The official "clean desktop" club.

Aww.. it's not? xD Everyone always says that to me :< I think it's clean.. In my opinion clean just means it's organized and there isn't useless crap all over the place xD Everything is in it's place..... Bah, fine you're right :p

Haha, sorry man. I'm sure we all have our own definitions of clean, but personally I believe the entire desktop (including visible apps/gadgets/etc) should all flow together. You're icons and stuff are all kinds of colors not to mention the sailormoon background. I'm not saying conform to something uber simple like stoptheradios or someone elses, but there are ways to make it "clean" and still have your own personal flare, ya know? No offense or anything, just constructive criticism :D

Haha, sorry man. I'm sure we all have our own definitions of clean, but personally I believe the entire desktop (including visible apps/gadgets/etc) should all flow together. You're icons and stuff are all kinds of colors not to mention the sailormoon background. I'm not saying conform to something uber simple like stoptheradios or someone elses, but there are ways to make it "clean" and still have your own personal flare, ya know? No offense or anything, just constructive criticism :D

Haha okay I totally know what you mean, don't worry ;) Maybe I should finally give my desktop and docks a makeover afterall :x I mean... the only thing that's changed since June 29, 2008 is my wallpaper heh. This is what it originally looked like.. At least the rainbow icons matched the wallpaper.
rbwp3.jpg

Wow.. last June? It's been that long since I posted that wallpaper in this thread? Omg time is just flying! I want a new wallpaper.. but.. the Sailormoon one is just gorgeous :x And I just can not find another 1920x1200 good quality Sailormoon wallpaper :( I've searched the internets and have found nothing :(

..Good thing I'm a girl, or else I would think you should all be a bit worried about my Sailormoon infatuation ;x

Haha okay I totally know what you mean, don't worry ;) Maybe I should finally give my desktop and docks a makeover afterall :x I mean... the only thing that's changed since June 29, 2008 is my wallpaper heh. This is what it originally looked like.. At least the rainbow icons matched the wallpaper.

Wow.. last June? It's been that long since I posted that wallpaper in this thread? Omg time is just flying! I want a new wallpaper.. but.. the Sailormoon one is just gorgeous :x And I just can not find another 1920x1200 good quality Sailormoon wallpaper :( I've searched the internets and have found nothing :(

..Good thing I'm a girl, or else I would think you should all be a bit worried about my Sailormoon infatuation ;x

You are seriously in the wrong thread! :eek:

BTW, Ratatat FTW!

You are seriously in the wrong thread! :eek:

BTW, Ratatat FTW!

Hehe.. Yeah, I guess I should stick to the PC screenshots thread instead :x Although, I really am in the mood for a complete revamp now... to an actual clean desktop ;) When I get one that actually looks clean and simple, I'll post it for you all to judge me, okay? ;D

Also, yes! Ratatat is amazing :) Seventeen Years is such a great song... actually, most of their songs are great :)

Girls on the internet are Guys In Real Life tehehe :)

Also, if you need any help or anything with doing up a clean desktop, dont hesitate to ask, most of us are really friendly when we're not calling people out. We can help get you the look you want. :D

although i have posted a screenshot a number of pages ago - the posters around here have really inspired me to put a bit more effort into my desktop

my laptop desktop (mostly rainmeter and rocketdock using):

HUD.Vision v2.0
(for system monitors on right side and winamp/foobar control)

Enigma
(for calendar and RSS feeds)

SGT Splicer's Pack HUD Enhancements (for modified CPU at top right and moon phase)

Splicer Pack HUD Weather by AccuWeather.com (this is the beta 2 version which i'm testing)

10-Foot HUD (for clock at top left - has been modified to change position, font and size)

Reflections DOCK (for rocketdock icons)

Stacks Docklet (for rocketdock stacks)

Link to Wallpaper
(sorry, only have it in 1440x900)

Last edited:
Awesome desktop FinalAura

I wanna go back to xp but I can't find my discs/keys :[
ss071609.jpg

I know I made mention about installing ls and stuff, but everything went to hell after that. Plugins didn't want to work, themes weren't working properly/at all, reverting back to explorer as the shell didn't want to work @_@
Did a system restore which still left some things broken, but I'm not too interested in reformatting at this point. Can't get some miranda plugins/skins working either, thus the default theme. It's alright though, I hardly use this for anything and without all the fancy stuff on, my netbook is running a bit smoother.

Last edited:
Awesome desktop FinalAura

I wanna go back to xp but I can't find my discs/keys :[
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4959/ss071609.jpg

I know I made mention about installing ls and stuff, but everything went to hell after that. Plugins didn't want to work, themes weren't working properly/at all, reverting back to explorer as the shell didn't want to work @_@
Did a system restore which still left some things broken, but I'm not too interested in reformatting at this point. Can't get some miranda plugins/skins working either, thus the default theme. It's alright though, I hardly use this for anything and without all the fancy stuff on, my netbook is running a bit smoother.

