The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Well i still don't know which class to play lol. Got a guardian to level 11. And a engy and ele to lv 4. How's the engy fair in pvp? Like wvwvw?

I am having a great time with this game right now. If you're remotely interested, I would ignore the naysayer (GT) and buy the game. I really don't think you'll regret it.

Much like when someone makes threads when a new (old) COD games comes out someone has always gotta keep on it till the thread gets locked, seems like that's what a certain person wants here too ;).

I hit lvl 21 this morning and I gotta say that while it may not be the most advanced game or really bring much of anything new to the table, it is some of the most fun I have had in an MMO in a LONG time. I went to lvl 19 before I even spent any trait points, lol. I havent done any crafting as of yet so maybe I'll try some of that next.

It's definitely got its issues. I'm simply flabbergasted at how badly GW2 - an MMO in 2012, mind you - handles grouping. I finally got through the story mission I was stuck on through sheer luck - I got stuck in the dredge digger, but I was able to hit it, so I got through that portion of the quest without taking damage. But I still ended the fight in a downed state. I tried several times to group with others to complete it but every time, they were never able to end up in the instance with me.

And FFS ArenaNet, fix the damn trading post already. It's long past ridiculous. There's literally NO other mechanism by which to trade in the game, other than mailing someone your item or money and hoping they're honest enough to complete their end of the bargain.

It's definitely got its issues. I'm simply flabbergasted at how badly GW2 - an MMO in 2012, mind you - handles grouping. I finally got through the story mission I was stuck on through sheer luck - I got stuck in the dredge digger, but I was able to hit it, so I got through that portion of the quest without taking damage. But I still ended the fight in a downed state. I tried several times to group with others to complete it but every time, they were never able to end up in the instance with me.

And FFS ArenaNet, fix the damn trading post already. It's long past ridiculous. There's literally NO other mechanism by which to trade in the game, other than mailing someone your item or money and hoping they're honest enough to complete their end of the bargain.
That's the biggest gripe my guild-mates and I have is the grouping, it flat out sucks in it's current state. I definitely agree about the TP. To bad that once it does get fixed it's going to get swamped bad, lots of people saving tons of items for it. But it will be good for those looking to buy as prices should be quite low because of the amount of items being put up in the first couple of days after it getting fixed.

You people are the ones who are flinging mud 24/7, I'm sticking to the facts as I have been. GW2 is competing with WOW of today and other titles, not 8-years-ago WOW or other MMO's that weren't even launched yet ;).

What do you mean by you people ;)

I agree about the grouping it is beyond terrible. I see no reason to group at all when I can just do the same things with whoever is in the area. I like this game but maybe there's a reason the holy trinity of tank healer & dps still exist in most MMOs. It sure makes grouping more necessary.

I really don't get the fight after you die system. I'd fight a guy, Rally, kill whoever I was fighting and have like half hp and then all of a sudden I die. Can someone shed light on this for me?

I agree about the grouping it is beyond terrible. I see no reason to group at all when I can just do the same things with whoever is in the area. I like this game but maybe there's a reason the holy trinity of tank healer & dps still exist in most MMOs. It sure makes grouping more necessary.

I really don't get the fight after you die system. I'd fight a guy, Rally, kill whoever I was fighting and have like half hp and then all of a sudden I die. Can someone shed light on this for me?

you sure its rally and not vengence?

That pisses me off to no end. Sometimes i don't die though, makes no sense to me so your not alone on that one.

If you are down (As a warrior) and push 3 for vengence or whatever, it puts you up but only for a limited time then you will die.

If you do not use vengence and actually kill the enemy you are fighting while downed (throwing rocks, etc) then you will "rally" and not die.

If you are down (As a warrior) and push 3 for vengence or whatever, it puts you up but only for a limited time then you will die.

If you do not use vengence and actually kill the enemy you are fighting while downed (throwing rocks, etc) then you will "rally" and not die.
Thank you for this explanation, make more sense now :). Here I was thinking it was just a random thing, lol.

So looks like borliss pass is full now too. Pf the available servers what's a good one to go to? Im actually on borliss but mt friend just got them game and we want to play together

So looks like borliss pass is full now too. Pf the available servers what's a good one to go to? Im actually on borliss but mt friend just got them game and we want to play together

Have him keep checking. It varies between full and heavy loads.

anyone else have problems logging today?

