The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Personally i like each specific function mapped to a key instead of the dial toggle that is so popular nowadays. That shit just interrupts gameplay and makes me feel like less of a badass.

It's like in Quake--would you rather select your weapon with the mousewheel or would you want each weapon to have its own key for easy access?

Personally, I favor simplicity. I don't want to have to remember 40 keys that all lead to different tabs of the same menu. I don't want to have to use 5 different keys to achieve what double clicking a single key will achieve. I don't necessarily want a dial or weird on-screen menu like Far Cry 4 has, but I don't need to a keymapping menu that is 4 pages and 4 different keys for "enter/exit vehicle" for each possible vehicle either.
With Quake, I actually usually DO use the wheel, but since the game only uses a handful of keys to begin with, mapping each weapon is much more feasible. With modern games, not so much. I don't want to have to use 3/4 of the keys on my keyboard when they could very easily double up functions with no overlap to streamline it.

Must be Xbone footage, but good overview of the features.
Can't wait.

might be, but it is also youtube so there is always compression quality loss, and i believe they have not shown the game on ultra settings as they want players to turn that on them selves the first time they see it.

might be, but it is also youtube so there is always compression quality loss, and i believe they have not shown the game on ultra settings as they want players to turn that on them selves the first time they see it.

Which is a good idea imo

Which is a good idea imo

not just for the possible wow factor from pc player but it also helps keep the console players our of the loop of how it could really look on pc so they don't complain too much until after they have their money lol. :p

not just for the possible wow factor from pc player but it also helps keep the console players our of the loop of how it could really look on pc so they don't complain too much until after they have their money lol. :p

This is right, and it's not just theory , there are actually agreements and in some cases even contracts between developers and MS and/or Sony to not show the PC version with all the bells and whistles. I would lay my 401k that Microsoft demanded some kind of concession in that regard, for CDProjektRed to not show PC-Ultra until after launch, as a condition for the marketing arrangement for the Witcher 3 special edition Xbone.

But just in terms of marketing a multi-platform title these days developers face a certain amount of pressure to manage expectations by not showing one version completely mopping the floor with the others. Fickle console bro sees Destroyer of Worlds Ultra4k Insanemode next to 700p colecovision edition and just decides "well then why bother, I'll just go back to COD, or maybe hit up Destiny's hub and dance for idlers"

And as PC GPU's continue to leap forward and the anemic newgen console graphics fall further behind, the divide will only become wider. But at *least* 360/PS3 aren't holding multi-plats back anymore since titles going forward are finally dropping them.

Last edited:
is it convenient to buy the pre order?
what does it offer in addition to a normal buy?

The pre-order is cheaper than buying it the day of release in most cases. Though I would expect that it will be 25-30% off during the steam fall sale. I won't expect any large discounts until next year. If you have the previous Witcher titles you get 20% off, if not it's 10%.

You also get some other items when you pre-order, though these arn't really important to me:
- Official Game Soundtrack
- Unique The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt artworks
- A digital version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Artbook
- Premium Wallpapers
- A digital map of the in-game world

(list taken from Steam store page)

I pre-ordered mainly for the discount and knowing I would absolutely be buying the game anyways. CDPR is one of the few companies I would actually pre-order from these days. You will probably also be able to pre-load the game before launch date.

I couldn't quite put my finger on what the third-person player animations reminde me of - as Gareth is walking around the world or on horseback, but today it hit me: Red Dead Redemption. Probably my favorite game of the last 10 years. Come to think of it RDR also had a similar trailer that kinda explained how the game would work.

In many ways Witcher 3 is looking like its going to be a beautiful hybrid of Skyrim, RDR and ofcourse the predecessor Witcher titles. Can't wait.

Last edited:
The pre-order is cheaper than buying it the day of release in most cases. Though I would expect that it will be 25-30% off during the steam fall sale. I won't expect any large discounts until next year. If you have the previous Witcher titles you get 20% off, if not it's 10%.

