The Jenga Cisco Stack

CommonGTI

n00b
orqavl.jpg
[/IMG]

This is real working setup Ive come across..They have connection issues..Imagine that one :rolleyes:

Considering the large amount of punch blocks around the stack, that is a buisness somewhere. Looks cool, tower of looks like they are going to fall over cisco.. :)

Hahaha. That's a sweet setup. I like how all the tabs are there for them to be rackable, but they decided to use wood blocks to stack instead!

Nacho said:
Considering the large amount of punch blocks around the stack, that is a buisness somewhere. Looks cool, tower of looks like they are going to fall over cisco.. :)

A business too cheap to buy a friggin rack...

A whopping 100 bucks for a 4ft relay rack @ monoprice.com

Sucks.. Looks cool though :p

Edit : 7 ft one is 100, 4ft is 85

Believe it or not that used to be stacked without the wood. The equipment was over heating and that was the resolution.. :eek: I have no idea why they never bought a rack..The server is sitting on the floor as well :D ..Its just mind boggling :p Come on Im sure everyone has seen such craziness at least once

One of those blocks is about to fall out. 5th unit up from the bottom, the block under its left side looks like it's just supporting the rackmount tab.

Holy crap that's retarded.

What are thos efor anyways? Are they hubs with Telco connectors on them instead of RJ-45's?

Haven't seen any of those in a few years.

valve1138 said:
Holy crap that's retarded.

What are thos efor anyways? Are they hubs with Telco connectors on them instead of RJ-45's?

Haven't seen any of those in a few years.

They are long reach ethernet switchs. Basicly ethernet over phone lines. On the other end is a LRE box where the rj45 plugs into.A cheap alternative to running cable all through a older building. Pretty slick for its time. I think Cisco stop supporting them like 2 years ago. :D

wow.. i've seen some pretty crazy/retarded stuff before.. but damn that one takes the cake.

First time i've ever saw LRE as well. A whopping 15mbps w00t go LRE, go LRE... lmao.

CommonGTI said:
They are long reach ethernet switchs. Basicly ethernet over phone lines. On the other end is a LRE box where the rj45 plugs into.A cheap alternative to running cable all through a older building. Pretty slick for its time. I think Cisco stop supporting them like 2 years ago. :D

thats great :D

for ten years ago! :p

CommonGTI said:

Nope. Cisco still has LRE switches in the Cat 2950 series. They also have LRE CPE's.

Regarding the picture...one wrong step, and you'll (literally) bring down an entire network.

WOW, it's a nomadix AG on the bottom right. hahahaah. didn't even notice that when I first saw it.

CommonGTI, is this a hotspot by any chance?

Looks more like this is in a hotel. I would hate to see the rest of their equipment.

meh, racks are overrated anyways, just buy 4 pieces of wood and drill them to the ground and then just nail ur 6k cisco routers to them

killa62 said:
meh, racks are overrated anyways, just buy 4 pieces of wood and drill them to the ground and then just nail ur 6k cisco routers to them

Screw two hooks to the ceiling and use pieces of string to hang them from it?
(Wood is expensive, you know.)

good string and hooks that can hold that stuff up are expensive also

Hvatum said:
No way, this is Walmart.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/10/19/1344/5101

They're too cheap to even buy pens for the office and you actually need pens. So no way would they buy a Rack when they don't really need one.
Unless this is a hick wal-mart that is different form every other wal mart in the country. No dice. I install networks @ walmart through various companies and while they are primarily a cisco shop everything is in a rack, quintuple the amount of patch cabling too.

A 1700. Ew.

We used to have one of those as our Internet router. Every time you looked at it wrong, it would reboot. We got rid of it as fast as the 2610 replacement could arrive.

How did you get those pieces of wood in there without tumbling down the unit? Good God I would be on the ground laughing so hard if I saw that come tumbling down.

Back