The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

i'm full-sniping tree with zer0 and i found his deception skill to be quite useful. if you're a terrible aim (like me) and find yourself being swarmed by 3-5 enemies up close, popping the shadow and then gaining some distance makes encounters a lot more manageable.

I agree, even at level 9 I'm able to score 1k headshots on enemies coming out of deception. I love the more detailed weapon models. The preorder sniper reload sequence is ridiculous(ly long) and looks awesome

whoever said turn of UI sway, thank you!!!! menus look crisp and clear now.

Lvl 9 with siren now, just got to sactuary. Finally have a few very good weapons and getting into the groove of things.

Starting to get lots of weapons that I can't use though becuase of level requirements.

I'm a lv 14 gunzerker, his ability is nice. Not only do you get to dual wield guns but it gives you ammo and health regen and damage mitigation. I had to toggle autoswitch on the menu to get it to feel right, it makes the left mouse click fire the left gun and the right mouse to the right gun.

Is anyone playing this on an AMD 7750 @ 1900 x 1200?

I doubt my card can handle this game so I may have to go the PS3 route. :(

You should be fine, I am playing on a 6770 at 1900x1200 with most settings high and 4x aa and its playing flawless.

Alright, so 5GB is the right size.

Does anyone know/understand why, when attempting to backup the game, it just downloads a bunch of odd files (I've never seen such before) with no Steam install/launch .exe etc per the usual when backing up games on Steam?

gold key worriers, apparently there is an ini file setting where you can give yourself up to 256. They are only purples though, not gold.

Got a gold pistol. The timing made me a bit suspicious.. it's a badass corrosion pistol that bursts when zoomed and is super accurate... and I found it right before I had to kill lots of robots. So of course 1 burst each and they were dead. Not complaining, just find the timing odd.

I'm a lv 14 gunzerker, his ability is nice. Not only do you get to dual wield guns but it gives you ammo and health regen and damage mitigation. I had to toggle autoswitch on the menu to get it to feel right, it makes the left mouse click fire the left gun and the right mouse to the right gun.

Dual shotgun is funny in gunzerker mode.

But yeah, I mostly use it to regen health between battles.

About level 8 or so as Commando...really like the turret, even with the standard cooldown it feels like you can get it out there fast enough to use it effectively every battle. Plus the ability to recall it is awesome.

Played for about 2.5 hours with the GF tonight, she went Siren (of course :p). We didn't play much BL1 together but so far she likes BL2 a lot more. The ammo sharing is really nice.

is it me , or guns are harder to get a hold of in the beginning? my guns SUCKS

is it me , or guns are harder to get a hold of in the beginning? my guns SUCKS

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I've gotten some REALLY powerful shotguns, but all of the assault rifles I've found (and most of the pistols) have been complete shit.

I don't know what it is but it seems Captain Flyn and the area after that (going to Sancturary) the difficulty ramps WAY up.

I got my ass kicked soooooooo hard.

I had not died once up to that point, but I died over 8 times since then. It seems like those adult bollywogs or whatever are kicking me ass. All my shields/guns have been "meh" so far.

Heh, just asked a bunch of ex-WOW guildies if they were playing, and they're all playing on consoles. I just made the comment of "FPS on consoles, really?" and the response was:

Jesus...I understand preference in gaming styles, but to not understand the inherent mechanical advantages... :(

People who are into consoles , are just into them. You could show them BF3 running on 6 monitors at some crazy resolution at 60+ fps and they would rather play a 720p lesser port of BF3 on their 50 inch LCD.

Unless you as a person can truly appreciate the differences , then they will continue to not give a fuck.

I've tried this with lots of ex-WoW guild members. Most of them however do play things like LoL , DOTA2 and D3. So its not entirely lost on them. In all honesty I think they are cheap bastards that like consoles because the introduction cost is lower.

re: zer0

like other immature games, the less-obvious class designs are more broken. but lets note this: even though there are no melee weapons to pick up and the controls suck, there ARE ranged weapons that provide +melee damage and replace your sword animation. so gearbox sort of got close.

So far I think I've seen only +50% melee weapons, no more, no less. I think I may up the difficulty from normal to hard, just smashing through stuff right now at level 16. Found an amazing purple rocket launcher...not only did it do 1600 dmg at level 12, when you reload it sends another guided rocket at your enemy...ridonkulous but so much fun! :D Although it made the next few bosses a bit cheesy, between the OP rocket launcher and the huge damage bonus of deception, it would take 2 shots.

i dont know if this was posted or if you guys already know.

