The OFFICIAL post pics of your SFF thread...

I found some on Tiger direct it's like.. $60 iwth 400w PSU. good not good?

The included 400W power supply is not good enough for any kind of a gaming system but maybe for an office system. Still a good deal on the case itself. Just the 400W as a spare or something.

I found some on Tiger direct it's like.. $60 iwth 400w PSU. good not good?
I got the Microfly SX6 from TigerDirect during the last week of april for $60 + shipping. It comes with a 600W PSU, which so far seems good.

Just checked their website and they have a sale on the BX6 (black version of mine) for $60 + shipping while supplies last: link
if you want it hurry up! When I got mine they had the sale for about a week only, now back to $100

Only thing I dislike is the cover over the CD bays, it's a bit flimsy and covers the temp display (it cannot be seen thru the cover) and removing it will make it look worse. Other than that pretty happy with it, I didn't try to do any modifications. Only thing I am thinking of doing is fixing the HDD mounting because when drive is reading it sounds like pounding on metal with a bit of an echo :( probably needs some rubbers/vibration dampers ... haven't really had the time to worry about it ... my PC is still missing an optical drive and gfx card ... and a heatsink is on its way ... still a work in progress :p

Is the 600w PSU good enough for a gaming system?

such as:

Pentium D 805 2.66GHz dual core
320gb sata HD
DVD burner
8800GT
2gb RAM?

Is the 600w PSU good enough for a gaming system?

Like I said in your PSU thread:
The XVS, or X-Connect V-Series, PSU that comes with that case is made by Yue-Lin. Not exactly a reliable manufacturer of PSUs.

Would not trust one in a gaming system. You might get a more definitive answer in JonnyGURU's forum:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/

Be sure to include your specs and link to the case/PSU in question.

Its one of the best built Lan boxes on the market, and in my eyes it looks perfectly fine

officermartinez, thats a pretty sick case... very nice job.

Heres my SFF:
2078088391_83d92cec8d_b.jpg

2078089659_403b730403_b.jpg

Now I just updated it:
2546831933_75ae5f3152_b.jpg

Outside looks like generic SG03.

Just got my SG03, now just waiting on the quad-core compatable mobo to come on Monday. Will have Q6600, 4gb ram, 8800gt, dvd sata drive, modular corsair 520hx, and 2 red led Yate Loons. Got a few questions though:

I have 2 cpu heatsinks to choose from. A Cooler Master Geminii, or a Zalman FS-C77. I've compared them both, and it seems like the Zalman might be 1 to 2 degrees hotter.

2nd question: Has anyone tried to put a 5.25'' silenced hard drive in the bottom? I've always had mine in the silencers, it's the loudest part of the system and with the silencer its all quiet. The only way I see possible is to chop the 3.5'' supports off. Any ideas?

Here's some pics, just finished painting it red. Looks a lot brighter in the pics than in real life.
102_0462.jpg

102_0463.jpg

...Got a few questions though:

I have 2 cpu heatsinks to choose from. A Cooler Master Geminii, or a Zalman FS-C77. I've compared them both, and it seems like the Zalman might be 1 to 2 degrees hotter.

Well, being a GeminII owner x5, I have a lot of experience with this cooler. True, the GeminII isn't the biggest and best CPU cooler out there, but I believe it is THE VERY best overall system cooler. It will cool your CPU, RAM, PWM area, etc.. So for me, it was a no brainer! You will love the GeminII, if you decide to get it. Higher CFM fans work great with this cooler BTW.

officermartinez, thats a pretty sick case... very nice job..

Thanks Bro! I was pleased with the results. I can't wait to start my next couple of projects in the upcoming months. A complete makeover Vapochill build and a seperate car computer setup!

Actually, I had 5 of them at one point after xmas. I believe they cost me around $10 after rebates and everything. I've found a way to mount the 5.25'' silenced hd, but now I have to find some feet somewhere for the rear.

