The new redesigned FreeBSD.org

looks hella better. old one sucked me ballz

freebsdold0qx.jpg

Wow, it looks nice! It was time for a facelift, I've been playing with FreeBSD for 3 years+ now and all I can remember is the old site layout.

Holy crap, that was a quick change. I was just on there earlier today and it was the old design. I'd say they definitely brought it into the 21st century design-wise. Looks good.

It's quite nice.
I could complain that a few things that were one click away before (like the online manpage browser) are now click-pageload-click, but honestly, the improvements are clearly worth it.

Q-Ball said:
Holy crap, that was a quick change. I was just on there earlier today and it was the old design. I'd say they definitely brought it into the 21st century design-wise. Looks good.
Agreed. Very wise move for them. :)

Looks nice, much more professional looking.

This is what the FreeBSD website looked like when I started using it in the good ole 2.x days :cool:

j-rock said:
I must be the only person that prefers the old page.
I do too. I don't know why the trend toward "professional" looking sites is so popular, while the old-style pages often convey more information than the new ones. The new [H] page is an example of this, too (to some extent). There's nothing wrong with making it look good, but don't take away content to do so.

tdg said:
Looks nice, much more professional looking.

This is what the FreeBSD website looked like when I started using it in the good ole 2.x days :cool:

Call me crazy, but I kinda like that layout better than the one they just got rid of.

Looks great...Enough with trying to get Linux on the desktop, lets see a push to get BSD on the desktop like Apple did.

acascianelli said:
Looks great...Enough with trying to get Linux on the desktop, lets see a push to get BSD on the desktop like Apple did.
FreeBSD works fine on my desktop as is (barring my serious complaints with NFS, USB, the psm driver, etc.). Just cause it's not all pretty-like out of the box doesn't mean you can't get it there.

Back