The Official DC parts swap thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could use sme PC133 RAM, either 256 or 512, just pm me.
Gotta get my final box up.

I need a socket 7 processor for my laptop thats over 333 mhz....probably a k6-2.....pms accepted.

Thanks

-Josh

just a thought...perhaps we should give folding names when we make a request for parts, since this is a thread about swapping parts for DCers.

If anyone has some spare pc 100 ram...

i need a stick to get another computer up and folding... preferabally 128mb+

I need a 19 volt, 3.16 amp laptop power adapter, and a 128 mb stick of pc 100 ram for my laptop....its a compaq presario 1245

OK, just lost previous post.... Argh. Anyway, short and sweet. Salvaged Compaq Presario 7470. Need stick of compatible PC100 (128 MB, methinks) to bring it back to life for the [H]orde. If you have some to spare, it'd be appreciated, otherwise, this heap is going to the curb.

<<<The link here is to my dumbass stats calendar. Look and laugh, please!

I have a fresh from RMA MSI KT400 based motherboard sitting at home doing nada, along with of course a 380watt Antec PSU and a few computer cases, ram, hard drives, heatsinks, etc etc.

Does anyone have any socket A CPUs kicking around, preferably 266FSB? The ram i have is only 266 so a 333 would be a waste. I'm willing to pay for it so i figured a folder would cut me a better deal since its going to be home folding and setup to slave out shares in P2P networks.

my stats for review...

just switched from SETI after many years of service, moving on to a better cause, rebuilding some PCs for the new interest.

Anyone have a dual slot 1 mb, my soldering of the mb power connector didn't work like I expected. I can desolder all great, but I can't hold my hand straight for awhile as I try to solder something.

Well, as you may know hard forum went down for a bit, as I was gone doing things. I am currently working on my own forum site, trying to get a dc forum up and running, just in case the forums go down again and we don't have a place to chat. I will be constantly working on multiple computers at the school and working on my tech forums.

For somee reason i some how deleted my pm's.... So if your the guy that gave me that heatsink, thanks VERY much and do you want me to paypal or mo the shipping? cuz i noticed it was like 6 bucks. also if you guys want meh folding name its just like my [H] name.

oh P.S i have a old hd not shure the GB on it, i guess i can look later.
-I also have random small parts.... if u need a small part i probaly can get it to you... even if its a HD activity light, i probaly have it.

I'm looking for
A) Powersupplies anything with a ATX connector works...even if its dead I can use the connector to split power to power 2 mobo's.

B) Socket A(oldies..have a 750 Duron and a 800 Athalon) and a little bit of RAM for each

C) 2 GB hard drive or so...or a copy of overclockix-The torrent is taking like 5 days and isnt going...

D) Network Cable...dont need anything longer than 6 foot.

I have tons of random stuff, but most of it is older because I cant afford to buy new folding gear :(

My stats are under the name MDC
(I know a large portion of them were returned with no team name...F@H was messed and didnt send to 33)

Anyone have a spare stick of pc100 ecc memory that they have laying around?

From your friends in: Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, We have sent a present to people up from Harrisburg to Albany, NY. Packaged by mother nature and shipping free.

Present in form of 18- 24 inches of snow heading your direction and a bonus of sleet and ice. With a sprinkle of cold temps.

Guys up in New York and other states, you now have an excuse to increase your output in folding.

I was trying to make the [H] in form of chunks of snow outside, but it got cold quickly so I have only half of it completed.

I've got a 256 and a 128, both pc133... would they work?

edit: nm not ecc.

Define Ecc: Error Correction Code. That link describes it more.

Just got in one of my processors. A 700mhz 2mb cache P3 Xeon processor, I'm going to open the box to see the processor spec, so I can get the other three processors for my quad machine.
I might as well ask this, I am planning to run nt4.0 workstation on this machine once I get it completed. I know this is a silly question and don't see the answer looking here in the dc forum. Can I run folding@home on Nt4.0?

Oh, Scorp- your processors finally left today. I put them in a used Thermalright box. You should receive same by Wed. 12/29. Sorry about the delay. :(

im looking for a socket 478 cpu of any sort, the faster the better ;)

i have a bunch of older sdram (pc66 and pc100) lying around, i doubt its ecc tho

u_Bodega

I have a bunch of stuff here

I need to get rid of it. Not much recent stuff but if anyone is interested most of it is priced just to cover shipping.