I redid my wiring, changed out my zalman 9700 nt for a thermalright ultra 90, added a few more SilenX fans, added a scythe fan controller and sacrificed a samsung optical for it

guts2ss6.jpg

guts4ax0.jpg

qmicrav2closeupyu2.jpg

guts3pa3.jpg

frontlightsoffzb1.jpg

Here is my SG03:

Specs are as follows

Intel Q9300
Intel DG35EC
8GB of DDR2-800
2 WD Caviar 320GB hard drives in RAID0 (through a dedicated RAID controller)
1 WD 1TB hard drive (used to have this in an external enclosure but I am putting it in the floppy drive bay and it works great like this)
Hauppauge PCI TV tuner

Back of the case:
DSC_0138.jpg

The two fans I have on the front panel. They are quieter than my three 80mm Silverstone fans were in my SG01 at half speed:
DSC_0140.jpg

Here you can see the bare motherboard inside the case with my NT06 attached:
DSC_0143.jpg

The NT06 dominates a large portion of the case:
DSC_0145.jpg

Some more wires go in:
DSC_0148.jpg

From the front panel removed:
DSC_0144.jpg

You can see a big mess of SATA cables down there from me using cables that were far too long

Tried to zip-tie them up somewhat:
DSC_0147.jpg

Another look inside with everything plugged in:
DSC_0149.jpg

A little farther away. You can see the cover for the 3.5" bay that I used to mount my 1TB hard drive, and the cover still fits in there perfectly:
DSC_0150.jpg

that's a good looking box! nice color scheme and <3 how it matches the psu :D

pics of the inside?

I'm in the middle of cutting up my SP35P2 and will be getting it powder coated and doing some misc internal mods soon...stay tuned for pics!

Here's a few pics so far...don't have all the mesh installed yet and haven't got it painted...but the cuts are all done and I made my own mounting plate for the Ultra-120 eXtreme to fit the Shuttle motherboard:

More to come once the PSU is sleeved, mesh is done and case is painted. :cool:

Here's a few pics so far...don't have all the mesh installed yet and haven't got it painted...but the cuts are all done and I made my own mounting plate for the Ultra-120 eXtreme to fit the Shuttle motherboard:

More to come once the PSU is sleeved, mesh is done and case is painted. :cool:

great work cornelious... i've always had shuttles and appreciate when i see people modding them.

how bout you replace the chipset cooler and add a fullsize ATX PSU in there :)

from a guy over at sudhian....
shuttle.jpg

I'm still trying to decide if I do want to go the route of the full sized PSU.

Obviously there's extra "wow factor" involved with the ATX PSU installed and I'd have more available power for future upgrades, but I'm not sure if I want it to be taking up that much space in the system. I like the look of the HR-05 on the NB and I was going to install the Thermaltake DuOrb on the HD4870, but installing something like a Corsair HX620 would block off the entire face of the card, limiting it's airflow and blocking off the blue LED's on the DuOrb.

If I do end up going with the bigger PSU it'll be a little farther down the road, I'll probably leave it as is for now, as I'm just trying to get my original mods completed for a LAN on the 24th. The most I might do is cut out the back of the case to allow for the larger PSU because I don't want to be cutting up the chassis after it's painted.

Don't worry, it'll happen eventually. I got a hold of Shuttle and I would be able to purchase an SX48P2 motherboard (for 1,600MHz FSB/DDR3 support and future upgradability) seperately. Along with that upgrade, a full size PSU would also allow me to move up to an HD4870x2 as well...which would let me hold on to this modded chassis for quite awhile to come.

I can pretty much gaurantee that I'll go with the ATX PSU eventually, it'll just be something that'll happen down the road when I'm getting closer to swapping out the mobo and/or getting the HD4870x2. :D

half my fan controller blew up... I have everything finished except the dvd drive.

I was reusing one of the stealth bays from my LanboxLite which involved cutting the tabs and filing down the sides a bit.

