The Lian Li Gallery

grr so whats the huge difference between the 1200 and 1000, only the length??? I am some tempted to throw down some for my rig...

AthlonXP said:
grr so whats the huge difference between the 1200 and 1000, only the length??? I am some tempted to throw down some for my rig...

Correct, the 1200 series is roughly 4 inches deeper/longer then the 1000 series. This gives the chassis a much roomier feel, but also gives the buyer eATX support in a midtower case. Previously the fulltower 2000 series cases were the main option for an eATX case based on Lian-Li's most recent design, but the 1200's give you the same flexibility in a slightly smaller package.

There an easier way to do this? There wasn't any way getting my finger nails around it.

debadge.JPG

aburgard said:
There an easier way to do this? There wasn't any way getting my finger nails around it.

Hmm, I could have sworn I almost had my LiLi case badge removed via my finger nails and decided to leave it on, can't remember using anything else.

chinked|out said:
is there a removable tray for this Lian Li PC-V1200B Aluminum Tower Case

No.

I know they're nice to have...but I can't see why you'd actually NEED one in the 1000/2000 series cases, they look very spacious.

cornelious0_0 said:
No.

I know they're nice to have...but I can't see why you'd actually NEED one in the 1000/2000 series cases, they look very spacious.
dammit. it sucks to not have a removable motherboard trays. which lianli cases have removable motherboard trays?

Not quite done yet, Directron forgot to ship the mounting hardware for the Maze4 so it's in the loop but not attached till Monday. It killed me to cut the V2000 but with the notch cut on the tray divider from the top to the bottom of the case I can remove the whole water cooling system intact! Any problems and I can remove the whole system in about 10 minutes, still connected. Made bleeding the system outside the case so much easier for a water n00b.

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

X1900XTX @ 690 / 800, CPU at 3.0 Ghz (Opteron 148) @ 1.424v.

V1000B-2.jpg

Lian-Li V1000B: A8N-SLI, X2 4800+, EVGA 7800GTX 512 SLI, 2GB Corsair XMS, Audigy2 ZS, Enermax Liberty 620, Dell 2005FPW, Klipsch 4.1

Wow, that is one hell of a sexy gaming rig. Why arn't you water cooling? Those parts deserve the best cooling and overclocking you can provide.

I had enough of water cooling to last me for a while.....besides this setup is extremely quiet for an air-cooled rig! :D

F4iGuy said:
Damn thats weird that you post that now, considering my case just got back from the powdercoaters :) I got the idea from your old case :p

i'm interested to hear how it turns out fit wise as well... i powdercoated my Sonota just over 2 years ago, and really don't want to give that up when i do my new build in the v2000b i have comming... it's just something so subtle that not many people realize untill the take a REALLY close look at it beside my gf's sonota at a lan...

my experience with my Sonota was just like cornelious'... everything was tighter than... well.. ya... it was tight when i put it back together... HD rack was the hardest because they got a shot of powder as well...

but man... sure did look good all glossy black in and out... :( too bad it's too small...

dworley said:
I had enough of water cooling to last me for a while.....besides this setup is extremely quiet for an air-cooled rig! :D

Yeah I find it quieter to go air cooling nowadays. Just as good.

I don't plan on going through every page of this thread and was wondering if anyone knows if someone has posted a picture or two of the Lian-Li case with te aquarium attached to its side?

turbine0du.jpg

just a teaser shot of my case... finnally done execpt for the window.. which is going to take some time... turbine fan made by me... front plate bought from mnpctech.. painted by me.. paint looks crappy in pic. I'll post some more shots when I get off of work.

1337m0dd3r said:
turbine0du.jpg

just a teaser shot of my case... finnally done execpt for the window.. which is going to take some time... turbine fan made by me... front plate bought from mnpctech.. painted by me.. paint looks crappy in pic. I'll post some more shots when I get off of work.