Thanks for the update Kunsunoke, I am in the basement of the house reformating a machine to install windows 2000, well it looks like my version2 of the belkin 802.11g pci card doesn't support 2003 server. It is cold as crap in the basement, so I have a heater to keep me warm till I complete this.

Looks like the processors will be in my netserver, the dual slot 1 mb that I was resoldering on a good mb power connector went down the tubes. Well it also looks like the quad server is on hold for the moment, trying to rebuild my saving account, the dentist bills are insane.

I am ripping off the front of the quad unit and redo it. It just looks fugly, proves that not being patience makes things look like crap.

I'll be in the basement till midnight, hoping it don't take this long.

My father bought me small business edition 2003 server for christmas. It seems that some of my dual systems can wireless network while some have to take xp pro to get it to work.
I would also like to note the board did work even with a burnt mb power connector.

I must have pleased the computer Gods, my dual tyan slot 1 mb works and it see's the pair of 450mhz slot 1 processors. Now onto getting an OS on it.

Thanks Kunsunoke for the processors, they arrived today. Hey Veeb0rg, how are parts working out for you, have you gotten your proliant 800 running?

If anyone has a socket 370 board laying around I've got a lonely 600MHz thats a virgin to overclocking, and I want to bust that cherry.;)

Also, I'm in the process of buying a 2500+ AXP-M, if anyone has a socket A board laying around that they wouldn't mind donating (or otherwise) to the cause.

I've got everything I need for a couple complete systems, just no motherboards to complete them.

I've got a K6-2 with a 350MHz processor and HSF if anyone wants to pay the shipping and electric bill. I believe the max OC the board will take is 550, but I've never used the board or processor so its not guaranteed.

I have everything to build one more boxen except the Mobo and the cpu don't match. I have a Mobo that will only do 200fsb and doesn't post with the CPU which is 266fsb, checking out the build pile i could get two more boxen up if I could find a AMD cpu that is 200 fsb, and if i had an AMD mobo with the ability to do 266 i have everything to build it also. that is not including the cases which eventually they will have to be in, I need it in a SDRAM pc133, as everything i have is pc133 except the ram for the 200FSB mobo.

UPDATE: I spent the day on testing the parts and the mobo is dead, it does not read any cpu, all of which work in other boxes.

SO i am lookin for a mobo that will run at 266fsb and uses pc133 Sdram,

Anyone want to do some trading of parts to get this up, I have a couple of small hard drives @3Ghz and a couple of cd-roms, a 4 port kvm with cables, a two port A-B Switch for printers with cables, a four port USB Switch, to hook four computers to run one printer. A linksys 4 port KVM with out any cables, due to the ends being M-F and the only extra cables I have are M-M which is why they are on the other KVM.

PM me with offers of trades, or if you have an AMD Mobo with 266FSB that will take an Athlon 1.33 Chip for a very reasonable amount. Overclockable preferred
:D

I am still pondering away with figuring out what os to put on this dual slot1 system. But I know, posting this item that is on ebay I might get into trouble for it.

I was looking at it and saying, this we gotta buy this machine and have it run folding at home. If someone wants to pay the $600 something on shipping. It is worth it, the machine is a Cray supercomputer just taken out of service. So anyone living around California and wants to help us in folding, this machine will push us over the top in beating the aussies.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64031&item=5741362864&rd=1

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Scorpionjwp said:
Hey Veeb0rg, how are parts working out for you, have you gotten your proliant 800 running?

I've been to busy to mess with it, between work, side work, and my car's transmission blowing up.. i've been really cramped for time

Well, I jsut got 4 new motherboards in the mail, 3 socket 7, one slot 1.

I have a 333 mhz PII(slot1), , so i am looking for 3 socket7 cpus. Also, if anyone has an extra PSU it would help a lot to get these running.

DSC00138.JPG

edit: posted pic of new mobos

Edit: I am exceptionally dumb thinkin socket 7 and 370 were interchangable. Now i have a bunch of socket 7 boards and nothing to plug into and actually doing something.

Woot New parts came in

Some fun pic's:

top.jpg

roomside.jpg

6 new mobos, 4 PS's, some useless ram, a hard drive rack, some small HDs, fans, graphic and LAN cards for mobos, 4x cd burner, tons of IDE cables, and some ambition.

Biggest need is for some socket 7 procs.
I'm also looking for a bit of pc100-133 ram for these boards to get them to atleast 128mb each. Also, cdroms or small HD are needed.