The color is slightly off, so if i m not happy with that I will probably just attach one of the blanks to the tray of the dvd drive itself.

Asus P5E-VM HDMI
G.Skill 2x2 @ 5 5 5 DDR2 1070
E6420 @ 2.14
Antec Neo 550 - Would love a Corsair 520 :(
Zalman 9500 Mod
Raptor X
ATI HD 4850 + Akasa Cooler
Cooler Master Fan Controller
Microfly Modded a bit

Samsung DVD Burner - Connected when I need it - Rarely.

Mod Zalman 9500 with a 120mm UV.

When I need a DVD burner I ust use a SATA 2. :)
I need to replace the carton with something nicer. Keeps wires at bay. Maybe UI'll just paint it black. :)

Table is abused but I am moving, GOD willing, so no no biggie. I use the 32" when I watch movies and play games.

Almost done :)

Nice lookin' systems guys, although anything bigger then the P2 chassis of my Shuttle is to big by my taste.

half my fan controller blew up... I have everything finished except the dvd drive.

I was reusing one of the stealth bays from my LanboxLite which involved cutting the tabs and filing down the sides a bit.

The color is slightly off, so if i m not happy with that I will probably just attach one of the blanks to the tray of the dvd drive itself.

sugo_3.jpg
I just set up my SGO2 (pics later). So far I have been pretty happy with it. I did a few things, minor to it to improve things. First I removed that Silverstone fan they put on the HD bay, as it's freakin annoyingly loud for an HTPC. Replaced it with an enermax quiet fan with those enlobal bearings. Moves enough air to cool my HD's, but FAR quieter.

Second, I flipped the HD cage around. As it was, it was sucking air off my Reciever, and flipping it made cable routing easier. As it was, power cables traveled further than the SATA cables. Flipped, the power cables were more easily routed and hid, while the SATA cables could be tied back and routed across the case blocking less airflow than the power cables had. I mounted a second in the top, blowing air down while the PSU exhausts.

Finally, the front LED's onthis case are amazingly bright. Too bright. SO I took some scotch tape, some tissue, and covered them. You can still see the power and HDD activity lights, but they are bearbale.

It's official.

Worklog: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1342325

Specs:
- Jetway NC62K
- AMD Athlon X2 BE-2400
- Kingston 2GB DDR2-800
- Hitachi 160GB 2.5'' SATA HDD
- Trendnet 802.11g PCI card
- Crystalfontz 4x20 LCD screen
- Pico-PSU 120w
- Painted white lighting color with clear coat

Size: 9''w x 9''d x 5''h

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

Nice job w1retap. You have any intake vents for that 120mm fan? Looks like you're using it as an exhaust.

sg02_interior.jpg
sg02_exterior.jpg

I finally finished the drive cover. Like I mentioned before, the color is slightly off because the LanboxLite it came from has a slight metallic flake to it and I m not happy with how it isn t flush with the blank below. it is good enough for now I suppose and it is nice not having to use an external DVD drive. I added a 120mm fan pulling air from the side vent as there was a patch of dead air up front which felt pretty warm.

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

Notice I flipped the HD cage so that it game me much more room to stow wires from the PSU. It also allowed me to mount the fan on the opposite side, sucking air from the left side of the case, away form my other home theater pieces.
DSC00044.jpg

I know, the wiring doesn't look awesome, but it's largely because I route the wires all along the outside, making them very visible, but out of the way.

SGO2, Zalman CNPS8700 cpu cooler, Thermaltake 450w psu, E6300, 2X1TB HD's, ATi 3450, ATi TVwinder650

recently put this build together for a friend.....

i loved working with the SG-01 evolution....

Pentium 805 D, 2 gb ram, 1900 xtx, 750gb sata, 500w corsair PSU, zalman 7000cu, added some small mods to it and thats it, replaced all but one fan with ultra quiet cooler master fans. sleeved almost every cable possible. its awesome!

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Back