The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Blitzrommel
Yup :)
ohh. u were looking at the pic above.. haha.. the BIG closeup of the nic... Yea I take the good eye sigt comment back... :D

:p
want the full 5 megapixel pic? lol
I don't think I have the full sized one anymore though :(
I thought it was a cool pic that my boss took one day

Originally posted by Z3Px
My revised pics since i got a catalyst woooo

networksmall.jpg

Bigger Pic

by the way, that box on top of the catalyst is an ISDN modem/router, HA! it provides both internet connection and telephone connection to the whole house.

what kind of catalyst?

i'll give you $5 for the rack ears ;)

haha its a 1900 with both a 100baseTX and a 100baseFX
i wish i had some sort of optical something, like an optical ISDN modem, that would be Uber...

HHMM i dont know about the ears, i want to put that server thats sitting on its side in a rack-mount case, and put like a mini-rack in that closet.

Yes, who needs fibre anyway?

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Lanparty @ my place? ^^^
IMG_0500.jpg

Sounds better than it is ^^^

some pics of the eCafe im working at... ive been doing a lot of work with the owner with some other business ventures... maybe this will finally be it eh?

anyway, the pics :)

IMG_2557.jpg

net connection is full T1, you can see the CSU/DSU, the white box on the left... to the right is one of my linksys WAP11's, under that is a cisco 2501, and all of it is laying on one of my Accton CheetahSwitche's, SNMP managed with mrtg link at the bottom of the page

IMG_2558.jpg

mmm, messy wiring... he is going to let me clean this one day when we do some renovations in the back room... pair of 24 port patch panels, and 2x netgear 24 port switches, one has a gige copper module that goes to the file server... which is kinda dumb considering the uplink between the two switches is 100mbits but we are going to change this soon too hopefully...

IMG_2553.jpg

overview shot of the rack, we would have the servers in it but he never bolted it down... another thing on the "todo" list hehe

IMG_2583.jpg

my servers... the black one on the top left is a webserver, running NT4... the two dell's are gameservers, the left one is running 2k, right one is running debian, the little white machine is not there anymore, i was using it to test out running a halo server but i need something more powerful as the halo dedicated uses insane amounts of resources

IMG_2590.jpg

close up of the little door on the dells, you push this in to reveal the lock, very cool imo

IMG_2584.jpg

cant forget the NID hehe

Originally posted by draconius
where do you get that friggin kind of speed?!?!?!?!
/me wants :D

OOL gives you like 10/1

but if you use it or host a server you get capped at some insanely slow speed

i get that speed because people in my town use DSL or don't know what broadband is.. ;)

Originally posted by FLECOM
some pics of the eCafe im working at... ive been doing a lot of work with the owner with some other business ventures... maybe this will finally be it eh?

FLECOM... I'm curious about the eCafe you're doing work for right now. Do they have a website? Is it just a regular Internet Cafe? What city/state? What's the layout? Just gaming machines? What about for non-gamers? What kind of food/drinks do you guys have there?

I got millions more... can you PM or e-mail me???

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RavinDJ
FLECOM... I'm curious about the eCafe you're doing work for right now. Do they have a website? Is it just a regular Internet Cafe? What city/state? What's the layout? Just gaming machines? What about for non-gamers? What kind of food/drinks do you guys have there?

I got millions more... can you PM or e-mail me???

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

its in miami, www.cyblounge.com

its pretty much just gaming machines... food is like hotpockets and sodas, we arnt real big on food... non-gamers? well we have IE and aim and stuff....

layout is kinda screwey but there might be some more stuff on the website

Wher eis it locatede Flecom?
The site page doesn't give a city or state that I can see.
Might wanna mention that to whoever handles the page.

Originally posted by CyberSlave
Wher eis it locatede Flecom?
The site page doesn't give a city or state that I can see.
Might wanna mention that to whoever handles the page.

Miami=Florida

Anyway...

The new switch for my network:

at.jpg

Brand new Allied Telesyn AT-8326GB switch, wow that thing's nice. Just gotta pick up a pair of 1000SX Fiber GBICs and I'll be all set :)

A long time ago I posted pics of the home network, figured it was about time to show off the dorm-room network.

Set9_01.jpg

yeah, thats a cisco 7505, smart ups 900 (with remotely mounted batteries, they are not inside it) , and the amp for my tunes. Not shown is the freebsd router in the corner compleat with 14 scsi cd drives and 2 pII's at a whopping 350mhz.

i take it you are into audio ? what do you use all 14 cd drives for? burning / ripping cd's?

Originally posted by Frosty_axe
A long time ago I posted pics of the home network, figured it was about time to show off the dorm-room network.

Set9_01.jpg

yeah, thats a cisco 7505, smart ups 900 (with remotely mounted batteries, they are not inside it) , and the amp for my tunes. Not shown is the freebsd router in the corner compleat with 14 scsi cd drives and 2 pII's at a whopping 350mhz.
Damn you, ya stole my thunder (or lack thereof) hehe

I assume you use the CD drives for ripping?

The drives are all set up as shares (via samba) for general usage. None of them are really good enought to rip with. As to the intrest in audio, yeah, I'm really into it. Ive done quite a bit of production audio, rangeing from "head sound tech" on high-school musicals to working (smaller parts) of much larger public events.

As for the router, can anyone think of a dorm-room usage for and ATM OC-3 card? :D

/edit, if you look closely, you can see that i bumped the gains all out of place when racking the cisco, oops.

wellllll we could run some fiber form where you are to where i am, and make us a fast ass VPN over OC-3....but thats not very cost effective i guess :rolleyes:

Yea I was thinking about buying a couple of audio racks and mounting my two amps and cd player and everything into it, and then getting a couple 1U cases and having a very nice little portable audio setup, with the PC being my mixerboard and everything.

well, in all truth, its not an audio rack.. Its just maby 2ft of rack rail cut off an old 2post relay rack mounted in a 3/4" plywood enclosure. I'm auctually planning on pulling the ups out of the rack in the near future, and mounting my desktop in a 3 or 4u case, and my bsd router in a 2u case, so my dorm room computer/audio system can be moved from school to home easier.

Hi,

i´m following this "post pics of netw." thread a few month now, really interesting. I think finally i can contribute a post with a few pics of my network and from CeBIT `04 where i´ve been yesterday. :)

my Network (first posting)

###

some CeBIT stuff:

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.JPG

..continued..

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00019.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

DSC00023.JPG

DSC00049.jpg

don´t ask me any specs about these mashines pls :p

they´re just looking good and would nicely fill my complete room
:D

Pretty impressive :)

I know you don't know the specs (of what I'm assumming you meant for the last picture), but is it possible to post a short description about each picture?

That ASUS switch has some nice looks.

fabian, the switch you have labeled as a 24-port only has 16 ports. Unless there's 8 in the back I missed. :)

oh lol, my mistake. maybe i dreamed i have 24ports, it´s 16 like you see on the pic, you´re right :)

I wonder if anyone would notice me wheeling away those Sun Cabinets. :)

If anyone asked. I'd just say, "Maintenance"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back