I NEED A COPY OF KNOPPIX F@H version! Every attempt to dload it has gone bad for me.

I've maxed out my small budget for now, but I should have these machines going soon.

I could use a stock p4 hsf if anyone has one layin around.. i got a p4 with mobo layin here waiting to fold with nothing to cool it with as i'm an AMD guy mostly..

Veeb0rg said:
I could use a stock p4 hsf if anyone has one layin around.. i got a p4 with mobo layin here waiting to fold with nothing to cool it with as i'm an AMD guy mostly..
I actually have a thermaltake p4 hsf you could have... I'm in MD too (Laurel) so if you want to pick it up, that could be arranged.

Or you could give it to me... I promise it a good home, and it WILL fold. :D

rusek said:
I NEED A COPY OF KNOPPIX F@H version! Every attempt to dload it has gone bad for me.
Overclockix? I could mail you a disk, I guess... PM me with address if you're interested. Now I just have to find some CD mailers...

I could also probably upload it to an ftp or something, but that's gonna be relatively slow.

unhappy_mage said:
I actually have a thermaltake p4 hsf you could have... I'm in MD too (Laurel) so if you want to pick it up, that could be arranged.

Overclockix? I could mail you a disk, I guess... PM me with address if you're interested. Now I just have to find some CD mailers...

I could also probably upload it to an ftp or something, but that's gonna be relatively slow.

Yes, if you could mail it to me that'd be great.

Or you can upload it to a FTP if you have a relatively fast ISP...

anyone what to hook a brother up with a cd-rom drive for just the cost of shipping? I don't care how fast it is, I just need to load windows so that I can get a comp running....1.2 ghz for the [h]orde....

rusek said:
Yes, if you could mail it to me that'd be great.

Or you can upload it to a FTP if you have a relatively fast ISP...
I have neither a fast ISP or an FTP site, unfortunately. PM me with your physical address, please.

if anyone has server2k3.. ;) i could double my number of folding clients on a few machines here. i would use linux but i have very little exp in that department

u_Bodega

unhappy_mage said:

its already in a good home.. :)

ygpm about the hsf..

I've got the following items for donation, if someone pays shipping.

1 Gainward 5VPA mobo, socket-7. 1 memory slot has a missing clip, but the other 2 slots look okay. Drivers have been a real dog to locate, so I don't want it.

1 Socket 478 cheapo aluminum heasink and fan
1 PCI NIC card, have drivers on floppy (Win XP recognized it though)
1 PC 10 SDRAM 32 MB
1 floppy drive, no faceplate

I also have a working mobo and processor that I'd trade for. XP 1900 + Biostar M7VKQ, with 128MB RAM, if I recall correctly. It was a faithful folder for nearly 3 years, and had no issues, but I got a new machine, and need to move my slowest one out, due to wanting to keep the electric bill in check. I'd trade for maybe a 2-port router, a 4-port KVM switch and cables, or some memory (could use a PC100 256MB stick or two, maybe 256-512MB of PC2700 for my spare gaming system)...

***successful trade for Xp1900 and mobo. Still have the other stuff.

bpimmerman said:
anyone what to hook a brother up with a cd-rom drive for just the cost of shipping? I don't care how fast it is, I just need to load windows so that I can get a comp running....1.2 ghz for the [h]orde....

hmmm... i used to have a spare 12x cd-rom drive... don't know if it works anymore, heck, don't even know if i still have it (had it at my father's trailer and he just recently moved into a house... i'm not sure if he threw it out or not)

the only possible problems with it would be it being dead... i took it out of a dead packard bell, but the drive itself was fine. however, after removing it, i realized i'd left a cd in it. my solution? take the drive apart, on the cheap fuzzy tweed couch, with the circuit board down. i did get the cd out, but i have no way of knowing if it still runs.

if i still have it (i'll email my father and see) and you want it, i'll see if i can get it to you. but plz understand that there is a very solid chance that it's a doorstop.

EDIT: one other thing folks... i've got a shuttle comp i'm gonna have folding soon as i get it back from being rma'd (i don't know what's wrong but i don't have the $$$ to fix it myself) and i'm looking for a black floppy drive to put in it.

starhawk said:
if i still have it (i'll email my father and see) and you want it, i'll see if i can get it to you. but plz understand that there is a very solid chance that it's a doorstop.

i sent him one starhawk, no worries.
u_DR_K13

w00t. that means i don't have to tear up my junk bin with the snow shovel after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back