The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

WANT: motherboard standoffs looking for at least 5.

Do you know the thread size and length? There are literally tens of thousands of different standoff sizes and thread pitch combinations, both internally and to the case.

Does anyone have USB 3.0 pcie card? Need one for an old Lenovo ideacenter pc. I am willing to pay shipping and cover PP fee.

I have a Samsung EP-PG920I Qi charging pad free to a good home. Just send me a zip and I'll let you know the cost to ship.

anybody got a stock 1366 cooler in the pile? imma have to go off water until I can get some new parts...

its an i7 970, but I don't have to push it, I just want to limp along till my parts come
OK, it's a basic heatsink but should do the job. Only thing is you may need to swap the fan. It's a 80 or 92mm but I believe it is a non standard hp fan connector. Will check it out and let you know.

OK, it's a basic heatsink but should do the job. Only thing is you may need to swap the fan. It's a 80 or 92mm but I believe it is a non standard hp fan connector. Will check it out and let you know.

MY MAN!!

fuck the fan, I have boxes of fans, name your shipped price.

MY MAN!!

fuck the fan, I have boxes of fans, name your shipped price.
Pm me your address and I'll get you the price. If you are looking for anything else random let me know in case it's something I have and can throw in with it.

*ALL GONE*

FREE, pay shipping. Send a PM with what you want and zip code. All pulled from working computers. As-is, you could very well be getting door stoppers. Prefer to give to those who contribute.

CPU:
AMD Athlon II X3 435 *GONE* to ThreeDee
AMD Athlon II X3 440 *GONE* to Ray06492

HDD:
HGST 2.5"
4x 500GB 7200rpm *GONE* to ThreeDee
1TB 5400rpm *GONE* to ThreeDee

GPU:
BFG GTX 260 *GONE* to Fastvan67
PNY GTX 460 *GONE* to Fastvan67

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    474.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    450.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1053.JPG
    IMG_1053.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1054.JPG
    IMG_1054.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1055.JPG
    IMG_1055.JPG
    431.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Looking for two 120mm fans, preferably low speed. I have a few extra parts ill post tomorrow for everyone else

Still have one Quadro NVS 295 video card with dual displayport out.

Looking for two 120mm fans, preferably low speed. I have a few extra parts ill post tomorrow for everyone else

I have two Antec case fans I pulled because they didn't move enough air for my needs. They're 3 pin dual speed fans that have a little switch to change between speeds.

Last edited:
Looking for an upgrade from a XFX Radeon 5850 to pass on to my son, so needs to be PCI-e 2.0. Being that it's an old ass card, most of the stuff I'm seeing in the normal channels are 3.0

Oh really? I didn't think they would be (I've clearly been out of the game for a while). Thanks for the heads up.

The only PCIe revisions that are not backwards compatible are 1.0a and 1.1 on some motherboards with any future revision of PCIe. Many motherboard vendors released a BIOS update to fix this bug when PCIe 2.0 came out, but there were still quite a few that did not.

Any old networking gear floating around

Patch Panel
Gigabit Switch
APs
UPS

I have an older UPS that I upgraded from...I'd have to get you the model # if you're interested. It's not rack mount, but it's decent capacity (I'm thinking 1000-1250VA).

The batteries died of old age and rather than replace them as I've done in other units, I ended up getting a good deal on a new one. So the "catch" is that you'd have to put fresh batteries in it, but honestly, you probably wouldn't want to pay the shipping for it if it did have batteries installed (as you know, most UPSes of any decent size/capacity are very heavy). The shell itself should be fairly inexpensive to ship.

I have an older UPS that I upgraded from...I'd have to get you the model # if you're interested. It's not rack mount, but it's decent capacity (I'm thinking 1000-1250VA).

The batteries died of old age and rather than replace them as I've done in other units, I ended up getting a good deal on a new one. So the "catch" is that you'd have to put fresh batteries in it, but honestly, you probably wouldn't want to pay the shipping for it if it did have batteries installed (as you know, most UPSes of any decent size/capacity are very heavy). The shell itself should be fairly inexpensive to ship.
A model would be great so I can look at the batteries

Its not out of the question to use deep cycle marine batteries with these. Just be aware that the internal cooling may not be able to handle extended runs under load.
I have some older 1000va APCs that also could handle larger batteries like this, but opted not to do it because of the age of the unit and the application. The extra run time would have been great since the load was almost nothing, but the risk of fire was not acceptable.

In the end, I went with genuine APC batteries that lasted over 4 years. I got another 4 batteries in the CDW outlet for <$40/ea, and they're back in operation again with batteries to spare. (y) Each of these units were originally purchased in the 1990s, and I just found this link that's selling them for $189(!!)--I would have never guessed :eek::
https://excessups.com/apc-smart-ups-1000-670w-su1000net-refurbished-beige

I am giving away this 300GB WD SATAII 10k rpm 2.5/3.5 inch drive
HDD2caution.png

It currently has 1 pending sector count. everything else is fine
I am in the process of removing all my data from it and gonna do a 3 times overwrite to try to remove it.

No matter what I am giving it away if somebody is less paranoid about HDD's than I am or if you just need a working print

Shipping cost will be on you. I can ship it with or without the 2.5 to 3.5 heatsinke/frame
I live in Anna Texas and work in Plano Texas. If you want to pick it up instead

--- Edit

DRIVES FOUND A NEW [H]OME

Last edited:
After i moved all my data from the drive in above post i did the following on the disk
- quick format
- cipher /w:d:

and now look at it go
HDD2good.png

I'm still torn about trusting it so its still up for grabs

--- Edit

DRIVES FOUND A NEW [H]OME

Last edited:
Looking for a small capacity 16 or 32gb mSATA drive if anyone has a spare available. I want to test booting Windows off the cache drive of a ThinkPad T420.

Buyer pays for all shipping and PP fees. The cost of the items is free.

BNIB Super Troopers BR - $5 shipped (really you are just paying for shipping)
6-8x 2.5" Dell hot swap caddies
If you still have the 2.5" caddies, I was looking for a few for my r710 server.

looking for 2x2GB DDR2 .. or 4x2GB DDR2 if you happen to have a 4 memory slot s775 micro atx mobo laying around

Speaking of 775, I'm looking for an X5460 (pref SLBBA) or X5470 pin modded with the sides cut for lga775. Dads running a P5Q motherboard with a core 2 duo in it out in the garage, runs like absolute butt now so hoping to OC a xeon. I also posted in my WTB thread if you need a few bucks for it. They're pretty cheap on ebay but I'll have to wait for shipping from china.

Free $5 gift card to Brookstone. I've had it forever and don't even know where one of these stores is. Only claim it if you're going to use it, please. First reply quoting this gets it in a PM.

Back