*** The Official [H]ard ORB ***

cornelious0_0 said:
Kick ass bro...I can hardly wait to see what you do to the 03 and 05 rankings. :)
I can't wait either. First pelt arrived dead as Mussolini, so had to do the RMA thing. Dangerden was nice enough to do the cross-in-the-mail thing. The new pelt comes today, as well as some seal string. :D

After that, I will try to run a water chiller I just bought on ebay for $35 through the cooling loop... :D

compactchiller.jpg

But today, I have to put new tires (33") on the Jeep. :(

good luck with the pelt/water chiller uclajd! i'm gonna need to vmod my card soon to keep up with you! that water chiller you bought looks really neat. how big is it exactly? can it fit inside a case?

jikdoc said:
good luck with the pelt/water chiller uclajd! i'm gonna need to vmod my card soon to keep up with you! that water chiller you bought looks really neat. how big is it exactly? can it fit inside a case?

Good call, kinda hard to tell....but you can assume that that's something like a 1/2 or 3/4" barb ontop and go from there....looks a little big to go IN a case. ;)

Well guys, my work schedule is about to take a drastic change due to a new position...so it looks like my precious bench time will be cut even more. I'll be on the road for about 2 weeks a month, which sucks.

I just placed an order with PC_ICE to build me a autocascade like he displayed at the ATi event, so if anyone wants or knows someone who is looking for a great single stage CPU cooler...I'm selling my Baker R22 unit. I'll probaly use my VapoChill for 24/7 use, and have it setup to use the autocascade for benching.

Keep up the great scores, I hope to make a few good runs before my schedule changes :(

Very nice to here about the Auto....that'd be fricken pimp man....too bad I've got NO cash to drop on your Baker. :(

Yeah, I just hope I can go from the Vapo 24/7 to the auto pretty easily. He uses the Vapo clamshell on his systems, so if I provide enough insulation from the start...it should be okay.

I've got a few guys interested in the cooler, so hopefully it will sell. If I can sell it, it will help pay for the new cooler.

VO_Nuclear said:
Yeah, I just hope I can go from the Vapo 24/7 to the auto pretty easily. He uses the Vapo clamshell on his systems, so if I provide enough insulation from the start...it should be okay.

I've got a few guys interested in the cooler, so hopefully it will sell. If I can sell it, it will help pay for the new cooler.

I wish you luck on your future endeavors....sounds like if this all works out it'll have one hell of an outcome. :)

Might as well post in this thread as well...

05:

105003dm059gh.jpg

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=615703

01:

34k8gi.jpg

FX55 @ 3.0Ghz
2*6800GTs at 395/1100 (probably 380/1100 for the '01 test - I can't remember).

That 05 score is about the most my system will pump out, unless there are some magical new drivers around the corner. I should be able to improve the '01 score by about another 1000 though. The 66.93 drivers give me better results for the first 3 tests than the 71.21s I ran that with, but the nature test is capped at 192fps throughout :confused:

I didn't submit to the ORB with the '01 score, as I was still just testing (haven't pushed it further)

What other drivers are good for '01?

I will - when I've finished messing around with it :p

I can't really do any benching at the moment though. My system is struggling for lack of power since I put this audigy2 and a couple more fans in (!), so it really must have been on the edge with this noisetaker 470W.

Never mind though - there's a PC Power and Cooling 510 SLi on its way next week :D

Arseface said:
Never mind though - there's a PC Power and Cooling 510 SLi on its way next week :D

Good to hear you're getting a quality PSU behind that machine of yours. :)

Also did 24,615 in 3dm03, little buggy detecting clocks though, it detected 401 core instead of 461

Too bad I got a crap fx or would've been higher. Just praying that WC arrives this weekend so I can get some real benches done ;)

Well, this 172W pelt isn't working out. Despite a Dual Black Ice Extreme and four (4) 120mm fans, under load this thing is over 20c on most benches (~30c ambient). So while I can improve some scores, I think an overclocked 800 XT PE just adds too much heat.

Never fear, as I have another top secret project cooking, and this one should be interesting. :D

uclajd said:
Well, this 172W pelt isn't working out. Despite a Dual Black Ice Extreme and four (4) 120mm fans, under load this thing is over 20c on most benches (~30c ambient). So while I can improve some scores, I think an overclocked 800 XT PE just adds too much heat.

Never fear, as I have another top secret project cooking, and this one should be interesting. :D
How high can you scale with pelt?

Lots of DFI's up there hope some more MSI owners enter I want to see how their new boards are performing

Glow said:
Lots of DFI's up there hope some more MSI owners enter I want to see how their new boards are performing
Tried neo4, but vcore maxed out @ 1.65V and it was a no go above 3.3Ghz on fx55.

centvalny said:
Tried neo4, but vcore maxed out @ 1.65V and it was a no go above 3.3Ghz on fx55.

Which is what I've been hearing a lot of lately....fact of the matter is that the DFI SLI-DR and Ultra-D are the boards to own right now.

That's exactly what I still wanted to know. I was able to hit 702MHz on my X800XT-PE with plain h2O and a ~40C load temp...I'd still be interested to see what a 20C load would warrant.

centvalny said:
What sucks is I can run a Riva test at 744 core, but the heat just goes up and up and up under real load. With a chiller this would be sweet, but I'd rather go phase - oops! Let the cat out of the bag there. :p

any idea what HeavyH2O's ram he's using on his msi sli board is?

G.Skill 4400 LE at 305 FSB 2.5-3-4-9. SiSandra was just a tick over 8000.

You sure it was 3-4-9? Only reason I ask is that usually people's RCD is higher then their RP.....same stuff I've got though.....what chips on yours? newer stuff?

Nice stuff ThomasE66, keep goin'. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
You sure it was 3-4-9? Only reason I ask is that usually people's RCD is higher then their RP.....same stuff I've got though.....what chips on yours? newer stuff?

Nice stuff ThomasE66, keep goin'. :D

With the nForce 4, the lower timing works better. It was different with the nForce 3 board, however.

Back