/me *shudders at the classic theme*

So.. SO ugly. :confused:

FinalAura: Haha, I was referring to myself, not you :)

Yeah, it's very ugly, but having anything above this taxes my netbook more than I would like and I can't find my discs/keys to downgrade back to xp :[

That said, it's not all that bad. I get on here and check a few forums and do a little chatting/twittering, so I don't worry about it too much.

cleaner.jpg

Okay I worked on it for hours today :x Is this clean to you guys? It's a huge change for me! Heh.. I can't find a good visual style or windowblinds skin though :( I end up not liking any of the ones I download :( Some of you have great ones though :eek:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Syribo/cleaner.jpg[IMG]

Okay I worked on it for hours today :x Is this clean to you guys? It's a huge change for me! Heh.. I can't find a good visual style or windowblinds skin though :( I end up not liking any of the ones I download :( Some of you have great ones though :o[/QUOTE]

Much MUCH better Syribo. Now you're pushing into clean territory :)
Any particular skins you liked but couldn't find?

Much MUCH better Syribo. Now you're pushing into clean territory :)
Any particular skins you liked but couldn't find?

Haha yay! I must admit, it is way more aesthetically pleasing than my last desktop heh :)

Oh there are a whole bunch of visual styles in this thread that I love and just can't find. I searched all over DevArt and customize.org! Let me go back and see which ones I liked in case someone knows what they are :)

Okay here are a few I really really like heh:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/Version_3/desktops/win_scr_1_18_09.png
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/johnspalding4/TWLOHAUnderoath.png

This this this especially: http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/too-boo-koo/screentwo.jpg
I think it's the same as this?: http://i33.tinypic.com/2cyn08w.jpg

Hmm, off the top of my head I'm unsure, but I'll take a look for them. I believe they said what theme it was in the posts following the shot though.

Okay I worked on it for hours today :x Is this clean to you guys? It's a huge change for me! Heh.. I can't find a good visual style or windowblinds skin though :( I end up not liking any of the ones I download :( Some of you have great ones though :eek:

MUCH better looking desktop! So much so that i want that wallpaper! haha.

You also, instead of using Window Blinds, you should use Vista Glazz, and then find a theme on deviantart.com. I used to use Window Blinds, but it's kinda...meh. Having the theme applied, just like a normal windows theme, makes for a faster and cleaner interface!

MUCH better looking desktop! So much so that i want that wallpaper! haha.

You also, instead of using Window Blinds, you should use Vista Glazz, and then find a theme on deviantart.com. I used to use Window Blinds, but it's kinda...meh. Having the theme applied, just like a normal windows theme, makes for a faster and cleaner interface!

I remember trying Vista Glazz a lonnng time ago.. well, back when I first built this computer and installed Vista. I ended up having to go back to a restore point because I couldn't get into Windows due to Vista Glazz related errors/BSODs/etc. :< I wonder if it will be okay now?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Syribo/1247685604131.jpg
There you go ;) :D

I always used Tuneup Utilities for my skin changing. I used the other tools that come with it as well, so it was worth the $15 or so that I paid for a key.

I remember trying Vista Glazz a lonnng time ago.. well, back when I first built this computer and installed Vista. I ended up having to go back to a restore point because I couldn't get into Windows due to Vista Glazz related errors/BSODs/etc. :< I wonder if it will be okay now?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Syribo/1247685604131.jpg
There you go ;) :D

Thanks!

It's been fine for me for the past 2years now. without a service pack, with sp1 and with sp2

Syribo... here's the two styles you were looking at...

Transblack v1
and
Aquos 2

and I also have that carbon fiber style striped wallpaper if you want... as a matter of fact, I think that screenshot you linked to was mine... if not, I've had mine exactly like that before :D

Vista Glazz works fine for me, there's 2 versions... one for Vista SP1 and one for pre SP1 installation.

P.S. the two styles you were searching for are my two most favorites... the look great overall with a good amount of wallpapers... I actually keep going back to Transblack no matter what, looks good with most everything in my opinion.
Your new desktop setup looks really nice though.

Last edited:
Haha yay! I must admit, it is way more aesthetically pleasing than my last desktop heh :)

Oh there are a whole bunch of visual styles in this thread that I love and just can't find. I searched all over DevArt and customize.org! Let me go back and see which ones I liked in case someone knows what they are :)

Okay here are a few I really really like heh:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/Version_3/desktops/win_scr_1_18_09.png
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/johnspalding4/TWLOHAUnderoath.png

This this this especially: http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u349/too-boo-koo/screentwo.jpg
I think it's the same as this?: http://i33.tinypic.com/2cyn08w.jpg

So, i just saw this, the "TWLOHAUNDEROATH" one is my desktop....and just like Toobookoo listed above, it's Transblack.

I used Vistaglazz to patch my system, and the put the folder for the theme in:Computer-> C:/ -> Windows -> Resources-> Themes

Need some help here.... grabbed the splicer pack for the weather deal, and I can not seem to find the ini file to figure out how to configure the damn thing.... All I'm getting here is a line with "N/A" under it... and occasionally it launches, but it shows infos for Santa Fe.

I'm not in Santa Fe.

EDIT....

Um.. figured it out.

Last edited:
I don't understand this thread. So all you do is hide windows icons is call a "clean desktop"?

its more like alternative ways of getting to your apps while keeping the desktop clean, and in some cases still haveing access to any and all information one could want, but with out it being intrusive

desktop-2.jpg

dirty.jpg

its more like alternative ways of getting to your apps while keeping the desktop clean, and in some cases still haveing access to any and all information one could want, but with out it being intrusive.

Meh...Majorly people are just posting their desktop/wallpaper without the desktop icons. The only interesting posts are people who are using dock, rainmeter and whatever to modify their desktop to keep it clean and unique. But majorly people are just posting, "hey, here's my wallpaper".

Back