the no name project

TehRoflcopter said:
So Derrick, i've decided I LOVE your lowflow setup. This doesn't happen to often, there is only one other lowflow setup that I like on this whole site.

Do you want to know why I love yours as well as the other persons? Because you guys didn't use those ugly 1/4" tubes. Props, good job, and I like what I see so far =P, keep it up!

thank you sir but you may shit your self when you see the water temps.

derrick = THE SEX!

keep up the good work dude... you feel like giving away any money to a fellow modder? j/k :D

well i lucked out sharka has 1 aquastream pump left and i was able to nab it up with out a problem. i had to pick up afew other things that may delay my start up date.

1 Aqua Computer Aquastream Modified Eheim 1046 - 12V Centrifugal Water Pump w/ Fittings
Fittings: barb38 114.95

1 Aqua Computer Airplex Evo 160 Radiator Mounting Fan Grill

2 NEW!!! Papst Ultra Quiet Low Speed Case Fan - 80mm

1 Barbed Fitting For 10mm (3/8") ID Tubing - G1/4 Thread

1 Aqua Computer Aquatube Water Reservoir w/ P&C Fittings
Color: Black
Fittings: barb38 54.95

the 1st psu is a ocz 600sli psu it will consist of only 2 molox connectors 1 for the dvd rom drive and 1 for the m/b.

i have taken the extra 6 molox plugs and replaced them with sata power connectors and sleaved the rest of the wires.

now i know its old school but i will be mounting a3.5 floppy in the lowwer portion of the case just for the raid drivers and lil stuff like that. so you can only get to it with the case side off.

i have it some what worked out where 2 pumps will be mounted on the m/b tray and they will use the 2 aqua tubes on the front of the case.

the other 2 pumps the hd loop pump will mount in the lower portion at the front of the case it will also have an aqua tube as a res but it will be mounted to the left side panel of the case

the m/b loop will be ran off of a 160mm rad that will also mount to the left panel of the case. the res for this loop will be an aquainlet res if im not mistaken on the name and it will me placed in the rear of the case in the psu portion of the case.

the 2nd psu will power all the water cooling pumps, devices and uv lights and it is a ultra 500 watt mod psu.

you sir are crazy. i would reinforce the wheels if i were you hahaha

nah but for reals, i thought you just bought a buncha stuff to be able to pick and choose and save on shipping then sell em off after.... low and behold you plan to make it all into one monster machine! AAAAHHH

ok i mounted the psu wall, put in the false floor, made a new center floor and a m/b tray extention

normal_DSC01508.JPG

Hawt! Lian-Li+Aqua Computer+Blue anything= sexxx (I had to put 3 x's:D)

well the cuplex xt came in to day i mounted it on the m/b and started to work on the psu area. not much for pics as the wife wanted quality time so maby tomarow :(

well to day at work i orderd the ram for the project
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

and @ 179 i couldent pass it up so i got 2 sets

Derrick70, I want to be you.
You are now THAT GUY!
You know that guy that woman want to be with and guys want to be, thats you now!

I want to WC so bad, but I'm bad with my money and never seem to be able to save it!

Majin said:
Derrick70, I want to be you.
You are now THAT GUY!
You know that guy that woman want to be with and guys want to be, thats you now!

I want to WC so bad, but I'm bad with my money and never seem to be able to save it!

lol im putting that in my sig

i started to lap my water blocks and this is no good after 5 sheets of 1000grit

normal_DSC01513.JPG

it has some way to go yet

actually, i think you get that kind of thing even if the base is already flat. reason: the sandpaper bunches up under the leading edge of the block. thus the edges get sanded first... you have to be really careful with the amount of pressure and all you use or you'll end up rounding it off. (you also usually end up pushing down at an angle on the block, not straight down, so it does more to the side you are pushing against) still, it can help.

looks like this'll be a fun project, and that's gonna be a crapload of tubing in there.

the black knight always triumphs!

Derrick70 said:
i started to lap my water blocks and this is no good after 5 sheets of 1000grit

normal_DSC01513.JPG

it has some way to go yet

Had the same problem. Start with 600 grit => 800 => 1000 => 1200 => 1500 => 2000 => 3000

well tubing would have been fun to run today but sharka sent me the wrong stuff again for the 3rd time. i got some sweet ass 3/8od tubing but wait im not running a 3/8 od loop?

