• X1900XT/XTX

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • X1950XTX

Votes: 51 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apple740

Gawd
Welcome to the most sexy looking card of the year award. :) We're not talking about performance here, or features, or pros and cons. No, we're looking for the most hot and sexy looking card. So throw away your !!!!!!ism for a moment, and vote for the card which turns you on a little, just for its looks. Which card is THE MOST SEXY LOOKING CARD OF 2006?

The nominees, all more or less reference designs, are...

Nvidia, the 7900/7950GT:
7900GT.jpg

Nvidia, the 7900GTX:
7900GTX-front.jpg

Nvidia, the 7950GX2:
18969.jpg

Nvidia, the 8800GTS/GTX:
488232-597512.jpg

Ati, the X1950Pro:
aaaacf3.jpg

Ati, the X1900XT/XTX:
karta.jpg

Ati, the X1950XTX:
x1950xtx.jpg

il say 8800GTS/GTX because of the black PCB and depending on what company makes it, the sticker on the Heatsink looks good on some of them.

I don't understand all those 8800 votes. I don't like my women to be big and black. :D

i just got a evga 8800 gts ...its big bulky and awfully beautiful...makes my 7800 gtx look like kids toy

Apple740 said:
I don't understand all those 8800 votes. I don't like my women to be big and black. :D

Ugh me either....I don't plan on fornicating with my video card though...yet.

I couldn't find the "other" or "none" options. Honestly, all the shown cards are pretty lackluster in the looks department. Then again, I do not buy cards for looks.

The HIS Excalibur IceQ Radeon cards FTW. Other than that, I thought the 7900GTX cooler looked good and not gay and wimpy like other 7600/7900 cards.

Mr. Stryker said:
The HIS Excalibur IceQ Radeon cards FTW.

Yeah well, i only nominated reference designs, else i would have had a dayjob for making the list. ;)

I know, just mentioning it. The IceQ3 cooling is HIS's reference cooling :cool: I know what you mean. Lol.

On that list, the 8800 series definetly wins.. but I still think the best looking card was the XFX 6800XT with the LED light up heatsink. Here's a pic of it in my 754 machine.

IMG_0084.jpg

20060612132605511.jpg

I wish they would put those sexy coolers on the top of the card. Its a shame they look great, but you cant see them once installed.

tims880 said:
I wish they would put those sexy coolers on the top of the card. Its a shame they look great, but you cant see them once installed.
Get a BTX style or reverse ATX case.. such as the lian li v1000 or similar. =)

While i currently own the 8800 series, I think the 7900gtx was the nicest looking card

AlmostEvil said:
8800gts/gtx by far. i love black psb, so much better than red or green

Maybe a small detail, but i would like to have seen the Nv logo green instead of white. The white logo on a black pcb looks a little bit dull imo. :)

Alo i dissaprove their new "n" (in nvidia). ;)

tims880 said:

I can see my card's cooler just fine :cool:

insidequartershotlightsnt2.jpg

Hard choice, but I have to go with the 7950GX2. The boards are that nice green colour (love it), and the HSFs just fit. I'd have voted for the 7900s but that stupid fan wire just ruins it for me.

Ironically, I have an x1950 XTX. While it IS sexy looking, the 7950GX2 just kills it for me. Also, I'm not a big fan of the huge, whole-PCB-covering HFSs like on the 8800s and the x19xx series. I know performance-wise they're better, for sheer looks a small, out of the way thing looks the hottest.

I don't find hardware to be sexually attractive.

Females are the only ones that have that distinction.

X1900XT/XTX because of its sexy lines, and it is, after all, the X1900XTX:D

tims880 said:

this is EXACTLY the reason behind my next mod.

im reverse mounting the 8800 (havnt decided on model yet) cooler, not because i can then put a waterblock on the front, not because i want the extra cooling, but because that cooler is sooo sexy.

i might add, im putting on a custom sticker, thank you very much.

my god you know your a nerd when you participate in a thread like this :p

There is something inherently wrong with the nature of this thread... lol...

Either way, GTS by eVGA gets my vote. Nvidia's gone black, they'd BETTER not go back.

The silent pipe design by 7950GT by XFX, unparallel to any other brand name. It's not the fastest card, but to save 2 cooling fan if you have 2 x 7950Gt running, it's priceless.

Back