Looks nice, more pics please...

heres somemore pics.. they really suck.. imma do some better shots of this case once it gets light outside tomorrow.. these will have to do for now..
frontclos3iy.jpg

frontcdop6li.jpg

turbine0du.jpg

topblo3qe.jpg

sideop8yb.jpg

lone gunman, do you have any internal shots of the system or at least the specs? I was looking at the 800 awhile ago, I was pretty sure I had it worked out so that most hardware I was looking at would fit, but it'd be nice to see an actual system setup in one of those.

will try to post some pics of the inside today. it was my 1st build and was on a very tight budget so its only a socket A system, nuthing fancy :D but i will try to post some inside pics soon so you can see how it all fits

cornelious0_0 said:
Haha, good call.

How so?

Arg, why can nobody spell my name right? :p

hehe.. ever see the 5th element? when she says "cooooooorrrrrrrrneliooouuuusss" .. a good way to remember the phonetics of your name. ;)

this has been yet another OT blab.. by me.

the lone gunman said:
click here for the internal shots of my PC-V800 http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1023572

I didn't see any actual internet pics of the case, just a few angle shots of the chassis itself. If you could take the top panel off and give me a look inside I'd appreciate it, I haven't seen a system assembled in one of these things in quite awhile and I'm curious to see how yours turned out/what hardware you managed to squeeze in there.

Here is my new Lian-Li v1100 B Plus wich I received yesterday.

I wanted ot build a silent pc and I must tell you that I am impressed with the quietness and cooling of this case. I coupled this a Liberty 620 wich is inaudible. (notice the reflection of the sleeving with the flash of my camera, makes the sleeving white!!)

Oh and for all the myth surrounding a a8n-32 about the chipset being not compatible with reverse cases is completly false. I benched my machine for the last 2 weeks on top of my motherboard box without any case and with dual prime without any active cooling(blower fan) on the chipset I was getting 44c. Now inside the case and being upside down the chipset is under 38 full load.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

LMK what you guys think!!

That case is so pimp. I wish I'd gone with the Lian-Li v1100B in stead of the v1000B. I'm running 2 undervolted 120mm fans and a WC setup and it's still WAY louder than I care for.

Mcklain, what HSF are you using on your CPU and what videocard/cooler is that? Looks pretty pimp.

I just ordered 2 Nexus fans and a Nexus PSW. It's finding a way to silence that water pump that'll be a problem.

aburgard said:
That case is so pimp. I wish I'd gone with the Lian-Li v1100B in stead of the v1000B. I'm running 2 undervolted 120mm fans and a WC setup and it's still WAY louder than I care for.

Mcklain, what HSF are you using on your CPU and what videocard/cooler is that? Looks pretty pimp.

I am using an xp-90c heatsink and that videocard is a leadtek 7800gtx extreme with stock heatsink!!

Mcklain said:
I am using an xp-90c heatsink and that videocard is a leadtek 7800gtx extreme with stock heatsink!!

Very nice bro. I personally would never touch that mobo, as it has one of the stupidest layouts I've ever seen, but that's just personal preference. What irks me about it is that if you want to make use of both of its 16x slots for SLI you have to sandwhich your PCI card(s) between the two video cards, or try and use the one available PCI slot at the bottom of the board. This one design "flaw" (as I see it) is what has helped me turn many people away from that board and towards the SLI-DR Expert.

Sorry, off topic...but nice setup indeed. :cool:

I dont know, His wire job looks effective as hell. No mods to the PSU (great for later resale) And everythign item in his case has one poweplug in it. (note there is no daisy chaining)

Looks clean on the parts you see and even orginized on thre back of the mobo tray.. messy but orginized.. I like it.

I(illa Bee said:
I dont know, His wire job looks effective as hell. No mods to the PSU (great for later resale) And everythign item in his case has one poweplug in it. (note there is no daisy chaining)

Looks clean on the parts you see and even orginized on thre back of the mobo tray.. messy but orginized.. I like it.

Fair enough, but you know me. ;)

Back