Here's a tip, got me a ton of damn good items:

After each mission, head back to sanctuary and walk around the town looking for some guy named Michael , he looks like some badass cowboy with guns on his back and stuff.

He will give you a blue/purple weapon. Repeatable, but he spawns randomly in sanctuary after each quest/mission.

I know that he spawns at:
-The news stand
-1st level of the headquarters
-place where you buy stuff using eridium
-moxxi's
-claptraps stash/hangout
-in scooters warehouse
-dr. zeds area
-marcus' gun shop

Here is what he looks like and how he does his stuff:

16RfB

items scale with your current level, and are usually better than what you've got ;)

happy farming (if you can call it that? it's really just a bonus thing)

After each mission, head back to sanctuary and walk around the town looking for some guy named Michael , he looks like some badass cowboy with guns on his back and stuff.

Here's a little backstory about the character... Just another reason why Gearbox are so awesome..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/17/gearbox-details-deceased-fans-role-in-borderlands-2

On another note, as other folks have mentioned in this thread, it's kinda weird that there is a distinct lack of dismemberment in BL2. Not a major gripe since the gameplay is totally solid and the PhysX effects make up for it to a certain degree, but seems weird they would remove it considering how prevalent it was in BL1.

Also, I'm stoked that I can max out the graphics options @ 2560x1600 on a single 680gtx with PhysX on high. I really wasn't expecting that! The game is really well optimized! Looking forward to playing some more over the weekend in between Torchlight 2.

Good time to be a gamer :D

Did you pre-order? You should've gotten golden guns to help you at the start, also check the vending machines often.

For anyone who started playing the first day, the DLC was messed up and didn't work. By the time the DLC items showed up for me, I was level 11, and they were by far the worst things I had in my inventory. They would have been really nice to have before I got to Sanctuary...

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I've gotten some REALLY powerful shotguns, but all of the assault rifles I've found (and most of the pistols) have been complete shit.

I've got the opposite going. I've got two AR's that are my most powerful weapons. I've also got a badass sniper rifle and grenade launcher. A few pistols and smgs have been decent, but nothing that can compete with the other stuff i've got. I've yet to pick up a shotgun worth using.

i haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time. had a blast playing tonight and decided to take a break and it was already 4am

I love this game so far, and my laptop, i7 2860QM, 16GB, Quadro 2000M 2GB, handles this game maxed out 1920x1080 resolution. I love this game, very VERY nicely optomized.

Got a gold pistol. The timing made me a bit suspicious.. it's a badass corrosion pistol that bursts when zoomed and is super accurate... and I found it right before I had to kill lots of robots. So of course 1 burst each and they were dead. Not complaining, just find the timing odd.

Dual shotgun is funny in gunzerker mode.

But yeah, I mostly use it to regen health between battles.

I think I got the same one at level 2, used it to level 10, but havn't found a gold since. (level 25 or 26 now) :p

For anyone who started playing the first day, the DLC was messed up and didn't work. By the time the DLC items showed up for me, I was level 11, and they were by far the worst things I had in my inventory. They would have been really nice to have before I got to Sanctuary...

even at level 1 the golden guns were meh...I was given a machine gun and a SMG and the SMG was completely worthless from the get go.

So I finally made it to sanctuary and wandered around doing stuff and quit. Spawned back in game and saw a chest in front of me. I saw that it was indented in the top and round like the most common chest in BL1 so I went ahead and opened it. Then saw an indicator I hadn't seen yet. A small yellow key on the right side of my screen went from 1 to 0. SHIT! I am level 8 and have just opened my chest with good weapons in it by mistake and picked them up because they were purple! Hmm...alt f4 to quit without saving...
Come back in game and check my inventory and sweet, no purple weapons, that must have worked! Walk over to the chest to see if its labeled "SUPER GOOD WEAPONS IN HERE DON'T OPEN UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT THESE BECAUSE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO OPEN THIS AGAIN" and nothing. It was yellow that I just didnt even notice. But then I see the icon for my yellow key, and it says 0. By alt f4ing, I lost the guns, AND the key to open the chest at a later level which was my plan originally. SHIT!!!

