the uber problem with my A8N SLI

d3fc0n5

Limp Gawd
i got my asus A8nSLI on tursday. and i got it up and runing and was screwing around with ocing on friday and i was pushing it higher and higher i started at a nice 2.0 then 2.1, 2.2, 2.4, 2.5,2.6 and stable the whole time i fine stoped at 2.645 at 1.55 vcore. and a nice 60,600 aquamrak score with my GFX at 579/1150. but then i started to prime95 it and wihe i was doing that i hit the switch on my surge protector and now every time i try to boot into windows at stock i get the blue screen of death. can a cpu be half dead cuz i can post just fine. its not my ram cuz im using it right now. could it be my mobo(hope not).. and ideas guys.......PLZ HELP.

Hmm thats interesting. What OS and what did the blue screen say? Running prime 95 means you were most likely sitting at an otherwise idle desktop so no files should have been corrupted. Have you tried reinstalling the OS yet? Where exactly is the comp locking up at after posting?

win xp is the os. and it looked up at the logon screen after it pops up some file were missing but were recoverd frona backup or somthing like that

maybe try and reformat... but just back up your files. thats my guess. srry for no more help

Most likely data corruption due to improper shutdown. Reformat, reload and you should be fine.

ok guys i got it back up and rinign i think it was all cuz of the beta bios i was runing now it is runing fine at 2.0 can go much higher cuz the bios i am runing now dosent have a PCI lock

d3fc0n5 said:
ok guys i got it back up and rinign i think it was all cuz of the beta bios i was runing now it is runing fine at 2.0 can go much higher cuz the bios i am runing now dosent have a PCI lock

I can get every BIOS revision to have the Lock functional.

All you have to do is make sure you set your FSB in the BIOS to 201 and then boot to windows and use clockgen to adjust your HTT. I have tried this in the following BIOSes: 1002 1003.003 - 005, and it works fine.

http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

Back