The *Official* Post Pics Of Your Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
edicted said:
I'm gonna post some pics of the new office I spent my entire summer working on. Full of Panduit cable managers, Ortronics 48 port 2U angled patch panels, 450 work stations, a Cisco 4507, 14x 3550's, and a 7206 router. All are connected back to our DC with a 45MB DS3 and 2 ISDN PRIs for 3MB of ISDN backup. At our DC we have 12MB IMA running out to the AT&T cloud and we sit right on a SONNET ring. :p
wow. nice. looking forward to some pictures.

This is my home network. Not much, but enough for me! Captions are below the image they accompany.

network%20001.jpg

The 'core' of my network. I just got the PowerConnect today. I don't really *need* 16 ports, but after the MIR it came out to about $12 more than an 8-port Linksys home switch. The router is running Wifi-G only with no SSID broadcast and WAP. The modem is for Comcast cable (3Mbps/256Kbps). They still own it (but I don't pay the bill).

network%20002.jpg

My 'new' server, named "uh." Now being used as a server. 866Mhz P3, 51MB PC133, 160GB+80GB ATA/100, Windows Small Business Server 2003.

network%20003.jpg

My main desk/work area. Note the MCSE books and awesome Samsung laser printer (it was only $195 after MIR when it first came out).

network%20004.jpg

This is my laptop, an IBM T41 (named "zoom"). 1.6GHz Pentium M, 1GB DDR, 40GB HD, 16x CD-RW, a/b/g Wi-Fi, 10/100/1000 Ethernet. This thing rocks. I take it to school every day.

network%20005.jpg

My newest edition. Dell Dimension 4700 (named "zip," P4 3.4GHz with HT, 1GB DDR2, 80GB SATA, 48x CD-RW, 16x DVD-ROM, Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit, Radeon X300 (soon to be X800 once they are available in PCI-E).

network%20006.jpg

The head of the Dimension. Dell 1905FP 19" Flat Panel, wireless MS keyboard, wired MS mouse (don't ask, I'm weird). Sony MDR-V600 headphones (not too bad).

network%20007.jpg

This is a machine I took from my boss's son and have turned into a new home office machine for said boss. I'm waiting for a weekend to bring their current one over to install Quick Books and such. That 15" Samsung flat panel (rawks) is usually attached to my server. Also note the accounting homework and caclulus book.

network%20008.jpg

The boss's new machine. Athlon XP 1800+, 512MB DDR, 40GB boot drive and 2x 40GB in RAID-1 with an external ZIP for backup. Not to mention one of those VeloCD's that were so popular a year ago.

network%20009.jpg

Said flat panel. It's only 1024x768, but it is very light and has the power supply built in. It is great to carry to work if I need to troubleshoot a server or something.

network%20010.jpg

This is the parent's computer (named "rent"). Just a P3 866Mhz, 256MB PC133, 20GB HD. Nothing too special.

network%20011.jpg

The carcass of an old register computer from work. Note how it makes a great printer stand. It's for this reason I haven't become motivated enough to actually throw it out.

That's about it. I may add another server or something soon to play around with, but for now I'm just playing around with Server 2003 to get some experience with it.

Good choices on the network equipment. Love the router and looks like a good switch. I have the same modem too. Workin good for me on an Adelphia cable service.

One question though. How's your spam doing for your network? Speeding it up? :confused: :p Just playin. LOL.

Scheizekopf said:
Good choices on the network equipment. Love the router and looks like a good switch. I have the same modem too. Workin good for me on an Adelphia cable service.

One question though. How's your spam doing for your network? Speeding it up? :confused: :p Just playin. LOL.

Well, sometime spam's on the network. Then some times it isn't. Other times it's completely off the network, other times it's close to it. It depends.

Crashsector said:
Well, sometime spam's on the network. Then some times it isn't. Other times it's completely off the network, other times it's close to it. It depends.
haha. I got ya.

I like the organized cabling too.

Crashsector,

I have the same desk. :D Its a good one. I have a dual monitor setup and a very nice sound system setup on it. :) I think I got the desk at Staples?

02.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

Here's one of the 3 Sun Netra's that came in yesterday... Don't ask me about it glowing blue!

The switch above the Netra is a Marconi ES-1000 switch which is called the Server switch because it switches the 3 servers on it, including the CallManager, the CS:S server and the other multi-service server. It's uplinked via gigE fiber to the core.

07.jpg

08.jpg

Here's some more junk from the same rack...

Some fiber optic crap, some patch panels, yellow is VoIP traffic, Blue is Data traffic...

A little bit of Cisco, Catalyst 3550-24, VLAN for Data, VLAN for Voice, blah blah gigE blah blah, IBM core switch, fiber, copper, you name it...

Then on the left of the picture you got some telco stuff....