Oh well I guess lol

I finally came across a bandit that had a leg blown off (my first in what, 12 hours of playing so far?) Meant to grab it in a screenshot but didn't have the Steam overlay for some stupid reason so I couldn't. If it is actually working as intended, it seems the dismemberment rate may really been toned down which is rather disappointing. Kinda hoping someone can mod that to fix.

I'm somehow glitched so that every time I join my friends coop game I get another golden key, awesome.

I went to level 10 last night with Zero. I love Sniper so really my only choice. Starting off was rought especially with 3+ guys and starting weapons. ONce I got my first Sniper rifle from a quest things seemed to get alot better. Zero's hologram and sniping seem to go hand in hand.

I am disappointed with no sword animation but I only melee if necessary. I absolutely love all the customizations to your character (Yes even though you only see the hands minus vehicle entry / exit).

I do not regret purchasing this and having fun. I got to Sanctuary and did a couple quests in there. Just need to get with some folks and try out Co-op.

Just need to get with some folks and try out Co-op.

See this is the only thing that bugs me - I would be all over COOP like a fly on shit, but without instanced loot I only really feel OK playing with friends (I don't want to sprint to every box at the expense of someone else..). To align schedules these days can be impossible...I really wish the loot was instanced.

So I finally made it to sanctuary and wandered around doing stuff and quit. Spawned back in game and saw a chest in front of me. I saw that it was indented in the top and round like the most common chest in BL1 so I went ahead and opened it. Then saw an indicator I hadn't seen yet. A small yellow key on the right side of my screen went from 1 to 0. SHIT! I am level 8 and have just opened my chest with good weapons in it by mistake and picked them up because they were purple! Hmm...alt f4 to quit without saving...
Come back in game and check my inventory and sweet, no purple weapons, that must have worked! Walk over to the chest to see if its labeled "SUPER GOOD WEAPONS IN HERE DON'T OPEN UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT THESE BECAUSE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO OPEN THIS AGAIN" and nothing. It was yellow that I just didnt even notice. But then I see the icon for my yellow key, and it says 0. By alt f4ing, I lost the guns, AND the key to open the chest at a later level which was my plan originally. SHIT!!!

Oh well I guess lol

There's 2 ways to get more keys. Legitimate and illegitimate.

I knew there would be cheats and stuff, but I am very disappointed that the $25 bucks or whatever I spent on the "Season Pass" for all the expansions can be activated, without paying anything, via a single ini file in less time that it took for me to type this out.

I knew there would be cheats and stuff, but I am very disappointed that the $25 bucks or whatever I spent on the "Season Pass" for all the expansions can be activated, without paying anything, via a single ini file in less time that it took for me to type this out.
and you actually think people are going to get the DLCs for free if they do that? :rolleyes:

I got to play for a few hours last night, and I think the experience was a little soured by the fact that my friend was rushing like an a-hole to every quest (he stayed up for 11 hours the night before, playing with someone else). Now he wants to skip every single side quest and just rush. I remember in BL1 I didn't rush at all with another friend, we took it really slow, and I almost want to say I enjoyed BL1 more...but we'll see how it goes.

Physx effects are pretty cool, I like the fact that there is cloth everywhere wafting realistically in the wind, and the Boom/Bewm boss fight had a TON of debris on the floor moving around and flying up into the air with the chaos, that was definitely very epic.

I'm somehow glitched so that every time I join my friends coop game I get another golden key, awesome.

LOL not a bad glitch, though it might unbalance it a bit for you. The really seemed to have botched the whole Golden key implementation.

I went to level 10 last night with Zero. I love Sniper so really my only choice. Starting off was rought especially with 3+ guys and starting weapons. ONce I got my first Sniper rifle from a quest things seemed to get alot better. Zero's hologram and sniping seem to go hand in hand.

I am disappointed with no sword animation but I only melee if necessary. I absolutely love all the customizations to your character (Yes even though you only see the hands minus vehicle entry / exit).

I do not regret purchasing this and having fun. I got to Sanctuary and did a couple quests in there. Just need to get with some folks and try out Co-op.

How many hours for level 10? I am seeing lower levels than I would expect. Maybe it's just because I am nuts, but I was estimating getting to around early twenties in the first session. Of course there is more dialogue and novelty to feast on, so leveling up takes longer.

Did you find the sound level of the melee attack very loud? Some are saying its too loud compared to every other sound, especially on headphones.

Back