hyper plus seems like it might be perfect. I have to check if the system is dead though--I upgraded the processor to an e2250 and it was working fine, but now something seems to have gone wrong and I have to check it first. If all is good, I plan to upgrade it to a q6600 which will need more cooling for sure.

Back