The 'Internet of Everything' Is Worth $613B

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is amazing how much thought is put into stuff like this.

Cisco Systems wants its customers to know that there is a huge amount of money to be made if they focus their strategy and IT budget on what the company and others call the Internet of Everything.

Basically, they want all consumer goods to feed information into the marketing pipeline where merchants can accurately market to you based on everything you do. I think there will eventually be an off-the-grid line of merchandise down the road, that will be a backlash for people who are tired of giving up any semblance of privacy.

Basically, they want all consumer goods to feed information into the marketing pipeline where merchants can accurately market to you based on everything you do. I think there will eventually be an off-the-grid line of merchandise down the road, that will be a backlash for people who are tired of giving up any semblance of privacy.

Depends, if they give me coupons or discounts on things I actually want or need how is that bad ... I would rather get coupons for Diet Coke on my grocery card because I buy Diet Coke than ones for Pepsi (which are useless to me) ... some of the online tracking cookies are a little creepy since I might be hitting sites for a variety of reasons and might not want spam or coupons associated with everywhere I go ... but tailoring ads or coupons to things I actually buy and use would be a good thing ;)

I read most of that article and I still don't understand what the Internet of Everything is. They use weird, wishy-washy language in the definition that doesn't really tell me anything.

Depends, if they give me coupons or discounts on things I actually want or need how is that bad ...

Deals and discounts based on browsing history?

I don't think asian prostitutes take coupons.

Deals and discounts based on browsing history?

I don't think asian prostitutes take coupons.

If they did that would be awesome though ... the buy one get one free option would be very popular :D

Back