The Matrix Online

TheGooch69

Gawd
Anyone even play this MMO? I use to play it during the last phase of beta and it was so ridden with bugs with was ridiculous. Also every single mission was the exact same and there wasn't any real advancement.

I just want some input from any current players. Is it worth checking out again?

I got the installation discs around, but don't have an account. Nor do I know a single person who plays it.

haha funny that no one plays it. Guess I won't even bother. I wish it was a better game. The environment was cool, but gameplay was just rancid. I am surprised it's even up and running still.

I played it some right after it came out. It was a neat idea, but it just wasn't any fun. I think I cancelled my account within the first month.

Wow. I didn't think it would still be up. Never played it, and I've never known a single person to play it.

They don't even offer a trial anymore, so I pretty much think it's a niche market they have out there. At first I though its "realistic urban environment" was something nifty, but was never enough to make me actually play the game. A friend of mine gave me the discs, but meh, didn't really care about it.

Current players can give out trials. I found someone to give me one. Worth a trial run I guess.

the game actually improved after Sony bought it. But it's too little too late.

I only played for an hour but it wasn't that bad. It's definitively improved since the launch. Didn't notice any bugs or anything and the missions seemed to vary a lot more. I'm probably going to keep playing during the 14 day trial and see what happens.

I actually purchased it like a year ago for like $19.99 including 1 month of subscription. I thought that the Matrix IP would be great for an MMORPG, not in a fantasy setting...

Although I really don't remember much, I recall the game being kinda below average, and I think I closed my account within days of trying it out.

It is hard to describe but my feeling on the game was:
" ...meh...".

I would also like to have an update on how the game is doing now...

beta was horrible i liked the concept but it was just as bad as hellgate londons pallette which keep repeating itself over and over again, a shame since I enjoyed all the movies.

Beta is not a "try before you buy". Beta's are buggy and incomplete and almost everything is subject to change. One should never review a game based on beta.

i dont judge a game from the beta but one can tell if it will become a hit or not considering how many beta tests I have done in the past glad I passed.

Beta is not a "try before you buy". Beta's are buggy and incomplete and almost everything is subject to change. One should never review a game based on beta.

NOTHING changed from the Ragnarok Online beta to the actual game except for the amount of money you had to pay to play it. it took them roughly a year to put decent PvP into it

Back