Tried logging in this morning, but it said I was on a different IP address. Ok, no big deal. Client said it sent a verification email. Never did get it, and now I can't log.

:(

Tried logging in this morning, but it said I was on a different IP address. Ok, no big deal. Client said it sent a verification email. Never did get it, and now I can't log.

I had this problem when I first did the email verification thing. Just gotta give it some time I guess, seems like they don't quite send out the email immediately.

Ha ha I decided to try the verification thing to see if it was working yet. Locked out of my account too!

Worked for me just fine. Had the email within seconds. Hopefully it is just taking longer than normal for you guys :(

Having a blast with the game. I've tried all the characters now except the Necro and the Elementalist. Thief has been the funnest and I finally got him into double digits a little bit ago. Time to hit up the SaF for an invite now I guess!

The first few times I tried it earlier today it didn't work.

Now it is instantaneous. Oh well, as long as it works hehe.

Wow...So our guild leader got banned for misconduct..Perma banned. No explanation, support is days out at least at this point.. Such bs. He has no idea what he's done to get perma banned.

Wow...So our guild leader got banned for misconduct..Perma banned. No explanation, support is days out at least at this point.. Such bs. He has no idea what he's done to get perma banned.

Get used to it. If you email support they do nothing but give you a canned reply days later. Thankfully my BS 72 hour ban just expired this very minute.

After reading this thread, I think i'm just gonna stay with D3....
Seeing as I, no joke, fell asleep at the keyboard playing D3, a literal snoozefest, but can not stop playing GW2, I think I made the right choice with where my time is being spent.

I'm sure he's COMPLETELY innocent of any kind of wrong-doing. :rolleyes:

Either that, or he was hacked, and his account used for some kind of nefarious purpose. I suppose that's a possibility as well.

Just checking back in,

The Shadow Hunter.5196
Lvl 16 Human Elementalist on Borlis Pass.

I figured out why i found the game such a bore at first: i was a Ranger. For anyone having trouble finding their place in the game, try out different classes and professions, it definitely saved my $80.

Hit me up with a clan invite, id be eager to join an [H] guild!

P.S- While fullscreen is nice, ive found the windowed version to be helpful when using AIM or other things. This windowed mode will be used much more from now on, i love it!

Has anyone done a dungeon yet? I have not been able to even enter the damn dungeon. Not sure if the dungeon is bugged, the party system is bugged, or the whole damn thing is bugged.

I'm sure he's COMPLETELY innocent of any kind of wrong-doing. :rolleyes:

Either that, or he was hacked, and his account used for some kind of nefarious purpose. I suppose that's a possibility as well.

Are you kidding me? Nobody did nothing. It's just like how you can walk into any prison and talk to inmates and everybody in there is innocent too.

[H] guild is on Borlis Pass? You guys are getting smoked by us (Tarnished Coast). Granted, this might be the first WvW we win... We are the unofficial RP server afterall. :p

Has anyone done a dungeon yet? I have not been able to even enter the damn dungeon. Not sure if the dungeon is bugged, the party system is bugged, or the whole damn thing is bugged.

I did one a couple days ago. You just have to try a few times. Make sure everyone is outside of the dungeon, and go in. Once one person goes in, everyone should get the pop-up. Doesn't matter if they are on overflow server or not either.

Probably sold some Pork n' Beans to the vendor.

Just got the game as a gift for my B-day :)

The game will not install :confused: I put Disc 1 into the cd drive, and it starts up for a second, then says "Download failed! Please check your internet connection and try again."

My internet works fine, why is it saying that ?

I figured out why i found the game such a bore at first: i was a Ranger. For anyone having trouble finding their place in the game, try out different classes and professions, it definitely saved my $80.

What is so bad about ranger?

YamahaAlex37 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric335

What is so bad about ranger?

notthing, i just personally found elementalist to be awesome. being a ranger bored me, for some reason

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Just got the game as a gift for my B-day :)

The game will not install :confused: I put Disc 1 into the cd drive, and it starts up for a second, then says "Download failed! Please check your internet connection and try again."

My internet works fine, why is it saying that ?

Just don't use the CDs.

Back