Exactly. I got a 20% off coupon for networking equipment. So I can buy a 24 port switch for almost the price as the $49 16 port model. =D

MM983 said:
Exactly. I got a 20% off coupon for networking equipment. So I can buy a 24 port switch for the price of the $49 16 port model. =D
Go for it. Or just get the 16 port for cheaper. I dont see any use for 24 ports on your network.

This is my network diagram of how my dorm room will be after Christmas break, after I've had a chance to move the entire room around to suit the projector I bought. Who needs fancy network diagraming software?

networkdiagram.jpg

My DSL and Netgear FVS318 Router/Switch/Firewall:
dsl.jpg

My Netgear 24 port that is not being used at the moment:
switch.jpg

My wireless, only 802.11b, but upgrading to G soon:
wireless.jpg

Unfortunately, you get the home network only. I can't take a camera into the server room at work. I would get fired. :eek:

mpeg4v3 said:
This is my network diagram of how my dorm room will be after Christmas break, after I've had a chance to move the entire room around to suit the projector I bought. Who needs fancy network diagraming software?

Frigging awesome diagram, and thats coming from someone who does Cisco. Too bad your bottlenecked between the Firewall of Opression and the Anti-Stupidity Firewall though :(

FunkStar said:
Frigging awesome diagram, and thats coming from someone who does Cisco. Too bad your bottlenecked between the Firewall of Opression and the Anti-Stupidity Firewall though :(

Even funnier for a cisco person to continue to use that terminology.
:p

*Corporate meeting*
Boss: FunkStart is our top Cisco guy. He currently controls our network that 50,000+ employees use every workday.
Boss: So FunkStar... what do you recommend for our server upgrade?
FunkStar: I recommend a Firewall of Opression and maybe an Anti-Stupidity Firewall.

j0k3r said:
My wireless, only 802.11b, but upgrading to G soon:
if you want a cheap 802.11g router... bestbuy got one onsale this week... netgear wireless g router for $25 after MIR

at least for my area but it wouldnt hurt to check

Here's my modest network

That PC runs Smoothwall and sits between the Cable Modem (bottom) and Access Point/Switch (by TV)
Smoothwall.jpg

Here's the family desktop... connect to the rest of the network via D-Link Wireless Router
Desktop.jpg

My lappy... also connected via wireless
Laptop.jpg

Ockie0107 said:
I'll post a picture of my network.

Dsc01828.jpg

Dsc01827.jpg

I'm not done yet.. still working on it.

What you see there is a 3Com Switch 630, Switch 630, PS HUB 40 Hub (for Orange interface), Baseline Switch (for Green interface), and a Smoothwall.

Still to come, 4 Dually machines, 1 Cobalt RAQ, and 2x 1400's 2U UPS units.

Btw, if anyone wants any 3com switches, I have a bunch forsale. Email me [email protected]
I like the ghetto ass rca cable modem up there on the rack :)
I have the same one at home

FunkStar said:

The firewall of oppression is my school's firewall at the connection level. Hmm, maybe I should have done an evil cloud of virii between the commie firewall and my firewall. My anti-stupidity firewall is to keep all of the stupid virus scans and such from interfering with my "home" network.

Scheizekopf said:
PlusLabs: Could you post more pictures of the network and servers. Please and Thank You!!!!!
You have to tell me what exactly you want to see...

agrikk said:
^^^^

A naked chick lying across all of your networking gear, of course. :D
You wish.
:D

Here's the top the the rack with the fiber and copper patch panels:
01.jpg

Cisco VG200 Voice Gateway, Cisco 3620, CIsco 3640, Cisco PIX525 = Ciscowned?!
02.jpg

Cisco Catalyst 3550-24-SMI - Blue Data, Yellow VoIP:
03.jpg

3Com CoreBuilder 2x ATM OC-3 155mbps:
04.jpg

Marconi ES-1000 Server Switch with GigE uplink to core switch, Sun Netra X1, Dell Intranet server:
05.jpg

Telco equipment, Demarc, DS1 Mux and Smartjack:
06.jpg

Inside the demark box:
07.jpg

Cisco CallManager Server:
08.jpg

Back of Cisco CallManager, 3X GigE uplinks:
09.jpg

Cisco 7960 VoIP phones through out:
10.jpg

Dead [H]ardware:
11.jpg

Morning speed test:
12.jpg

agrikk said:
^^^^
A naked chick lying across all of your networking gear, of course. :D
So who is going to shave the poor chick to make it naked? and what if the yellow fuzz gets into the computer equipment? I'll never understand men...

Nice equipment. Thanks for the pics.

oohhh. . . Nice speed test.

I want one of those Netra X1's.

LadyJaqie said:
So who is going to shave the poor chick to make it naked? and what if the yellow fuzz gets into the computer equipment? I'll never understand men...

I do believe the verb is to pluck a chick. :D

As in, "I'm going to a bar to pick up chicks. Then, hopefully, we're going to pluck."

Those are some pretty seksi rack picks, PlusLabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back