The World's Most Elegant & Luxurious Aluminum PC Case: Windy Soldam / Abee AS

-

Once again, why should I have to mod a window into $500.00 case? If this compnay was so on the up and up, it should have its ear to ground about enthusiast interests. Form and function.

Windows are gaudy. These cases lean toward art. There would be no easier way to ruin them than putting a window in.

Windows are gaudy. These cases lean toward art. There would be no easier way to ruin them than putting a window in.

Is that right? Tell me what is the purpose of the colored anodized aluminum interiors and color combinations are for... If you can. While you're at it, tell me why I need to pay $500 for those purposes.... Once again, if you can.

those cases do look very nice and i'm not sure how good a window would look because there would need to be two windows on those cases that have the seconed inner panel for some reason so a window would really be more trouble than it's worth, but then again those cases are priced outrageously high for as far as i can tell not doing anything all that different, to me the feet seem really stupid because if you need to move the case you need to move each foot individually and the whole thing seems like a pain.

for me to spend that much money on a case it would need to have all the cabling prerouted in a fully modular system so that I could pull the power supply out of the case without opening the side of the case to unplug anything, the same should be true for the motherboard and drives. Also when installing optical drives into the case I should only haft to tighten whatever mobile rack/slide rail system is in use once and know that the drive face is where it needs to be in order to work properly and be flush with the case if visible.

show me a case like that and I might pay a lot of money for it, until then I'll keep getting old beige cases with all the features I want for free or close to it and then make it look pretty myself.

oh ya and if I were to pay a lot of money for a case I'd want every part of it even the parts I never see to look good for the simple fact that I paid a lot of money and don't want anybody to be able to say that some part isn't as pretty as it could be.

Is that right? Tell me what is the purpose of the colored anodized aluminum interiors and color combinations are for... If you can. While you're at it, tell me why I need to pay $500 for those purposes.... Once again, if you can.

What is the purpose of putting leather interiors in cars, then tinting the windows?
What is the purpose of buying nice furniture for your home if you don't invite over guests and never sit in it?
What is the purpose of your argument?

The point is they went the extra mile to make the interior look awesome when you want to open it up and show it off. It's almost like a surprise of some sort. Not only that, but it lets someone know that you don't have to be a badass with a window trying to flaunt what you have. Anodizing aluminum pieces that are on separate parts of the case takes time and money. It shows time and money went into making the case.

What is the purpose of putting leather interiors in cars, then tinting the windows?

Because you actually sit in a fucking car?
jerkitsmiley.gif

These cases are the biggest ripoffs of Lian Li I've ever seen. Let's go through the list; shall we?

PC-60: :eek:

35201282id1.jpg

A05: :eek:

10786995yc4.jpg

G70: :eek:

a1vr8.jpg

With that said, this case is super sexy and I would buy it for around $150:

85921068qi1.jpg

Next time host pictures on your own dime koolance, not theirs. That took wayy too long to edit.

omg liek you actually put computer components in a fucking comptuer lol!.!?!

Yeah, well in a car some people actually like the feel of leather. I don't, but some do. I wouldn't want to show it off... no need to bait car robbery.

Next time host pictures on your own dime koolance, not theirs. That took wayy too long to edit.

You want me to remove mine too? I copy pasted them from OP. EDIT: nvm they're Imageshack pics.

Yeah, well in a car some people actually like the feel of leather. I don't, but some do. I wouldn't want to show it off... no need to bait car robbery.

Likewise, some people like the look of anodized aluminum over just the ordinary whether it is inside or outside the case.

they look very nice, question tho on the first ones(black with red inside) are there 2 front fans or 1?

Those cases looks awesome. To be unique, one must pay up the ass for something like that.

Will do. :eek:

how good a window would look

People keep mention window here. Did you guys see the concept?
If you add window, then you destroy the air flow mechanism.
Do you guys realize this case has no fan blow hole on the front(except for D-mask variation)?
The case is magic. ;) It is deadly silent and made with super high quality.
These are certainlu not for everyone. Not everyone can afford a Lamborghini.

These cases are the biggest ripoffs of Lian Li I've ever seen.

They do look similar, but Hoshino has been using the design for a long time.

With that said, this case is super sexy and I would buy it for around $150

You're kidding. That is less than G70 price tag. I have 3 Lian Li cases myself.
These blow LL away. The quality is from another world.

"Elegant" - maybe

"Luxurious" - if a PC case can be called that

"Worlds Most" - not even close

So tell me what's the world's most elegant and luxurious if not Windy and Abee?
If you can convince me, I am ready to ditch my LL 343B's, V2000, and CM Stacker 832's.
I've had a Silverstone TJ09 when it was first released in the market.
The case was really loud and the quality wasn't impressive. It seems SS does not care about noise.
These cases are made to be silent.