You also get some other items when you pre-order, though these arn't really important to me:
- Official Game Soundtrack
- Unique The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt artworks
- A digital version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Artbook
- Premium Wallpapers
- A digital map of the in-game world

(list taken from Steam store page)

I pre-ordered mainly for the discount and knowing I would absolutely be buying the game anyways. CDPR is one of the few companies I would actually pre-order from these days. You will probably also be able to pre-load the game before launch date.

is there a way to have this "Kit" by buying the box?
I want the box for a collection purpose.

is there a way to have this "Kit" by buying the box?
I want the box for a collection purpose.

There's a collectors edition on Amazon and probably other sites but it's not available, not sure if it will ever be again.

Last edited:
That collectors edition sold out several months ago. Any further availability will be canceled orders.

Wow that trailer actually got me pumped for this. Been avoiding any coverage of the game really, but what I had seen prior wasn't too exciting. Know I loved the first 2, so the 3rd was being purchased no matter what.

Gamespot has had three days of new Witcher 3 videos,

The most recent is a long gameplay overview:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/unveiling-the-gameplay-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/2300-6424536/

Yesterday they had one on the world of THe Witcher 3 (and revealed the in-game map, it's huge of course).

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/exploring-the-vast-world-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hun/2300-6424516/

and the first one they did, an Introduction/overview of The Witcher 3 and how CdProjekt started:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/introducing-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/2300-6424503/

Also Xbox just released a new video today as well that follows a quest, titled "precious cargo" (don't watch if you don't want the quest spoiled):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrXxdy9Qgpk&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Gamespot has had three days of new Witcher 3 videos,

The most recent is a long gameplay overview:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/unveiling-the-gameplay-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/2300-6424536/

Yesterday they had one on the world of THe Witcher 3 (and revealed the in-game map, it's huge of course).

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/exploring-the-vast-world-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hun/2300-6424516/

and the first one they did, an Introduction/overview of The Witcher 3 and how CdProjekt started:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/introducing-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/2300-6424503/

Also Xbox just released a new video today as well that follows a quest, titled "precious cargo" (don't watch if you don't want the quest spoiled):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrXxdy9Qgpk&feature=youtu.be

That is definitely not Xbox gameplay, that's PC.

lol doesnt every one do that

I guess they may, but the video in particular was posted on the Xbox channel with an Xbox label in the video, played with Xbox One controller, that suggests that the game play is from an Xbox. Why not just show some damn Xbox game play? You know from the Xbox. That way viewers can get a taste of how the game looks on their platform... Not a PC video. I mean the Xbox version is 900p 30fps so it wont look anywhere near as good as the PC version shown.

It just grinds my gears I guess.

26tb.jpg

Last edited:
That is definitely not Xbox gameplay, that's PC.

it says in the notes: "In game footage provided by CD Projekt Red, captured on a PC"

Microsoft later added..."This was in no way intended to misrepresent the title on Xbox One," the console manufacturer added in a statement. "We apologise for any confusion."

it says in the notes: "In game footage provided by CD Projekt Red, captured on a PC"

Microsoft later added..."This was in no way intended to misrepresent the title on Xbox One," the console manufacturer added in a statement. "We apologise for any confusion."

Which I call complete BS on, but for me it doesn't really matter. I've only ever been interested in the PC version. I may eventually buy it for my PS4, but if I do it will be when the "Definitive Edition" (or whatever they choose to call it) comes out for half the price.

I'd love to play this at 4k, but I'll be doing well to see a consistent 60fps at 2560x1600 without buying another 980. If the game turns out to be as good as it looks however, I wouldn't have an issue with that. I may spend a lot of hours in this game.:)

The facial expressions...holy shit. You could see the guilt and disappointment in that guys face when brought back to the Nilfgaardians. This game is going to be crazy.

Probably 2/3 of console gamers play with interpolation turned on so they don't know the difference between 30 and 60fps anyway. I'm half joking...but also half serious.

New Nvidia video showing a little gameplay and showing off the "Hairworks" and other features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGFU2XPLr4

The fur/hair simulation look amazing. I hope my 780 can handle it.

Yea the hair is definitely nice looking. Anyone know if AMD was there throughout the development process as well? Yes I buy Nvidia but would hate to see AMD users screwed out features as well on such an amazing looking game.

Nvidia HairWorks wasn't all that impressive in Far Cry 4...hopefully Witcher 3 will put it to better use

Back