The Illegal Downloaders' Oscar Winners

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This is kind of a new twist on picking the Oscar winners, but I guess it is as about as accurate as any indicator. The votes were actually Torrent Freak movie downloads....one download, one vote...what could possible be illegal about that?

Torrent Freak is careful to point out that some of the nominated movies only leaked into the Web's avaricious clutches over the last few weeks. Still, perhaps the information that you might find most indicative of an interesting world is that 12,639,000 people torrented "District 9." (This includes cammed versions.)

No, about 2 million people torrented the movie. The other 10 million are the people trying to find versions with proper subs. :p

I bought district 9 on blu-ray, it was that good a movie. 100% worth the buy.

So, how do pirated #'s compare to sales #'s? Do movies that are more frequently pirated also better sellers?

I bought district 9 on blu-ray, it was that good a movie. 100% worth the buy.

Completely agree. I've seen Avatar, Hurt Locker, and Inglorious Basterds, but District 9 is the only one I would watch again.

I haven't even been able to make it through district 9...................

Hurt Locker was very damn good, it definitely deserves some awards

I have seen it 4 times and would still buy the Bluray.
I did however see it the first time off BT.

Movie has a lot of depth if you are watching it with both lobes.

Finding a good version of a movie does take some work sometimes. Their numbers are inaccurate.

Baby Frolics!

Sorry but District 9 was god awful. That other movie did it better with the godzilla thing. And even then that movie wasnt all that either.

Well that doesn't count other mediums such as usenet and the stupid mule, the numbers could well be double than the torrent numbers alone.
But then again people d/l so much shit that they don't even watch so is fairly inaccurate too.

Hurt Locker was a great movie, but I don't think it deserved all the awards it got versus movies like District 9 and Avatar.

District 9's first half was interesting, second half was kind of a letdown. Was a good movie. Not a great movie. Haven't seen Avatar or Hurt Locker yet, can't comment.

I'd put Hurt Locker at the top of the list of movies to watch IF you have not already seen it

it's well worth the 2 hours you'll spend watching it.

I'm not going to claim something ridiculous that it's the greatest movie of all time or some bunk like that, but I WILL say that it's probably the best movie released last year.

I have yet to see Avatar, I'll watch it on Blu Ray when it comes out, I'm not in any particular hurry, being deaf means basically no theaters for me.

D9=meh, could have been better
Hurt Locker=meh
Inglorious Bastards= pretty good

Back