The UnOfficial Black Friday "Camping-Meetup-Gettogether" Thread

Any Delaware/Philly area people planning anything? We should set something up at one of the Delaware Best Buys/Circuit Citys/CompUSAs. For you out of towners why not drive the extra half hour and save extra money by paying no sales tax on your purchases? ;).

Some friends and I will be at the Best Buy in College Station, TX at around 4-5am, getting ready for some good tech deals. Any Aggies wanna join up?

I'll meet ya at best buy in tucson theHeat, im working so maybe I could save ya some stuff ;)

Hahaha dude EVERYONE has to work that day. I really don't want to. I'm trying to get a mid-shift which still STARTS at like 9 AM. GRRRRRR. Sucks because us employees who bust our asses don't even get first crack at the goods. @#$@%#@$ers :mad:

Sorry for not updating the thread yet people, life's hectic. If anyone has some spare time, I'd be the best if they could format people's information and PM it to me. Not necessary if people don't have the time though!

I have this question, anyone doing any meetups in Cincinnati, OH?
I live within a few miles of quite a few places.

well looks like a may have gotten a job at best buy here in alpharetta, ga. of course, i have to pass a drug screening first. ill let yall know.

I'm going with a friend or 2 most likely but if anyone wants to meet up i live in the cumming, GA area and am not sure what stores i am going to yet

Blasterboy460 said:
ill be in the 504 area,New Orleans for those who dont know. anyone else around here?

I'm in 504, actually 985 (Ormond /Destrehan) but I live about 8 minutes from the BestBuy/ CompUSA on Vets Blvd, Dont know if I'm going to be camping out, unless they have some really sweet deals.

But PM me if you're going to.

paulmofyourhand said:
ill see if i can make some [H] tshirts, ghetto ones!

I'll be there if u want, Weatherford here, but can anyone send me a link to what deals the FRYS of Arlington Texas will have?

Since I see no one has read my post, I have this question.

Edit: Is there anyone in this forum that Lives In Cincinnati, OH Area and is doing any meetups for black friday?!

Im gonna camp outside of one of these Fry's Locations: so just hit me up and tell me which one you want to go to:

Palo Alto
Sunnyvale
Fremont
San Jose
Concord

All in Northern California

Just hit up my cell (707)303-5774, email: [email protected], aim:LotsatiArma if you want to camp- bring pads and people beating clubs

theHeat said:
Hahaha dude EVERYONE has to work that day. I really don't want to. I'm trying to get a mid-shift which still STARTS at like 9 AM. GRRRRRR. Sucks because us employees who bust our asses don't even get first crack at the goods. @#$@%#@$ers :mad:

Sorry for not updating the thread yet people, life's hectic. If anyone has some spare time, I'd be the best if they could format people's information and PM it to me. Not necessary if people don't have the time though!

Loai, I know you're at store 123, but what about you theHeat? Are you at store 198, or 123?

(Me = 123 GeekSquad btw)

Surpised no one has asked this yet. Anyone up for a meet in Plano at BB or Fry's? It could be the Official HardOCP Black Friday get-together. Heck, I should drive over to Kyle's house and drag him out of bed to go.

Wait, what am I talking about? They already get everything for free... :(

Torgo, I live in arlington and depending on whats going on I might meet up with you up there. Do you have anything in mind that you might get for sure as of yet?

I'm waiting for Fry's to leak their specials. I haven't decided what items to go for yet. Probably after this weekend.

Since there is no meetups in Ohio, or in the Cincinnati area, I have decided to start a meetup at:

Time: 6-7am.
Person who is doing the meetup: Scorpionjwp

PM me if you want to meet me at staples.

theHeat said:

Tuckson is too far away for just a [H] Deal.. any other Phoenix [H]'ers around?

==>Lazn

Torgo said:
I'm waiting for Fry's to leak their specials. I haven't decided what items to go for yet. Probably after this weekend.
Fry's BF ads never leak since it's printed with the regular newspaper, not separately like the national ads which are printed weeks in advance. If you're lucky, you'll see some Fry's items leaked Tuesday or Wednesday.

The last couple of years I just wander around the store a day or two before Thanksgiving and it's pretty obvious which items are going on sale since they are setting up the displays and/or there are pallets of products on the floor. Then there are the givens: $39 or $49 combos, dirt cheap hard drives, cheap flash memory, $99 computers, etc.

some atlanta people come visit me at the registers on black friday in alpharetta georgia best buy. i got the job, and i gotta work :cool:

I have an update, I will be at staples at 7am on friday in Mason, OH waiting to get in on the deal for a 160gb for $39.99

Who else is with me to meetup at staples in Mason, OH?
If no one, I get to get my share of items for sale at this location, and it's all mine!

Unfortunately, I have to leave Fri-Mon and I cannot update this thread. I work the rest of the week and will be enduring the Black Friday masses as a cashier at Best Buy.

Sorry if I let any of you down by not being able to compile the list. I hope this thread still helps some people get together and camp.

Thanks.

Don't they usually send the ad in advance to the local newspaper? So they probably already have it now, but wont be printed til wedensday or thursday.

I've got a group of people already mapping out the city, places to spot us in Tampa, Florida:

Dale Mabry (going north)
Target
Office Depot
Comp-USA
Wal-Mart
Toys-R-Us
Best Buy
Stamples

If all works out we will also be hitting up the Best Buy across from the Citrus Park Mall.
The lastest we show up is an hour before the store opens, except for Wal-Mart which is 24/7.
Lucky for me the county jobs have the day off, but half my group has to be into work by noon :mad:

Eureka, California Area. Anyone near me want to camp at any stores here?

Friendswood/Webster/Clear Lake area of Houston, TX. I'm trying to find out if my local shop, HardDrives, is gonna' have any specials or not. That will probably dictate where/if anyone wants to meet me.

From looking around I guess that means first shopping day for the Christmas Season? I haven't celebrated Christmas in 10 years...anyway, from the deals I have seen, there's not much to get excited about :rolleyes:

Nasty_Savage said:
From looking around I guess that means first shopping day for the Christmas Season? I haven't celebrated Christmas in 10 years...anyway, from the deals I have seen, there's not much to get excited about :rolleyes:

Its the day after Thanksgiving Sales. A lot of stores throw contests and give out lots of free stuff. JCPenny has always given out christmas presents with prizes.
The sales in my area are pretty sweet, came away with a free DVD burner and scanner last year (after rebates).

A lot of the little things I get go to Toys for Tots and The Children's Home.

For anyone that don't know what black friday is, here is the history behind it.

The day after Thanksgiving in the United States, is frequently referred to as Black Friday. One of the major U.S. holiday shopping days, it is the day many U.S. consumers begin Christmas shopping. The day is heavily promoted by retailers. The origin of Black Friday comes from the shift to profitability during the holiday season. Black Friday was when retailers went from being unprofitable, or "in the red," to being profitable, or "in the black", at a time when accounting records were kept by hand and red indicated loss and black profit.

Now you know.

SO is everyone going to wear all black to go with a theme?

Black T-shirt, black pants/jeans, black shoes... black trenchcoat (if its cold enough)

So I know who to ask if they're hard?

I CAN SEE IT NOW.............

"Hey dude, are you hard?" - says me

"Dude, WTF are you gay?" - random person

"NO, I mean Hard OCP." - me

"WTF, is OCP? you're On Cock Patrol? get away from me fag!" - random person (now mad)

"Nevermind" - me (embarrassed)

chrisf6969 - dunno gotta find out which deals i want to go for, if compusa has good deals maybe ill see you there

Back