Derrick70 said:
well tubing would have been fun to run today but sharka sent me the wrong stuff again for the 3rd time. i got some sweet ass 3/8od tubing but wait im not running a 3/8 od loop?

Start a Sharka Die Die Die thread in the main AC watercooling forum. :p DD and Swiftech have had their come upins lately so why not Sharka?

Go here for some lapping advice. Also the search function will turn up a few other nice threads.

Top Nurse said:
Start a Sharka Die Die Die thread in the main AC watercooling forum. :p

Go here for some lapping advice. Also the search function will turn up a few other nice threads.

i may have to do that wes needs to hook it up with a 15% off on my next order but he knows ill clean him out again lol

i worked on mounting the harddrives last night and opened up the psu so i can cut the stuff im not going to use off of it and extend the ones i am. i have one box that i should get to day for the pc and it will have every thing but 1 fan grill. so ill update pics tonight.

i have to go order parts for my truck now :(

Very nice. What are the various I.D.'s on the tubing runs? Those PWM blocks look to be at least 3/8"...very nice setup for cooling the chipsets on an inverted A8N32-SLI.

madmat said:
Very nice. What are the various I.D.'s on the tubing runs? Those PWM blocks look to be at least 3/8"...very nice setup for cooling the chipsets on an inverted A8N32-SLI.

its all 3/8 id. i may use the 8mm for the hd loop because of how tight the hds are or i may just run 4 hd use the 3/8 tube and call it the day.

pic up date that is over due

normal_DSC01515.JPG
the 3800+X2 un capped

normal_DSC01516.JPG
hds in place

normal_DSC01517.JPG
fales floor in the psu room

normal_DSC01518.JPG
360 rad mounted to the top of the case

normal_DSC01519.JPG
bling buttons and fill ports

the psu was the main job today... I came up with the idea to try and run 1 psu so to aid in this i droped the use of 2 hard drives 1.2T is enough. so i cut and tied the legs that i would not need on the psu.

legs that are staying

2 molox cables
2 pci cables
1 modded leg that now has 3 sata power cables and 1 FLOPPY CABLE
1 4 PIN M/B CABLE
1 24pin cable.

i got my 80mm fans from sharka along with the last pump that i needed.

I got a black aqua tube and i think i may scrap the 2 blue ones in favor of the black ones

awesome!!

hey i got a similair board. the !8N-SLI Deluxe.. i need one of each of them chip set water coolers. what are they? and how would i know what to get? size? name? type im new to these water blocks.. ima get the same cpu one as u :)

they are all aquacomputer water blocks you can pick them up at sharkacomputers.com

on a side note im going to pick up some black paint so i can spray the m/b extender and the psu floor. ill work on routing the wires today. and start making the holes for the tubing

all the fans are Papst fans they are nice and silent. the fans in the psu will be replaced by them also

It's been a while since I've seen watercooling this extensive. Very nice work :)

atom said:
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH. IVE BEEN USING A DREMEL AND COULDNT FIGURE OUT HOW PEOPLE CUT IT SO WELL. Eh thanks man.
:eek:
OMFG :rolleyes:

When will people get over the fact that the dremel is a women’s tool and not the 1337-BE-DO-IT-ALL tool that everyone raves it to be. Shh.. I'd think the time you spent in woodshop would have told you that there are better tools for the job.

Jigsaw, band saw and table saw are the three most accessible tools for the normal guy that comes to mind.

OMG, it's looking so good.
Derrick70, get us some full case shots, would like to see wire management potential and just the over all sex, this case is putting off.

P.S.
I love your sig! :D

ill have a pic update tomarow the rest of the stuff is comming in so i will have final pics maby :rolleyes:

well i worked on it last night ran all the tubing for the m/b and mounted 2 of the pumps.I still have to do some work on the OCZ psu and make a few holes in the pexi to run cables and water tubes through it. im not a big fan the the tubing coils but i picked some up and used them on all the tubing that i have and im impressed with them. ill work on the side pannel to night to finish of the m/b loop and hope over to the hd loop and knock it out

Back