Lian Li/Silverstone don't offer much for aftermarket goodies, that's because they include most accessories WITH the case.

They do usually come with everything except for a few lower cost models.

k, aluminum case feet that fill that capacity can be bought for less than $8.00 - link Plus many of us prefer the aluminum casters Lian-Li provides...

These cases are made to be silent. We don't want any resonance, do we?
Similar spikes are used to handle the HI-FI speakers.

Not kidding. Until they can offer something as cheap, easily modifiable, and great looking as this Lian Li, I'm not biting the hook.

It looks greater than Lian Li. They are just as easily modifiable as any Lian Li out there.
Like I said, the case is not for everyone. There is a good reason as to why they only make 20 pieces per model.

If you like sleek looking quiet aluminum cases here's another one. Maybe this will actually make it to the US.

IMG]http://www.nexustek.nl/morpho/morpho_case_big.gif[/IMG]

Not to argue; but being experienced with LL / CM / SS cases before, while received this Windy ALTIUM Super X10 SPARX case, I found it very different from photos.

IMGP1629.jpg

IMGP1623.jpg

IMGP1624.jpg

I don't know how to explain that feel exactly, may be I shall use the word: "Elegant?".

Just put this Windy baby aside of other brands' case, everyone could easily point-out the pretty one.

While you open it and having components installed, you would be happy for every thing were precisely pre-arranged.
(I experienced CM case: very little diffrence in mounting measurement, thus I had bad time to install VGA card)
0010.jpg

Another point, you might think that anodized Alu interiors were just for look.
But it is actually very thin layer face, which can eliminates light scratches.
And for us who lived in Asia, which is quite humid; it is very practical way to avoid much fingerprints + further ozidizations.

What I could suggest is: you really have to get the cases sit side, and come back tell us you still think the Windy case were only in same level to LL / CM / SS.
;)

omg liek you actually put computer components in a fucking comptuer lol!.!?!
While I agree these cases look nice, this is the absolute most ridiculous fallacy I have -ever- heard on these forums. Comparing the interior color of a computer case without windows to leather seats on cars with tinted windows is absurd in the first place, but then you go on and seem to imply that the components in the case somehow have a color preference. What, is my AN-M2 going to run faster or cooler if I put it on a purple motherboard tray?

Very nice case, A L.
I didn't know about Sparx. What are they?
I ordered a X10 MB with dual pci cooler, 3 piece cooler set, a cd bay cover, 5.25 HDD converter, and a set of black R2 & HR thumb screws. I also have an FC700 MB SOJ and Alcadia incoming.

well seeing as my previous post was completely ignored I'll try a different approach

Comparing these Windy cases to LL is like compairing a Lambo to a Corvette, yes the corvette is a very fast and capable sports car but a Lambo will outpace a corvette easily, but then again the Lambo costs a heck of a lot more so it better.

To me what is dissapointing/shocking is the lack of innovation and new ideas. To me the feet are stupid because you can buy a cheepo mouse pad cut it up and put it under the feet of any case and get the same effect. that thing where they have the weird side panels and no front fan is really weird and i don't see how it improves case temps over not having them so until I see an unbiased review that shows those things work it's just a gimmick to me.

Do you have nice things in your house? Do you invite everyone off the street into your house to see them? If you yourself can appreciate those things when you see them, then its worthwhile.

Life isn't a pissing contest. I maintain my opinion that windows are gaudy, but then, I've over 16 years old as well. Maybe those 2 things mysteriously go together.

Very nice case, A L.
I didn't know about Sparx. What are they?
I ordered a X10 MB with dual pci cooler, 3 piece cooler set, a cd bay cover, 5.25 HDD converter, and a set of black R2 & HR thumb screws. I also have an FC700 MB SOJ and Alcadia incoming.

Thanks.

I bought this case before their bankrupcy...
You can find details of Super X10 SPARX in HERE.

This rediculous Japanese company don't sell / deliver aside their country, being a Taiwanese residences, friends & I spent fortunes to receive the cases.
We asked someone in Japan for placing order to Soldam; and courier to Taiwan after he received the cases.
The SPARX = fully equipted parts. We ordered 3 sets, which included the SPARX + Extra Front panel (which having fan in-take). Each set with all extra costs US$650.

Although I was admired with the case, but some parts shall be complain still.
Compared to other Windy models, this case's side panels seemed thiner?? :(

I don't know what you guys will think, I'm a Taiwanese; I loved my country, and I support our country's manufacturer like Lian Li.

