The Official 'why I don't have a better system' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

styleboy

Limp Gawd
Because I'm about to buy this...
r6cinquanta.jpg

if everything goes well this week! Just a little upgrade from the ol' f4i.

Post why you don't have a better system...

Mod Edit - If there's a hardware question in there.....I missed it. Please keep threads on topic in General[H]ardware. General[M]ayhem is the place for off topic posting. Thanks.....BlindedByScience

I tend to spend money all sorts of thing.

Example 1 (CBR929, GSXR600, SV650, XR50, Lexus IS300)

Allbikes37.JPG

I posted more pics of other stuff before, but I looked like a pic whore. lol

If I didn't spend so much money, I'd be rich. :(

very nice stuff..

My grandma always said, 'why buy the cow, when you can have the sex for free..'

You should look into the Triumph 675, awesome bike. I rode a friend of mines.

I'm thinking of getting a busa, I love riding my friends.

Here is a shot of me on it:

Busawheelie650x480.jpg

Another friend of mine has a 430hp turbo busa, crazy stuff. :eek:

wotblake^^^ I built myself a desk just like yours. If I may... a hole saw and some cable ties would do some good underneath it.
BTW nice fireplace.

I don't have a better system because:

My wife figured out that the "$200 upgrade to my computer" really meant, "i am going to spend $200 a week per part until I have completely replaced this POS I am using now."

And then when she confronted me about it i told her..."well it is Walmart economics in action, you know spending small amount of money a bunch of seperate times is cheaper than spending large amounts.... you of all people should understand how that works."

When it comes to computers and other technology, there really is no "better". It all comes down to what the user is doing with his or her machine.

That being said, upgrading right now wouldn't really suit any of my needs.

Why I don't have a better system... I waste my money on steak dinners, and saving for a new car.. But since I got a 7800GT I can wait for another year to save :)

cause i don't game..

my oc'ed barton and 1 gb of ram does me fine.. i keep buying hard drives, and that's really it.. i have thought about getting a better video card so i can span dvds across both monitors and play them smoothly.. but then there is a black bar in the middle from the two monitors..

also, i am in college, and have no job.. and i do hvae money saved up.. but only use it on the essentials.. rent, alcohol, food, gas.. probably in that order...

I'm stuck with an agp board, don't want to upgrade to pci-express just yet, and AGP video cards are way to expensive.

no job and cant get one, but if you check my sig, even a couple hundred in upgrades could do me wonders

I don’t have a better computer, because I wait for the newest best thing to come out. So I’m stuck on this piece of junk 286…

… sorry, I couldn’t help myself. :p

I was about to get nice one, then I remember the last time I played a video game on my computer was In December.

Because I've been spending so much damn money incrementally fixing one faulty component at a time to maintain having a working PC, that and budget towards a new PC, has been soaked up. Maybe this spring. It didn't help that I waited long enough to where I now need PCI Express instead of AGP, and a new motherboard to go with that, and a new CPU, and new memory, and... We did just sort of have a few quick jumps on CPU and graphics card sockets, so for those of us that like to try and carry a few things over here and there, it's been a rough year for that. Now I might as well wait until AM2/DDR2 & etc are running around in the wild before I bother upgrading. So again, I might as well fix the problems I've got with these machines now.

I'm writing this on an i850 / P4 1.7 - Due to the bevy of problems I have with my main rig, my backup rig has become the main rig, and I'm going to fix that before I spend money on a new-new PC, and, oh... oh me.

It's not the only expensive habit I have either. I prefer firearms, they last many years, and only go BOOM when I pull the trigger. Conveniently, they're also great at dispatching things like... Antec PSUs that fail and cook up your IQYHA XP-M and NF7, and zap about... oh... 300gb or so of data. Don't get me started.

heres a list:
My women takes all my money,
Bills,
Repairing my truck:(,
Crappy job!

well i could go on but theres no need it all comes down to i'm jsut damn broke!

styleboy said:
Because I'm about to buy this...
r6cinquanta.jpg

if everything goes well this week! Just a little upgrade from the ol' f4i.

Post why you don't have a better system...

Same reason here, fixing my gixxer 750 this spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back