The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

oo yeah, here r the goods :)

77949c89.jpg

MVC-783F.jpg

MVC-780F.jpg

MVC-779F.jpg

MVC-778F.jpg

MVC-777F.jpg

lol, thats a .11 micron low-k fabrication on the core. look at the last two numbers on hte memory, itll say 16 or 20 - thatll tell you what rating ram you have.

lithium726 said:
lol, thats a .11 micron low-k fabrication on the core. look at the last two numbers on hte memory, itll say 16 or 20 - thatll tell you what rating ram you have.
i also have that card. mine says Samsung 449, K4J55323QF-GC20 so i guess i got 2.0. shit

DarkMonkey

I was working on making a cooler for it out of a passive p4 heatsink but I ran out of dremel wheels (it was 2am) so I just used double sided tape to attach a better fan to the stock heatsink

Nice! but if that sticky tape fails while that fan is at full spin, I really wanna see a picture of the aftermath. That would be some shit right there :)

It cools about 5C better than stock, not much of an improvement but for about half an hour of work (I spent 20 minutes looking for a suitable shim 'til I realized the empty roll that the tape was on would work good) and $0 cost, I'm not complaining.

w00t... this was my first card mod... a cooler master CPU (old school) cooler fan on my TNT! LOL...

tnt.JPG

I hate the nVidia drivers though, there is no simple way for me to know what monitor the DVD is going to play on...
Pisses me off, yey I'm an ATi !!!!!!... couldn't afford an X800 card though...

just for a quickey question for everyone with the x800xl's when you go to look at the core, do you have a x800 pro core, or a x800xl core?

because my powercolor card uses the x800 pro core..

also, i'm sorry for a lack of a picture of this, but i was changing my thermal compound yesterday late at night with some nice AS5 :)

sparky1_2007 said:
just for a quickey question for everyone with the x800xl's when you go to look at the core, do you have a x800 pro core, or a x800xl core?

because my powercolor card uses the x800 pro core..

also, i'm sorry for a lack of a picture of this, but i was changing my thermal compound yesterday late at night with some nice AS5 :)

This is teh first ive heard of an X800 Pro core being used at all. Being that there totally different architexture, that is almost false advertisment, and its quite odd that they would do it that way. do you have shots of the core to verify? (Im not calling you a liar, im just curios)

You know Viper, I think it would make sense because no one wants to buy pros any more, the XL's are the hot topic now so why not?

But I could see the whole "false advertisement" thing... I guess they figured no one would care to check if it ran at the stock speeds.

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
You know Viper, I think it would make sense because no one wants to buy pros any more, the XL's are the hot topic now so why not?

But I could see the whole "false advertisement" thing... I guess they figured no one would care to check if it ran at the stock speeds.

~Adam

Well, I dont think its so much stock speeds, as it is the die shrink. If I am not mistaken, going from 130nm to 110nm will make the core run cooler, and give it higher performance clock per clock. Maybe not, but its something worth investgating. I spose on one hand, an X800Pro core woudl overclock much better, and that leaves for the option of flashing to x800xt.

Well, I mean they run at the correct stock speeds of an XL, right? So, they figured if the speeds were correct, no one would think anything is out of the ordinary.

~Adam

yeah, mines a R430 core, but on it, it says PCI-express... you know, the fancy lettering, and then next to that it says x800 pro, and i havent run the card yet, and ill post some pictures tomorrow or today, depending on how much homework i have....

altec_tech said:
Yeah, my parents will let me get a new computer if I get at least a 3.5 GPA on my report card (considering i have been getting 2.7 GPA the last 3 quarters)

But eitherway, they said they'll let me have something like this:
Powercolor X850 XT PCI-E
AMD Winchester 3500+ 64-bit
1GB Corsair 2-2-2-5 memory (PC3200)
WD 74.7GB 10,000 RPM HDD

:mad: I get 4.0's all the time and I ranked 1 out of 853 students last semester and i got a pat on the back. bleh. I'm patienly waiting for my birthday. My parents promised great things. I'm hoping that includes a new computer. haha.

alrightey, guys srry for such a wait, but heres the pic of the core..... also, dont worry about the stray thermal paste, i was in a hurry to clean it off...

MVC-796F.jpg

acctually, i cant OC it currently..

I havent ordered the rest of my components for my computer......

but, when i do get the rest of the stuff, i will post an OC, as it will be watercooled :rolleyes:

edit: that is also why i am guessing that it has a PCI-express power plug...

Here are pics of two differenet video cards I tested in my new Shuttle ST20G5 - 6800GT / X800XL

NOTE: This ST20G5 was modded with parts from a Black G2 Shuttle Case and watercooled with Kingwin AWC-1 kit.

DSC00049.jpg

ST20G5x800xl.jpg

thanks for the compliment 1337 m0dd3r. i might be going water soon, so the ice storm might be seeing its last days. its a shame that ive only had it for like 2 months, at the most. its a great cooler. i might hafta keep my hands on itm just because i let it go.

Nice... H2O cooling in a small form factor PC... I don't think I have seen one of those setup on H2O yet... cool and the gang! :)

Just because I can I am going to post picture of all my last cards except my 3D Prophet 4000XT

XFX 6600GT
Picture%2033.jpg

Powercolor Radeon 9600Pro 128MB EZ400/400
Picture%204.jpg

3D Prophet 9000 64MB PCI
20030620newpro_vga_herc_90pci_03.jpg

Borgschulze said:
XFX 6600GT
Picture%2033.jpg

I just got the exact same card to play CS:S. Unfortunately it isn't much better than my Sapphire 9250. Image quality yes, but FPS no. Waiting for decent drivers.

Back