But try to think on this example : You're having a Corvette in the garage; but someday, car salesman visit offering Lambo & Ferrari......... What will you do? :D

ah crap. I regret looking at this thread since now I want one of these cases, but I doubt they fit in my budget of 50 dollars, haha. Oh well *sighs*

Wow i scanned trough the thread and did i hear it right that the company that made these elegant cases went bankrupt? They need to get these cases to the US pronto and im sure it would help to remedy that problem.

which included the SPARX + Extra Front panel (which having fan in-take).

I wish they sell the extra front panel. D-mask front is really tempting, but it seems they don't sell it anymore.

They went bankrupt probably because 1) Their product is handmade, which means 2) labor costs a lot when putting out a quality product, which then means 3) profit margins are quite thin, so they 4) jacked the price of the product way up, which finally resulted in 5) poor volume sales.

Art seldom makes the original artist rich. Often the value inflates way after the artist's own time.

Shame, really, because the craftsmanship on these cases is exquisite.

Do you have nice things in your house? Do you invite everyone off the street into your house to see them? If you yourself can appreciate those things when you see them, then its worthwhile.
Not even that, do you leave your window curtains wide open for everyone to see all the things you have in your house?
Life isn't a pissing contest. I maintain my opinion that windows are gaudy
I've always agreed to that but they do have a point; if I'm paying close to $500 for a case then it should come with all of the bells and whistles. I never much understood the reason of spending near $100 on a case that you're just going to cut up as well.

Either way, god damn. Those are some gorgeous and well crafted cases.

1) Their product is handmade, which means 2) labor costs a lot when putting out a quality product, which then means 3) profit margins are quite thin, so they 4) jacked the price of the product way up, which finally resulted in 5) poor volume sales.

They still make and sell cases even though they are bankrupt.
I am not sure about poor volume sales. They make these cases in extremely limited quantity and they sell out quickly. Once they are gone, they are gone forever.
These cases are actually really popular in Japan. More people know Windy than Lian Li.
Windy is also an OEM system manufacturer like Dell, Alienware, Voo Doo, and so on.
They sell complete systems as well as bare cases.

You guys that are arguing against the case are wayyyyy to critical and seem jealous of the cases. It is very obvious more time, effort, and money went into making these cases, much more so than anything we have on the market in the US, including Lian Li, Silverstone, and Coolermaster. The responses are very typical of those type comments you see when anyone is making fun of rich people and their possessions as well. Most of it is extreme differential opinion or just flat out slander. :p

Why would any *smart* consumer spend 500$ on a computer case when a comparable Lian-Li/Silverstone can be had for ~300$ less... There isn't a quality/RD difference of over 60% to warrant the price hike.

They should come with a window and a straight side panel to switch at your desire.

They are very pretty though.

Windows and lighting can be tastefully done. Windowed cases arn't all ZOMG UV LULZ you know...

This is getting no where.
I want to clear this up.
These cases aren't for everyone, especially the *smart* consumers.

They are made in extremely low quantity with the highest possible quality inspection.

They should come with a window and a straight side panel to switch at your desire.

I think window side panel is a great idea, but it seriously interferes with their cooling scheme.
As a result of that, they don't make one.

where can i order one? which is the smallest atx case?

Read the previous posts.
They are only available in JP. I may be able to help you get one, but price including shipping is no joke. You can PM me.

Here comes Abee:

Abee AS M0: Only 50 pieces produced.

18962176yr9.jpg

97104724hx8.jpg

11398394kt4.jpg

22097872ib0.jpg

80658036ow6.jpg

17975087wx5.jpg

Abee AS M3: This case can be expand top and bottom.

41279384hz3.jpg

87935752py8.jpg

HDD Expandable rack:

80460421ku2.jpg

5.25 Expandable rack:

10lx1.jpg

More Windy:

FC "Power Muscle" 500:

Black Dog edition:

wind1ta6.jpg

Black Knight:

wind2qo1.jpg

SOJ:

wind3jc2.jpg

Fireball:

wind4td7.jpg

European Blue / Tsunami:

wind5ex3.jpg

White pearl:

wind6wj2.jpg

Deep purple:

wind7ho3.jpg

Concept & Mechanism:

w3jy8.jpg

w2pl3.jpg

w1ld1.jpg

definantly some of the most beautiful cases i've ever seen. but does anyone else get the photoshop feeling? i know the cases are real but... i dont know i just get that gut feeling.

Unless I missed it, can some one point me in the direction of the link where I can buy these cases?

Back